New iPhone (Ver 3.0) Specs & Release Date?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does iphone compare to the top blackberry? non-biased opinions pls.

Well, I had the top BB that Verizon had, but that was only the Curve. I do think it blows the Storm out of he water though, as I tried it for a bit when it first came out last year and I ^^^^ing hated the Storm.

Of course AT&T does have the Bold & 8900, so they are nicer than the Curve, but Verizon will have the Tour coming soon, which is pretty ^^^^ing nice.

Now, I loved the hell out of my Curve, best phone I had until the 3GS. Never really had a problem and I love qwerty keyboards!!

But I love having he full Internet on my 3GS!! Hell, I'm posting from it right now!!

But if you really need a smartphone for business get a BB or a WinMo phone for sure, they are made for business. But if you want a cool phone that has amazing features and blows most other phones out of the water, get the new iPhone!!!!

But if you really need a smartphone for business get a BB or a WinMo phone for sure, they are made for business. But if you want a cool phone that has amazing features and blows most other phones out of the water, get the new iPhone!!!!

That's not exactly true anymore now that the iPhone supports Exchange and features VPN on demand.

That's not exactly true anymore now that the iPhone supports Exchange and features VPN on demand.

Sure, try EASILY editing or even looking at Word Dos, Powerpoint briefs or Excel spreadsheets. And even the pay ones suck. So you can look at you email, big deal if you can't open and look at what people are sending you.

But I love my iPhone and wouldn't give it up. Because if a job needs me to be on the road that much and working mobilely, they are gonna get me a proper smartphone. Hell, all my bosses have the BB Worldphone. I hate it, but it's good for being on the run and working.

Sure, try EASILY editing or even looking at Word Dos, Powerpoint briefs or Excel spreadsheets.

I've been able to view Word Docs and Excel Spreadsheets (assuming they don't involve macros specific to the computer version of Excel) on my iPhone (easily, by just tapping the doc within email) just fine for a long time now. I don't need to do it often, but it's a handy feature. Never tried PowerPoint though.

I guess it all just depends on what your business needs are. For some, it might be Exchange and Office support. For others, it might be custom applications to handle tasks specific to that person's business. I, and many others, fall into the second category. The iPhone SDK (especially 3.0) makes it so easy to develop applications that many businesses are taking advantage of it and developing apps for in-house use.

I'm not saying one user's needs are more important than the others, and I'm not saying there are more people developing in-house apps than there are MS Office users. I'm just saying you can't really write off a device as powerful as the iPhone by saying it's not really for business when "business" is a pretty subjective term.

btw, Are you really editing Word docs and Excel spreadsheets on your phone? Not trying to be sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

I've been able to view Word Docs and Excel Spreadsheets (assuming they don't involve macros specific to the computer version of Excel) on my iPhone (easily, by just tapping the doc within email) just fine for a long time now. I don't need to do it often, but it's a handy feature. Never tried PowerPoint though.

I guess it all just depends on what your business needs are. For some, it might be Exchange and Office support. For others, it might be custom applications to handle tasks specific to that person's business. I, and many others, fall into the second category. The iPhone SDK (especially 3.0) makes it so easy to develop applications that many businesses are taking advantage of it and developing apps for in-house use.

I'm not saying one user's needs are more important than the others, and I'm not saying there are more people developing in-house apps than there are MS Office users. I'm just saying you can't really write off a device as powerful as the iPhone by saying it's not really for business when "business" is a pretty subjective term.

btw, Are you really editing Word docs and Excel spreadsheets on your phone? Not trying to be sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

I have before and I know people that do. I don't usually with my current job as I am hardly ever out of the office.

Hey, I'm a big iPhone supporter, but I'm just saying if you need a real business smartphone, the iPhone is probably not your best bet. That's all.

And like I said, I would not give up my iPhone for any other phone that is out or coming out in the near future from the ones I can see on Gizmodo or any of the other tech site. iPhone 3GS FTW!!

Last edited:
So i just got my first iphone - the 3GS - last Friday and man o man I cannot believe how AWESOME and AMAZING this thing is!!

I keep playing more and more with it and I cant stop, sometimes I forget that I can actually make calls on it, heh.

Its so freakin useful, I have already, within the first few days of using it, had many situations where it came in handy. Best thing though is having the internet in your pocket.

I know I sound like a noob cause this thing has been out for a few years now, but I really never messed with one other than just looking at it until now!!

This thing is FREAKIN SWEET!

We just need a Freaks App now and we'll be good to go!!

So i just got my first iphone - the 3GS - last Friday and man o man I cannot believe how AWESOME and AMAZING this thing is!!

