Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than what's done, which is actually a lot more than I was expecting, these are the only ones I'd put in my collection. That being said I don't think my collection would be complete without them;

- Sauron
- Lurtz
- Galadriel
- Arwen
- Elrond (I could live without him but I's have a hard time passing him up)
and MOST importantly; Gollum. But Asmus has their work cut out for them, NECA's is utterly perfect despite the scale. If someone could shrink that down to 1/6 I'd be totally satisfied.

No Éomer or Théoden? Also, Haldir in Helm's Deep armor would be hard to pass.
I mean, I was only collecting a few. Then I said myself I'd stop with the Fellowship complete. But this is becoming my favorite line ever, and I'm even thinking on getting Thorin, so this is going deep. :slap

My must-gets would be the following:

1. Gollum/Smeagol (Without an outfit, all of the exposed joints would be an eyesore, but perhaps something can be done.)

2. Theoden in battle gear

3. Goblin from Moria (the big-eyed ones)

4. Lurtz

5. Gondorian Fountain Guard / Generic Soldier (I put these together, as either would fill my Gondorian need. Perhaps offer a armor/weapons set minus the figure for army builders?

We need to find a fight for Thorin.

and check out that beastly butt

LOL ASMUS please include Daisy (white warg) and a Thorin ice battle version

Thorin_fighting.jpg

with separate purchase diorama stands of 1) flaming pine trees and 2) Ravenhill ice field.

Thank u so much:monkey3:cool:

- Sauron
- Lurtz
- Galadriel
- Arwen
- Elrond
and MOST importantly; Gollum. .

Are Arwen and Lurtz confirmed? As well as Eomer, correct? My list for rounding out LotR would be the above, plus Faramir, Theoden and possibly Denethor. Then I'd just need to circle back around and pick up MoS and Grishnakh and Gothmog. Hopefully Asmus will produce a haired and bearded GtG and GtW. Any chance of a haired Legolas?

Are Arwen and Lurtz confirmed? As well as Eomer, correct? My list for rounding out LotR would be the above, plus Faramir, Theoden and possibly Denethor. Then I'd just need to circle back around and pick up MoS and Grishnakh and Gothmog. Hopefully Asmus will produce a haired and bearded GtG and GtW. Any chance of a haired Legolas?

Arwen and Eomer are definitely confirmed. They've shown sculpts or digital renders of those. I'm not sure if Lurtz has ever been officially confirmed, but I believe they've mentioned that they want to make him on a few occasions. And if they're making Azog, it stands to reason Lurtz won't be far behind since they could re-use a fair amount of Azog's body components for the Uruks.

Arwen and Eomer are definitely confirmed. They've shown sculpts or digital renders of those. I'm not sure if Lurtz has ever been officially confirmed, but I believe they've mentioned that they want to make him on a few occasions. And if they're making Azog, it stands to reason Lurtz won't be far behind since they could re-use a fair amount of Azog's body components for the Uruks.

Where are the pics for the Arwen render?

That version of Thorin would be amazing!

Easy for them (relatively). I mean they've got a Thorin or soon. New costume & paint. Maybe an Azog w. the slight winter armor he had e.g. Azog had a bit of fur at the shoulders + the chain and block.

Asmus, very excited to be getting Azog

but there's been talks of Lurtz and the Uruk Hai long before him. Any updates on them?

One of the things I really like that Asmus is doing is limiting the time from preorder to release. I know it's not always perfect but it's better than the 1-2 year waits we get from HT. I know this presents some problems with getting community feedback, but they also engage fairly early on with renders and I think that's admirable.

One of the things I really like that Asmus is doing is limiting the time from preorder to release. I know it's not always perfect but it's better than the 1-2 year waits we get from HT. I know this presents some problems with getting community feedback, but they also engage fairly early on with renders and I think that's admirable.

I'm really impressed by the turn-around on some of their figures and the pace of the line overall. Even if certain figures take a while (like Gimli), they don't let the line go cold while they figure out how to clear production hurdles. There are always other figures in the pipeline. What are we getting three to five a year? That's a pretty good clip. In fact, I'm starting to think they may actually make that Q3 estimate on Thorin.

I'm really impressed by the turn-around on some of their figures and the pace of the line overall. Even if certain figures take a while (like Gimli), they don't let the line go cold while they figure out how to clear production hurdles. There are always other figures in the pipeline. What are we getting three to five a year? That's a pretty good clip. In fact, I'm starting to think they may actually make that Q3 estimate on Thorin.

Absolutely, they keep the pace well. I would be surprised if they meet that deadline, but not shocked. It's heavily dependent on how far into production they are, and if the solicitation images are already factory samples, they may be way ahead. I'm thinking we'll see him prior to Chinese New Year 2019 more realistically.

Back