Question about setting up speakers.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabiansix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I apologize if this isn't the place for this kind of question, but I know that several of you are audio and video nuts. I am looking at these speakers:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-#spec

And I was hoping that somebody could tell me why there are two sets of plugs in the back to hook speaker wire up to. Sorry if it's a noob question, but I'm looking to upgrade after a LONG time and this is not my area! lol

ty!

I'm not really an expert, but I believe the the two sets of inputs are used when you have an amp that has a high and a low output per channel.

If you're using an amp that only has a regular output (meaning only 1 + and 1 - output per speaker) then you want to use jumpers at the speakers so that the sound carrying through the wiring gets distributed into both the high and the low end of the speaker. Jumpers are just copper plates that connect the 2 + and 2 - inputs. The speakers should come with them probably already installed.

Hope that helps.

Correct,

If your receiver just has the standard red and black outputs, use at least 20 gauge wire and run it to the speakers. You can then create a "bridge" to connect all 4 terminals of the speaker. So connect the two speaker connection to the high inputs on the speakers. Then make another set of speaker wires (maybe 6 inches long) to connect the low input connections. There you go.

More or less a cheap way to make a jumper. ;)

Back