Question: Did you start with 1:6 figures? Do you sell?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys I thought this needed a thread because I am looking for a lot of answers. I have been doing this for close to 2 months I nee to check when I signed up but in that time my collecting has changed. I started out with 1:6 Figures from Hot Toys and Sideshow. I loved the Hot Toys figures but the sideshow could use work. Well I bought all the Hot Toys I wanted and pre ordered the rest and I bought a Premium Performance Thing from Sideshow I was in shock. I became interested in 1:1 and bought the T-600 and I am now hooked on them. In the last few days I bought the Mark III 1:1 Bust, 1:2 Maquette, 1:1 T-800 Endoskell, 1:2 T-800 Endoskeleton, Life size Darth Vader Bust, Premium Performance, Spider-Man,Green Goblin,Robocop, and Arnold T-800 EX and the Star Wars speedster and figure from ROTJ. Now I feel some things in my collection I do not need say the Mark III Helmet I bought and I was going to sell that even though I had it about a week. My question is, is this normally how collecting these types of things goes I can't see me getting out of Hot Toys 1:6 I think they are great but I am leaning towards the sideshow life size stuff now. Do you guys sell things to make room or because you upgraded and purchased a better piece and then sell the older one? I would like to hear you comments and to give me advice. I a lighter note I took your advice and ordered Ikea display cases and Shelving so that I can display everything properly. Thank you again everyone for helping me with my collection.

PF stands for Premium Format, not Premium Performance.

And to answer your question, I like pretty much all of it. The 1/6 figures are great. I really love the Premium Format figures and comiquettes. At the same time I still enjoy a lot of figures that represent things from my childhood like Masters of the Universe Classics and Masterpiece Transformers and Transformers Classics. I'm not too into the 1:1 stuff, but I'd like to have some of the busts like the Predator, Alien Warrior, and T-800 Endobust. I don't think I'd want a life sized full figure character in my home, though. That's just not my thing.

If space is not an issue, keep it all. It doesn't seem like funds are a problem for you. which is usually a reason I sell older items so I can purchase newer things. I only sell older items if I do not think I'll use them or have no need for them and then it's still hard to think which items will fall into that category. Okay, it's hard to get rid of anything.

AFM

If you need room..you can send me a few things... and I dont know..nothing performs better than my sideshow Premium Performance pieces.

Johnnyr, congrats on acquiring all of these pieces! You definitely have some great collectibles coming your way.

As for what to keep and what not to keep, it's all a matter of preference. It's something you just have to get a feel for yourself. I will say in the beginning I bought A LOT of pieces (not at your level, but nonethless.) Most of those pieces are now sold. Many people like 1:6 scale pieces because of their attention to detail, others prefer the 1:4 line. I'm a 1:4 person. I attempted 1:6, but it never "caught on" in my collection. You can't go wrong when you enjoy what you collect.

Bottom line: Get what you want and sell what you don't want.

You've been doing this for TWO MONTHS and you are already not appreciating the thing you have acquired. There are people here doing this for years that every purchase actually means something to them. First you really need to stop and think why you are getting into this? Do you generally love any of the characters of whom you are buying bust and figures of? My advice would be to slow down, you appreciate it more when you get something you really want

I like everything I bought but it is really just the Medicom stuff that I do not like and want to get rid of. And the Iron Man Helmet I do not think I need because I have the two new pieces coming. I don't want to sound like I am selling a lot. Also I just bought cabinets and shelving and stands for my stuff and I am trying to imagine where I am going to put things and what will look good together and what will be out of place. As for my active imagination you can look at my sig and see my whole collection so far. Thanks for the help guys

If you've bought all these things in 2 little months and are already thinking about getting rid of some of it I would really, like some have said here, slow down. It sounds like you're more into the spending of the money than collecting. I don't know what you do for a living but I"m sure you have better things to do with your money.

As for what you can do with the pieces you don't want. PM and and I'll send you my address so you can send it all to me.

He doesn't sound that old in his videos. He actually sounds pretty young. But you know how voices can be deceiving.

I collect 1:6 exclusively. I have some older Medicom / SS / Hot Toys I need to get around to selling. I haven't needed to sell anything to purchase any figures.

IMO, I think it is the natural evolution of collecting that people sell off pieces of their collection either to fund other purchases or just to make room. I am in a similar boat, I need to get around to listing my items and consolidate my collection a bit. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Back