Question: Did you start with 1:6 figures? Do you sell?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you can afford to buy all that stuff in 1 week then why sell anything at all? you obviously don't need the money. and here i am wondering how to afford 2 1/6 figures in 1 month. silly me. i must be in the wrong hobby.

I can see why you would want to sell your medicom spiderman figures ..if you had done your research rather then be so quick to buy another figure 4 the sake of it you would have known hot toys has got the marvel license and will be getting to him eventually ..also i don't like how your bashing medicom on just the basis of your spiderman figures ..there mgs3 snakes and dragonball figures r amazing and any fellow 1/6 collector would probably tell you the same ..but don't take my word 4 it why don't you just buy them and see 4 yourself :rolleyes:

The advice I'd give you is to buy what you enjoy. Do you have a passion for Predator, Star Wars, Marvel? Go with that. The main reason these collectibles are so popular and loved by this community of collectors is because we have a passion for the source material it came from. We all enjoy different things and base our collections on our personal likes and avoid items from properties that we dislike or don't care about.

Try collecting lines from things that you know and love and I think you'll be happier and won't have to start threads asking questions like this anymore because you'll be collecting what you enjoy.

I struggle in between 1:6, lifesize, and PF all the time. It does not get easier in time, but that is the part of collecting. Buying, selling, growth, consolidation....It can't be all about looking at my dollies on the shelf :)

Like most have already said, I think you need to slow down. Evaluate what you really love. Don't fall into the trap of just buying because you can, and because it's the hottest thing at the time.

Yes, as I'm sure with most people your taste and direct will change over time. I started this hobby about 12 years ago. During this time my collection has gone through many changes, though I have never wanted to sell stuff just after a few months of purchase.

I struggle in between 1:6, lifesize, and PF all the time. It does not get easier in time, but that is the part of collecting. Buying, selling, growth, consolidation....It can't be all about looking at my dollies on the shelf :)

Same, I stopped 1:6, but HT has reeled me back in, hook line and sinker.

I really like all my stuff I just wondered if you sold older things to make room for new stuff you like. I am only planning on selling a few items that I did not like the quality of. Also I am 34 years old to answer that question and I like this hobby I gave up another expensive hobby to get into this, plus it is really all going into the home theater room I am making so they are decorations now that I am getting the cases and stands. Thanks for the feedback.

Congrats on your stuff man. Only advice I can give is collect stuff that does mean more to you than just collect cause that's what other people are collecting. Believe it or not, cause I'm a comic book fan, I even love my medicom spidey. I have him posed with my HT wolverine and Ironman. Compared to superhero HT figures, it is low in totem pole but since I have a huge appreciation to the character, I love it. None of the items I've collected have lost its luster as I like every item that I purchased.

Again, congrats though as you did get a lot of really cool stuff though man, some of which I'm sure if we all have the funds would love to have.

I really like all my stuff I just wondered if you sold older things to make room for new stuff you like. I am only planning on selling a few items that I did not like the quality of. Also I am 34 years old to answer that question and I like this hobby I gave up another expensive hobby to get into this, plus it is really all going into the home theater room I am making so they are decorations now that I am getting the cases and stands. Thanks for the feedback.

I've never considered my collection to be a decoration for a room, however, I guess they could be considered decoration for some. My collection is the main thing in the room they are. But anyway, like some have mentioned, buy what you like, not just for the sake of buying or just because you have the money for it, otherwise, you will be bored and out of this hobby just as fast as you got into it.

Back