I keep playing more and more with it and I cant stop, sometimes I forget that I can actually make calls on it, heh.

Its so freakin useful, I have already, within the first few days of using it, had many situations where it came in handy. Best thing though is having the internet in your pocket.
I know I sound like a noob cause this thing has been out for a few years now, but I really never messed with one other than just looking at it until now!!

This thing is FREAKIN SWEET!

We just need a Freaks App now and we'll be good to go!!

Not just internet, but full internet that is easily viewable, until like most other phones!! I love that!!

Haha, yeah, I forget I can make calls all the time because of the awesome messaging, Twitter and Facebook apps, I hardly need to make calls to keep in contact with people! lol

My boss is traveling a lot and we just installed skype on our computers to save on international phone calls.

There's an app for Skype, so you can call out from the iphone to someone using Skype on their computer.

I'll also put in a good word for spreadsheets on the iPhone - I've gotten them a few times and moving around in them is so much easier than any other mobile device I've used.

I would like to import some excel inventory files to my iPhone. Anyone recomend a good app that can read excel

Also, how easy is it to move songs onto the phone?

I would like to import some excel inventory files to my iPhone. Anyone recomend a good app that can read excel

Also, how easy is it to move songs onto the phone?

I know there's an app for using word documents and they plan to support Excel in the future (but don't have it ready yet). For songs, it's the same as an iPod, if you have songs on your computer you can just plug in your iPhone and hit sync in iTunes, or you can highlight the songs you want to transfer and just drag them onto the iPhone. You can also connect to an iPhone version of the iTunes store and buy music from there and download directly to your iPhone.

My 3GS reads Excel attachments... I can't edit them of course, but I can open them without a hitch in "Mail"...

My boss is traveling a lot and we just installed skype on our computers to save on international phone calls.

There's an app for Skype, so you can call out from the iphone to someone using Skype on their computer.

I'll also put in a good word for spreadsheets on the iPhone - I've gotten them a few times and moving around in them is so much easier than any other mobile device I've used.
I was just wondering about this today and looked it up, that is AWESOME!! I have friends that live abroad and it will be nice to have this to talk to them more often.

how does iphone compare to the top blackberry? non-biased opinions pls.

IMO? Night and day bro. I ordered 2 Blackberry Curves for me and my wife and immediately exachanged them for the iphone. I know the curve is not their "top of the line" model but I found it more of a step back then anything. The iphone is the complete package dude, no regrets. I love it!!!

I never had a Blackberry, just the Samsung Blackjacks before the iPhone. The wife did and she loves her iPhone way more than she ever did her Blackberry. She said the interfaces are simplier and easier to use and it customizes better.

A big thumbs up to Mike for suggesting these. I just got both of these from the Apple store and love them.

article-1036911-008D18B90000044C-813_468x334.jpg

And a huge thumbs down to the iFrogz Luxe case. My iPhone now has two scratches on the back - one from putting the case on when I bought it and the other from taking the POS case off when I was replacing it with the Agent18.

kirk+KHAN!.jpg

Meh. Every so often I open it up and clean it off with a dustcloth and I smile at seeing how pristine my phone is thanks to Agent18 :rock

A big thumbs up to Mike for suggesting these. I just got both of these from the Apple store and love them.

And a huge thumbs down to the iFrogz Luxe case. My iPhone now has two scratches on the back - one from putting the case on when I bought it and the other from taking the POS case off when I was replacing it with the Agent18.

I returned my first clear case/shell, that thing sucked, scratched the back of the case too. ATT recommended an Ifrogz, which I bought, and had a hard time getting the thing around the damn phone; it wouldn't snap in place. I still need to take it back.

What I ended up with and really liked was one that came recommended by the guy at the Apple store. It's called a "speck" and includes a hard outer shell and a jelly inside to provide some cushioning if you do happen to drop it. Screen is protected by the antiglare screen saver. I really like it now. Phone just pops in the "speck" case and it's very durable, although I haven't dropped it yet, and don't plan on it.

Edit: I guess speck makes a bunch of cases. Mine is the candyshell one, with the rubberized inside and hard outercase. Here's a link, except mine is black/yellow unlike this white/red one.

https://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products-IPH3G-CNDY-WHT-CandyShell-Cranberry/dp/B001MBLOEM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1246328906&sr=8-5

310-VOOc6LL._SS500_.jpg

anybody know how to initiate a Manual Push on the 3GS phones?
I know you can change the settings to "manual", but then how do you trigger that manual push? ...... thanks ... :monkey1

Back