Question about SW novels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark Rendezvous and the Medstar Duology were the only Clone Wars books I really liked. Shatterpoint was good, but felt a bit long winded at times.

Oh and the Republic Commando books, loved those. After you read them I bet you want that Mandalorian Wall Artifact.

Ill chime in here too:
Read both the Republic Commando books if you are a clone nut, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!
Also, the Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader is a must read. That one'll have you missing work to get through it, it's so good.
Wasnt that impressed with Rogue Planet. Was good to shed light on Obi/Ani's new Knight/Padawan relationship, but it seemed a bit fantasy to me. Like the movies, the books have to be anchored to real tangible things. This one just sort of lofted off somewhere to a place akin to Star Trek, IMO.
Ive bought the Shatterpoint, ROTS, and the book right before ROTS. Ive only read OT anthologies before that though...Tales from Mos Eisely Cantina, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, etc.

I want to say this again:

The novelization of Revenge Of The Sith is one of the best books I have read. It's an amazing read.

And the novelization of Attack of the Clones is pure crap.

I'm going to read Labyrinth of Evil, ROTS, and Dark Lord soon, I'm looking forward to them.

Rogue Planet did kinda suck, I read it in a day because I didn't want to spend too much time on it. But it does tie in to the NJO very importantly!

Agent0028 said:
I'm going to read Labyrinth of Evil, ROTS, and Dark Lord soon, I'm looking forward to them.

Rogue Planet did kinda suck, I read it in a day because I didn't want to spend too much time on it. But it does tie in to the NJO very importantly!

you'll love them both Agent!!! after reading labyrinth you'll feel cheated that some of that stuff wasnt included in the ROTS movie. i believe a lot of the second half would've made the movie a little more exciting. and besides, you get to see Grievous in full Jedi butt-kicking mode. this isnt a spoiler as its pretty much everything from the opening credits of ROTS so dont be screaming at me.

I'm almost done with the dark lord novel. It's good just not what I expected. Do you guys post on any forums about the novels? I'd like to get some other opinions of some particular parts of the book but don't want to post any spoilers.

I have to agree with you DCFett, Dark Lord was very good. I am now reading Shadow Hunter and I like it pretty well. I love that link Dave, I needed a good Star Wars book site.

I know there's a good book about Maul but I'm not sure which one it is. I really want to read it to get a little more insight into one of my favorite characters :maul

Rocktonix said:
I'm almost done with the dark lord novel. It's good just not what I expected. Do you guys post on any forums about the novels? I'd like to get some other opinions of some particular parts of the book but don't want to post any spoilers.
You can post a new thread under the Star Wars forum about the book, just make sure you put a spoiler warning in the title.

Don't worry Hairless, I'm not one who worries too much about spoilers, I try to avoid them, but I figure if the book has been out as long as LoE or even Dark Lord for that matter has been out and I haven't read it and someone drops a spoiler its my fault for not getting on the ball quicker. Plus, like you said, that's hardly a spoiler since what you said can be seen in ROTS, Clone Wars cartoon, and Clone Wars comic Vol 7 I think.

Darth Loki said:
I know there's a good book about Maul but I'm not sure which one it is. I really want to read it to get a little more insight into one of my favorite characters :maul
Shadow Hunter by Michael Reeves, same guy who wrote the Medstar Duology (well one of the two anyways, the other is Steve Perry who wrote Shadows of the Empire). Here's an Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...=pd_bbs_1/102-0624152-4524169?ie=UTF8&s=books

There is also an e-book about Maul titled Saboteur.

Thank you Agent. I've seen this one and will pick it up next time I see it.

I get worked up about spoilers, since I'm consciously trying to work through the books now. But just start a new thread and put "spoiler" in the title.

None of the books have overly impressed me. Just finished Outbound Flight which is interesting as a prequel to the Thrawn trilogy, but had an unfinished quality to it. I didn't realize it was the beginning of another trilogy.

Darklord Dave said:
None of the books have overly impressed me. Just finished Outbound Flight which is interesting as a prequel to the Thrawn trilogy, but had an unfinished quality to it. I didn't realize it was the beginning of another trilogy.
Haven't read that one yet, I didn't realize it was going to be a trilogy either, kinda disappoints me, its always a tough call on whether to read the books as they come out or wait for them to all be published then read the trilogy.

Back