Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am thinking like aHot Toys Hulk sized Sauron. Not too unbelievable at all. Big but not crazy. The thing is it would require Asmus to create another new body and I'm sure it would be an expensive piece but that would be so dang cool to have on display.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I imagine it'd be around the size of Ultron Prime from Hot Toys.

It's definitely doable. Asmus is clearly not afraid to innovate and experiment to get a character right. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Asmus, I need six Mumakils in order to recreate this scene in 1/6th scale:

mumakil-at-battle-of-pelennor.jpg

I believe in the movies Sauron is somewhere around 10 feet tall, which would put his 1/6 figure around 20 inches. His scale has been pretty well established with all the various Sideshow statues over the years.

Doesn't Asmus already have a 1/4 body in their portfolio? Isn't that 18"? They wouldn't have to invest a cent in r+d should they go for that size. But if they wanted to go for something even bigger/truer to scale, they already have experience with bigger bodies. Asmus seems so comitted to pushing the envelope (to our delight) that everything seems possible (given enough years, that is... for them to do the magic, for us to gather the cash!).

Regarding price: to be honest, Sauron is just a base body, the ragged clothes, his weapon, and some armour. That's it. It shouldn't be that expensive. $400 maybe?

Regards,
m.

Yeah, I am thinking like aHot Toys Hulk sized Sauron. Not too unbelievable at all. Big but not crazy. The thing is it would require Asmus to create another new body and I'm sure it would be an expensive piece but that would be so dang cool to have on display.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smaug would be really unfeasible, but what about the Witchking's dragon of ROTK?
It could be some disassembled kit. You would assemble it and... wow!! With saddle and all!!!
If enough of us ask for it, they'll do it, whatever it be. It is all about money.
Regards,
m.

Sauron is just too big. I'd love a Smaug too... but that's crazy.

Let's keep the focus on Lurtz.

And Grima Wormtongue.

I believe in the movies Sauron is somewhere around 10 feet tall, which would put his 1/6 figure around 20 inches. His scale has been pretty well established with all the various Sideshow statues over the years.

That's the figure I have been waiting for.

I must clarify: I was thinking only of the head+neck+saddle area.
You just can't do the tail+wings in 1/6. Damn too big.
But the neck and head, conveniently articulated for more fun... wow!
The piece could come disassembled, and the whole thing could fit in the same package as that of MoS or Nazul+steed.
Right?

Asmuuuuus!! Do you hear meeee??

m.

Smaug would be really unfeasible, but what about the Witchking's dragon of ROTK?
It could be some disassembled kit. You would assemble it and... wow!! With saddle and all!!!
If enough of us ask for it, they'll do it, whatever it be. It is all about money.
Regards,
m.

I must clarify: I was thinking only of the head+neck+saddle area.
You just can't do the tail+wings in 1/6. Damn too big.
But the neck and head, conveniently articulated for more fun... wow!
The piece could come disassembled, and the whole thing could fit in the same package as that of MoS or Nazul+steed.
Right?

Asmuuuuus!! Do you hear meeee??

m.

They already thought about this idea and nixed it.

Not a question for Asmus really but does anyone have good advice or a link to a thread for weathering info? Permanent and/or temporary (like chalk).

Hi Asmus. :wave

Do you have any plans to sell any Lord of the Rings/Hobbit diorama pieces? Like your Hateful Eight Haberdashery door?

I noticed in the background of your Gimli photos that you seem to have made a Balin's Tomb. Was that just a one-off for the photos or is it possible you'll produce that in the future?

Why are the Frodo+Sam upgrade sets shipping behind the slim Frodo+Sam figures?

Wondering about this myself. We were told to expect these a little later because they had to be shipped from Asmus's office rather than the factory, but it has been months. It's also worrying because I ordered a Merry and Pippin set at the same time and, while I received those, my order now says "Complete" on Asmus's website.

Hi Asmus. :wave

Do you have any plans to sell any Lord of the Rings/Hobbit diorama pieces? Like your Hateful Eight Haberdashery door?

I noticed in the background of your Gimli photos that you seem to have made a Balin's Tomb. Was that just a one-off for the photos or is it possible you'll produce that in the future?

Yes, but diorama isn't in our contract, so we are working on it at moment.
It is the tomb of Balin at the background, you have good eyes~

Yes, but diorama isn't in our contract, so we are working on it at moment.
It is the tomb of Balin at the background, you have good eyes~

I for one would love a Balin’s tomb diorama. Hopefully dioramas get added to your contract. I wonder if that might be a way to get Gandalf’s cart if that happened. It wouldn’t have to be a function cart it could just be a solid or hollow piece of plastic.

Back