Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus, I was wondering if you were planning to revisit the Lord of the Rings horses. I would love Brego, Arod, Shadowfax and Bill the Pony. They wouldn't have to be jointed. Actually I prefer they weren't and maybe on some kind of base so you could put the figures on them.

Bill the Pony would be great with all his tack and supplies. Would fit in with the rest of the Fellowship. :)

Even if there was sufficient demand for a Tolkien figure (and I doubt that's the case), the author's son and manager of his estate is not a fan of the films and would not let that happen. Peter Jackson's cameo an Umbar Corsair would have a better chance as a small run figure, but even that would be very unlikely.

Maybe Asmus or someone else can answer this. I asked a couple times in the Aragorn thread but didn't get a response.

Did Aragorn have a COA or was numbered in any way? I received one brand new recently and was just making sure I wasn't missing anything.

I don't think I received a COA with Aragorn. The Merry & Pippin set and Gothmog were definitely numbered though. I can't remember the rest of the top of my head.

I was just wondering specifically about Aragorn, because it seems that most other sets are numbered in some way. I know all 4 Hobbits & Slim Saruman are numbed on the inner art insert, and the Nazgul had unnumbered COA's.

Aragorn's inner art insert isn't numbered, but I was checking to see if I was missing a COA if he was supposed to include one

I don't think there was a separate COA. I think the hand-numbering was intended to count as a kind of COA for the figures they numbered.

If I think of it I'll check tonight to see if my Aragorn box is still in my house or off at the storage unit. If it's at the house, I'll take a peek and let you know.

I don't think there was a separate COA. I think the hand-numbering was intended to count as a kind of COA for the figures they numbered.

If I think of it I'll check tonight to see if my Aragorn box is still in my house or off at the storage unit. If it's at the house, I'll take a peek and let you know.

Thanks brother :hi5: Don't go crazy or out of your way though. I'm sure Asmus or someone else can confirm

Question for Asmus: How long does your 1/6 LOTR license last (assuming that isn't confidential business information)? I seem to recall there being questions about whether you'd get around to the entire Fellowship within the time-frame of the license---two years sticks in my head, but I think it's been longer than that since your first LOTR figure.

And while I gather that we will be getting the whole Fellowship, given that only Boromir and Gimli remain for Asmus to solicit pre-orders, I was also curious how long we can expect to be getting LOTR figures as there are a number of non-Fellowship figures on my wishlist: Faramir, Theoden, Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, etc.

Question for Asmus: When you do Bilbo, are you thinking of old Bilbo, young Bilbo, or both?

I didn't know where to put this so and I know this is the LotR thread but anway:

- Asmus Toys, is there any chance of revisiting/ making a new Ace Ventura 2.0 figure (or a Jim Carrey Riddler) like you did with The Mask?

- Are there any new licenses being announced this year?

Asmus, to piggyback off Cammo's question, would there ever be a possibility of another musashi from vagabond release? I missed that figure and it's really hard to find. Thanks asmus

That is what they said when I asked. Diamond Select have a super ****** display though. They use horrible lighting, set things up hap-hazard, and have weird cases that are hard to see into as well. Top that off, a lot of the cool stuff ends up on ground level which is really hard to crouch down and see, especially with people knocking into you with giant bags of junk and strollers that are not supposed to be in the hall.

I am going, looking forward to whatever they have to show.

Hey Amus, will you be releasing a SLIM version of Gandalf the Grey?

Back