New iPhone (Ver 3.0) Specs & Release Date?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody know how to initiate a Manual Push on the 3GS phones?
I know you can change the settings to "manual", but then how do you trigger that manual push? ...... thanks ... :monkey1
If it's for email, it only pushes when you open the email app, you won't get any new ones until you open it and it downloads them.

thanks Ill, ..... specifically, I was wondering about calendar entries.

.. Im just havign a hard time grasping the Manual setting. if you put it on manual, then how do you manually trigger it?

thanks Ill, ..... specifically, I was wondering about calendar entries.

.. Im just havign a hard time grasping the Manual setting. if you put it on manual, then how do you manually trigger it?
What are you syncing your calendar with?

I'm on Outlook, if Push is On then whenever a new event is entered into the calendar it is automatically updated. If Push is Off or set to Manual, it will only update the next time I open my email, since my calendar is combined on Outlook. If you're using something else, you may need to open the calendar so that it will update your new entries. Hope this helps.

yeah that kinda makes sense. I guess the manual trigger is opening the application.
RIght now Im still using iCal. But will more then likely end up in Outlook myself.

thanks man ... :duff

..... now if I can just get my work Exchange account to work ...

yeah that kinda makes sense. I guess the manual trigger is opening the application.
RIght now Im still using iCal. But will more then likely end up in Outlook myself.

thanks man ... :duff

..... now if I can just get my work Exchange account to work ...
On my way home now, but I can help you out with that when I get there.

cool, but Im not sure you can help me. I had our IT guy look at it and try to set it up to no avail, and then I found the set-up PDF from Apple's site regarding the iPhone and Exchange accounts and sent it to him and he said he'd have to reconfigure how exchange is set up when he gets a chance. We'll see ..... Im not 100% sure I want my work email on my phone anyway :lol

cool, but Im not sure you can help me. I had our IT guy look at it and try to set it up to no avail, and then I found the set-up PDF from Apple's site regarding the iPhone and Exchange accounts and sent it to him and he said he'd have to reconfigure how exchange is set up when he gets a chance. We'll see ..... Im not 100% sure I want my work email on my phone anyway :lol
Ah okay, I work for a City so their email system is pretty streamlined. Good luck!

Back