Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my response was based on Asmus original pretense that they were going to expand their line beyond what Sideshow had done -- figures like Gimli, etc -- but then they previewed Aragorn and now Legolas... so who knows what they're doing. If the initial plan is true, then I would guess Legolas is from Hobbit, but if that original plan is no longer, then perhaps this Legolas id from LOTR. They have not said yet which Legolas they are doing.

They do sometimes make stuff that isn't LOTR related. They did make a set of T2 leathers for the Battle Damaged T800 figure so we could display a second version and use both heads.

When can we expect more updates on Aragorn and Legolas. Not to be a nag, but I have to say that with the HT Star Wars announcement, lines like this are going to have to step up to compete at least in my case. I started with the SS LotR line and dropped it due to lackluster product, holes in the character choices, and spotty release schedule. While I want a high quality LotR line for sure, there's even greater competition for the collecting dollar so I'm anxious to know what's coming down the pipeline.

I'm with you nexus...I just placed a pre-order for the Han/Chewie set...at $500, that's a HUGE dent in the wallet! I want to ensure that Asmus has a steady stream coming...as LOTR is my first love and Star Wars a close second.

Nexus: I agree completely. Only a few weeks ago was going to preorder FG Archer, or Phicen Huntress or even Asmus Eowyn plus other heads n parts, but now too many grail characters coming out from other lines.

Yeah, there are so many things I want to buy right now it's insane. And the problem is, I generally get all of my non-Hot Toys figures repainted, because they often need it imo. So they can end up costing quite a lot.

This is a little off-topic, but if anyone has recommendations for painters, please throw 'em at me. Skiman doesn't take private commissions anymore, and while I know SilentSurfer is one of the best too, I've never had success contacting him. I like Darren Carnall's work, but he's in the UK. Argh.

I'm with you nexus...I just placed a pre-order for the Han/Chewie set...at $500, that's a HUGE dent in the wallet! I want to ensure that Asmus has a steady stream coming...as LOTR is my first love and Star Wars a close second.

I order that set through SS and took it over 8 payments so it doesn't hurt as bad.

I order that set through SS and took it over 8 payments so it doesn't hurt as bad.

Depends on how you look at it. Each payment doesn't hurt as bad until you add them up. Reward points help too but it still probably ate up a huge, huge chuck on my hobby funds. LOTR figures and this set might be it for 2015 for me. . . oh and hopefully maybe somehow Superman and RD . . . and McFly . . . and I have a problem. :slap

I agree though spreading it out over 8 payments helps you plan a little bit better because you have to make a payment each month instead of saving it up and risking using it on something else that is an impulse buy.

Do you really think to try selling fixed/remastered figure parts with other figures? It doesn't look like a "good" business.

Back