Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow works when it's used to isolate people. The Thing, The Shining, Fargo, The Grey, Assault on Precinct 13...

Also, the snow in True Grit was quite a nice change of pace.

Snow works when it's used to isolate people. The Thing, The Shining, Fargo, The Grey, Assault on Precinct 13...

Also, the snow in True Grit was quite a nice change of pace.

Oh, I'm not questioning the effectiveness of snow on a story. I just don't like it. I prefer jungles, forests, and cities. Deserts are ok...but I don't LOVE them either. I don't mind a little bit of snow in a city, like in Batman Returns or TDKR.

I prefer jungles, forests, and cities. Deserts are ok...but I don't LOVE them either. I don't mind a little bit of snow in a city, like in Batman Returns or TDKR.
In other genre movies that may be true but deserts of course play a big part in westerns. The snow is a nice change of scenery from the usual western landscape. There have been some westerns that use the snow setting very well. It looks like the snow in this movie is going to be used to great effect, since scenery plays a big part in westerns.

In other genre movies that may be true but deserts of course play a big part in westerns. The snow is a nice change of scenery from the usual western landscape. There have been some westerns that use the snow setting very well. It looks like the snow in this movie is going to be used to great effect, since scenery plays a big part in westerns.

The Great Silence.

Very well said.

I'm really hoping we get an actual trailer soon. Is this still slated for October? It's one of my most anticipated films right now.

HUGE NEWS:

The great Ennio Morricone will be doing an original score for #TheHatefulEight! #SDCC

tumblr_llhac3TDFz1qaweqho1_500.gif

https://twitter.com/thehatefuleight/status/619979696495685632

Quentin also announced plans for a third western after this.

That's amazing news. There's a serious dearth of Westerns, so, the more Tarantino contributes, the better, in my mind. Morricone is brilliant, so, I can't wait to hear what he comes up with for this. I love the poster, too. The thought of something that unique going up in theaters everywhere brings a smile to my face, but I am curious about the 2015 date. Did they move it back up? I thought it was October, and then 2001 said January 2016, but, now, it's 2015, again.

I thought it was set for Christmas release?

ah, here's the confusion :

he film will premiere on Dec. 25 in 70mm format and will hit theaters nationwide on Jan. 8 in digital release.

40 years since his last western score. I NEED to watch that on 70mm. It's going to be tight... literally. Those indoor scenes, shot with 70mm, will make it more closer, intimate, vibrant... seeing this on a 70 mm projector is going to be my mission. These theaters better recognize. BTW -- that movie poster is so purchased.

Back