Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 100% certain everyone will vote for her riding outfit.

I doubt many people here even know what other outfits she wore.

(Unless, like me, they have a spouse who's a giant LOTR nerd and a costuming enthusiast! There are discussion boards. All of those dresses have nicknames apparently.)

:lol

Last edited:
I'm 100% certain everyone will vote for her riding outfit.

I doubt many people here even know what other outfits she wore.

if we want an Arwen with decent accessories like sword,
riding one is definitely it.

11BU10_CS_LOTRREFRESH.jpg

The tricky part about the riding dress is that she doesn't wear a belt and scabbard with it. They did design a scabbard for Hadhafang (her sword) -- of course they did, it's Weta -- but we never really see it in the film. They displayed the scabbard with the sword in that traveling museum exhibit that Weta did about ten years ago. As you'd expect, it's quite beautiful.

In the movie, when she draws the sword, I assume the scabbard is hooked onto her saddle somewhere.

So the question becomes ... Does Asmus ...

1) Produce Arwen with a sword but no scabbard?

2) Add a scabbard and belt even though it's not movie-accurate?

3) Or include a horse with scabbard attached to the saddle?

I'd be interested in option 3, but then I'm greedy. :wink1:

Sorry. Wrong. I'd vote for one of the dresses she wore. The riding outfit is cool, but she wears this for less than 5 minutes; she's primarily seen in a dress throughout the movies, and I would rather see her that way.

I actually agree with you. Although I feel everyone (or nearly apparently) would vote for the riding outfit, I actually bought the stupid ToyBiz Arwen for that violet Farewell Dress to bash an Arwen. I do feel that purple is her character color and would prefer one of the purple dresses.

But most collectors like action/warriors... so its likely that the Warrior Arwen will win out.

And I'll admit, I do like the little scar on that beautiful face.

The tricky part about the riding dress is that she doesn't wear a belt and scabbard with it. They did design a scabbard for Hadhafang (her sword) -- of course they did, it's Weta -- but we never really see it in the film. They displayed the scabbard with the sword in that traveling museum exhibit that Weta did about ten years ago. As you'd expect, it's quite beautiful.

Hadhafang scabbard actually appears twice is in the movie (even if, as you said, we don't really see it): at Elrond's side, in the prologue scene
elrond_highres1.jpg

and also at the horse side during the Nazgul chase:
afotr16.jpg

So to be screen accurate Arwen must come either with a horse or with a stand-alone Hadhafang with scabbard. Surely not with a belt.

I honestly don't see why we will miss out Arwen.

It is more like the debate of which custom we should have her dressed in.

Good to hear. I don't really care which costume myself--blue gown, green riding, etc. There are folks much better in the know than I. So maybe a poll is in order.

Hadhafang scabbard actually appears twice is in the movie (even if, as you said, we don't really see it): at Elrond's side, in the prologue scene
elrond_highres1.jpg

and also at the horse side during the Nazgul chase:
afotr16.jpg

So to be screen accurate Arwen must come either with a horse or with a stand-alone Hadhafang with scabbard. Surely not with a belt.

Nice! I figured it was lashed to her saddle somewhere. Good eye!

But yeah, "appears" may be a slight exaggeration! :lol

Related: Man, I would love an Elrond in full orc-spattered First Age armor! That is a bad-a$$ look.

Though I really dig his red Hobbit armor as well. Does he still have Hadhafang in the Hobbit or has he given that to Arwen at that point?

Asmus -- is the Ringwraith and Steed near ready to ship? I ask because I see them on ebay from AD Artwork (someone here on the boards) without the "preorder" disclosure.

I'll take one if they're ready to go.

Asmus -- is the Ringwraith and Steed near ready to ship? I ask because I see them on ebay from AD Artwork (someone here on the boards) without the "preorder" disclosure.

I'll take one if they're ready to go.

No, it must be a pre-order too.

It is scheduled ready in October
Should be no delay at moment.

Nice! I figured it was lashed to her saddle somewhere. Good eye!

But yeah, "appears" may be a slight exaggeration! :lol

Related: Man, I would love an Elrond in full orc-spattered First Age armor! That is a bad-a$$ look.

Though I really dig his red Hobbit armor as well. Does he still have Hadhafang in the Hobbit or has he given that to Arwen at that point?

I vote for a elrond and arwen! Elrond would be sweet in his armour. But I agree with some that I'd like to see arwen in her dress. Since she's in a dress far more in the movies.

Back