Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on LURTZ...!

Really want a new villain. Been a long time since Grishnakh.

^^^
This!
Lurtz is at the top of my want list, followed by Sauron, Eomer, Arwen, Gollum/Smeagol, Faramir, Galadriel, Theoden ...
Keep 'em coming Asmus!

Hello Asmus! With Gimli fully announced now, when can we expect an update on Arwen? Thanks!!

My picks, in no particular order, would be:

Bilbo (LotR)
Théoden
Gondor Soldier in armor
Moria Goblin/Orc
Gollum/Sméagol
Lurtz
Treebeard
Eowyn in armor

And I'm still hoping for a Gandalf the Grey on horse-drawn cart with the fireworks!

I too want Elrond, Galadriel, Old Bilbo, Faramir and Sauron. Maybe Theoden too.

Problem with Elrond: I want it without armor, for the Elrond's council scene and the many scenes in Rivendel.
Other people want him fully suited for the action scenes. Here hopes Asmus will satisfy both camps.

Regards,
m.

In this order would be nice:
Arwen
Gollum
Sauron
Galadriel
Old Bilbo
Elrond
Lurtz
Theoden
Faramir
Young Bilbo
Eomer
Denethor

Honestly, I hope they don't do so many figures, at least in a short time. I don't have the room nor the funds for all these. After the Fellowship, my only 'needs' are the Nazgûl and Gollum. I certainly will purchase Arwen, Lurtz or Galadriel. Would love Eomer, Elrond or Theoden too, but can live without them. I'm all in for a Gandalf update. As for Sauron or Treebeard, I'm surprised that people are wanting them, cause they would be really huge. At 1/6 Sauron would be like 1ft tall, and treebeard 3ft or more, isn't it?

At 1/6 sauron should stand 15+ inches to at least look right to the eye. Scale doesn't need to be exact as the nature of a cgi character like him in those scenes is that their scale varies from scene to scene but he would need to be big and awesome. I think galadriel and sauron are tops on my list. Followed by Lurtz and more Dwarves. I'll buy ever dwarf they make even if it's just random characters from the background of scenes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree it doesn't need to be totally accurate, but 15 inches seems too small to my eyes. I think he should be around 21 inches at least, just like Hot Toys Hulkbuster. Still, too big for me. I don't know where I'd put him.
sauron.jpg

No, that would make him the same height as Aragorn, Boromir, etc.
At 1:6 scale, he would be equal in height to the Sideshow-Weta Sauron statue, or about 2ft tall.

Yeah, sorry, you're right. I'm used to centimeters, so all those inches and feet drive me a bit crazy, haha. I mean, he has to be really tall, almost doubling a regular human size.

I too want Elrond, Galadriel, Old Bilbo, Faramir and Sauron. Maybe Theoden too.

Problem with Elrond: I want it without armor, for the Elrond's council scene and the many scenes in Rivendel.
Other people want him fully suited for the action scenes. Here hopes Asmus will satisfy both camps.

Regards,
m.

I agree about Elrond’s outfit (same with Arwen and Galadriel); I would rather have them in their robes.

Love what Asmus is doing. Figures I'd like to see:

Lurtz
Berserker Uruk-Hai
Gorbag
Gollum
Sauron
Young Bilbo
Black Gate Aragorn
Treebeard

Love what Asmus is doing. Figures I'd like to see:

Lurtz
Berserker Uruk-Hai
Gorbag
Gollum
Sauron
Young Bilbo
Black Gate Aragorn
Treebeard
I'm also hoping for Black Gate Aragorn. I'd hate to buy the Art Figures King figure to use with my Expansion Aragorn Head only to find out Asmus is doing one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sauron is just too big. I'd love a Smaug too... but that's crazy.

Let's keep the focus on Lurtz.

And Grima Wormtongue.
Sauron and Smaug aren't really comparable? I think when people say they'd like to see Sauron, they mean the armored version from the beginning of Fellowship, not the Eye of Sauron tower.

Yeah, I am thinking like aHot Toys Hulk sized Sauron. Not too unbelievable at all. Big but not crazy. The thing is it would require Asmus to create another new body and I'm sure it would be an expensive piece but that would be so dang cool to have on display.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back