Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, when I said that I'd want/think we would get Tauriel before Arwen, I wasn't saying that because she didn't serve some sense of masculinity... that's a weird thing for you to have thrown in there, Stryker. With the way Asmus has been going, more villains, recreating battle scenes with Guritz, Witch King/Eowyn, Gothmog, Gandalf in his fighting garb, I would imagine Tauriel would be more up on their list than Arwen, but I could be off base.

The thing about Arwen is that she takes the place of a much more important character in Tolkien's work - Glorfindel, only elf to ever come back from the dead.
And I'd rather see more of the cool designs from the movies or from tolkien, than have all the actors' in their respective costumes ;)
Like the gondorian soldiers, elven warriors

Yeah that's the other thing about Arwen, important in the movies bc she was made to save the Hobbits, but other than that she doesn't really serve much of a purpose except as a love interest for Aragorn that is only mentioned in the appendices of LotR.

As for Morgul Lord, all I know is that we have held back a very small amount for a special "thing" !

Replacement will likely to go with Eowyn (free with purchase), we are waiting for the samples at moment. :D

Okay, this is kinda bitter sweet for me. I love that you guys are following through on the replacement body, but I don't have any interest in purchasing Eowyn. Will the replacement body be available otherwise?

And what kinda special "thing" do you have planned? A tease like that kinda excites me.

I agree with the above. I do not plan on purchasing Eowyn but really want the replacement body. Having it available separately would be sweet.

Either way, thanks for following through on our concerns with the Morgul Lord body. :clap

I agree with the above. I do not plan on purchasing Eowyn but really want the replacement body. Having it available separately would be sweet.

Either way, thanks for following through on our concerns with the Morgul Lord body. :clap

Yes, the brand we work with is releasing it separately. But will be in skin color rather than black

You mentioned some morgul lords had been saved, can you comment on whether there might be a rerelease or another version? THanks again for answering our q's
Yes, the brand we work with is releasing it separately. But will be in skin color rather than black

Personally, when I said that I'd want/think we would get Tauriel before Arwen, I wasn't saying that because she didn't serve some sense of masculinity... that's a weird thing for you to have thrown in there, Stryker.

Sorry, SurlyJ, it wasn't a dig on you personally. It was a general grievance I have about the lack of love females have gotten in the "action figure" world since they started making toys (Barbie aside). It always pissed me off when I used to collect comic book characters and there would rarely ever be any of the women. The manufacturers, and collectors, all seem to feel that boys don't want to play with female dolls. Even as a kid I found this sort of thinking way off base. I don't know what the issue is with these more high-end collectibles when it comes to the female figs. I see a lot of *****ing about rooted hair, or tactical hookers, etc etc, and it just frustrates the crap out of me. I always found it funny (and interesting) when I was collecting comic characters, that when they did release a limited number of female figures, like say X-Men's Rogue, those damn things sold out immediately. So it just seems that either toy companies misjudge what people really want, or sadly, they follow forums like this and listen to everyone saying "don't make" this female or that female, I'd rather have some random non-descript cannon-fodder character that wears cool armor. I WANT the women, dammit! I also want the entire 9 members of the Fellowship, and Sauron, Saruman, MOS. I get why they are doing some of the Orcs (at least the ones they've shown so far had actual lines of dialogue and a certain amount of plot involvment), but I don't want the women left out because people keep clamoring for some irrelevant character in Gondorian or Elvish armor whose only purpose was to get killed in the background. At the cost of these things, I'd rather have characters of some significance in the films. Liker her or not, and I'm again, I'm not talking about you specifically, the three women in this trilogy had significant impact on the plot. If Arwen hadn't chosen to stay and became tied to the fate of the ring, would Aragorn have finally gotten the balls to stand against the armies of Mordor in the final battle? She matters to the plot (of the movie) more than just someone Aragorn makes out with... plus, it's Liv Tyler, and she's f'ing hot! :wink1:

I'm 100% behind getting the female characters! These are supposed to be high end collectible figures which represent the movies and story of Lord of the Rings, not just some action toys where it's mostly about cool armour and weapons. The importance of a character in the story means much more to me than the cool looks of a figure (not that I mind these).

If Asmus doesn't make Arwen or Galadriel, maybe we'll see them from ACI. That's one positive of having two companies working on the same license.

What about The Mouth of Sauron on his horse? Is that a definite and is their some sort of timeline?

They have confirmed MoS.

Here's the only timeline we've been given:

The order will be as follow...

1.Aragorn = next

2. Then we will have 2 Hobbits characters. (both WIP) to go long the movie...
One female, one male, no dwarfs yet.

3.Legoas (WIP)

4.Saruman (WIP)

5.Then we will have a team focus on halfing/dwarfs,
so Gimli, Thorin, Bilbo, and Mery/Piippen will like to happen together next year.

6.Then will jump to Urak-hai , Azog... Big orcs.

There will always be characters in between.

This is the big picture we draw, it may vary because it is for 3 years, but it is a bottom line we would like stick with.

I'm guessing the Hobbit characters are Tauriel and Bard. Though I'd love to see a figure of Thranduil.

As for LOTR, I'd like to see Faramir. I'm dying to see the final Aragorn sculpt.

I honestly don't see why we will miss out Arwen.

It is more like the debate of which custom we should have her dressed in.

Back