Question - I'm about to put together a HT Predator, what should I be careful of?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you EVAR stop whoring? Use the PM system or Commerce forum....that's what they're there for. :cool:

:whip :lol

HT preds are quite easy to put together really, even stag can do it. just take your time with the first one and dont force anything. The hot water trick is as good as the hair dryer just more annoying. preds are like smoking dont start. once u take that first puff your hooked :D

:whip :lol

HT preds are quite easy to put together really, even stag can do it. just take your time with the first one and dont force anything. The hot water trick is as good as the hair dryer just more annoying. preds are like smoking dont start. once u take that first puff your hooked :D

You've got that right bro.....Is there a Betty Ford clinic for HT Pred collectors?

Not sure why describing putting together a Predator and railing a nun sound so oddly similar.... ( I'm joking, I already have enough problems with God. :lol )

dancingnun.gif

:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono

Definitely need some way to heat these up - hairdryer is best, but hot water can also be used.

And really watch the belt/codpiece on the P2 BD...that little peg was a ^^^^^ and I accedentally broke mine. Easy enough to fix with a small screw, but be careful on that one.

Yes, I also broke it. Take care with that piece!

if you use the hairdrier , be careful of the treads
i have used both (water and hairdrier) and prefer the hot water
the fist one will take you a long time to put together ( 1 hour for me) , but after it you´ll want more
post pictures once its finished

Another good tip to sliding the knee pads up and into place over the shins and netting, is to use either a small plastic bag or a corner cut off from a larger plastic bag just long enough to go from ankle to knee and just wide enough to wrap once around the lower leg. What you do is hook the closed end of the bag (bag corner) over the ankle and wrap the excess plastic so it covers the net suit completely, then heat the knee pad with a hairdryer or warm water and slide the knee pad up over the plastic covered leg and into place, then slide the plastic bag off the leg keeping the knee pad in place. The plastic should prevent the knee pad from sliding the net up and out of place and prevent the knee pad from snagging on the net suit or calf.

Man... I have 3 preds laying around, waiting to be assembled, soon even 4! And the more I read about putting them together, the less I feel like actually doing it! :lol
No, actually I'm happy that so much tips are given. Should really help me to avoid breaking something, when that day comes... :D

Same here but just 2 Predators. Thanks for the tips guys!

One last important tip...make sure you put the pieces on the right way around - not on the wrong limb or upside down (bone necklaces) Once you've put them together, there's no going back!

Man... I have 3 preds laying around, waiting to be assembled, soon even 4! And the more I read about putting them together, the less I feel like actually doing it! :lol
No, actually I'm happy that so much tips are given. Should really help me to avoid breaking something, when that day comes... :D

I feel bad about dropping the ball on the technical thread I started a couple of months ago... I simply haven't had time to get it set up, and I'm still in the process of gathering information. I was hoping to make it as comprehensive as possible, with pics and everything, including individual notes for the different Predator figures that have been produced so far. I haven't given up on it and I believe it will be a useful resource when it's ready to go... Sorry it's taking so long. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! :monkey1

As title says, I'm ready to assemble one of these. But I've read enough about some breakage issues. Anything in particular I should look out for when assembly the Cleaner Ex or the P2 BD?

Congratulations on your first predator :bounce It's a crapshoot whether you will break him or not.

My best wishes to you, regardless of how things turn out.

And be careful not to cut your fingers with the spear, that thing really is a weapon.

And be careful not to cut your fingers with the spear, that thing really is a weapon.

:lol:lol i done the exact same thing with my chopper. the spear was stiff and i pulled it really hard then ouch stab to the finger :lol

i done the exact same thing with my chopper. the spear was stiff and i pulled it really hard then ouch stab to the finger

I'm actually glad its just made out of Hot Toys cheap plastic this time, if it was made out of some kind of high grade tool steel, I could have opened up a friggin artery or something. Or if I dropped it on my pants, I could have sliced the end off my johnson. :monkey4

The packaging wasn't lying when it say " Not a toy. Not to be played with by children under the age of 14" :nono

So I finished completing regular Wolf last night. I have mixed feelings, below are some questions/uneasiness I had/have whle putting it together.

I definately need a hair dryer. The boiling water helped, but I think a hair dryer would have been better.

I did manage to "break" one of the shin guards when moving it up his leg. Just the cloth strap came off where it was originally glued and I had to use some superglue to reattach, no big deal.

I don't really like how those same knee and calf guards fit, it's just a cloth strap and they keep falling down while posing him.

I also just wasn't too confident about the 2 leg joints being completely installed. I was expecting a satisfying click when pushing them on and I didn't get one. But they seem to be movable and attached completely.

I can't fit the bio mask on; I'm scared of breaking his mandibles if I force it. Should I use the heating trick on this too?

I guess I need to play with posing him and figuring out how to using the stand properly (I currently have the stand loop around his calf) because once I got him set up, I didn't want to touch him for fear of something else coming loose.

I'm not trying to complain, these are just the issues I had while putting together. It is different than what I was expecting. I thought he would be more of a "toy", but I think these are meant to be put together, fidn the right pose, and displayed on the shelf without too much further handling.

don't handle him too much cos something will break..the most fragile part is probably the metal hoses that connect to the bio....also to get the bio on what I do is line up the chin then push on working my way upwards. The mandibles won't break unless you push ridiculously hard.

and I dont think having the metal loop around his calf will provide much support.

Each Predator seems to have his own set of obstacles. Scar was my first and I managed to snap his hip armor off. Pred 2 and that dreadfull loin cloth issue.I managed to break the little flimsy post on the back. Elder Pred 2 and those @#$#% shin guards. You damn near need a blow torch and a jar of vaseline to get those on, I did not break anything on him, which was a miracle. Lastly Wolf. His left leg never did click into place, and was wobbly, his right arm fell off while posing him and now his Bio mask won't stay on and those crappy little springs snap like twigs. Good news is I maged to fix all his ailments. Lot of work for things that expensive.

Back