Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I didn't mention the score. The use of Morricone's themes were perfect. I thought I recognized music from the Thing during the coffee scene, but I could be wrong.

I loved it. Another solid Tarantino flick.

I liked how
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh and I didn't mention the score. The use of Morricone's themes were perfect. I thought I recognized music from the Thing during the coffee scene, but I could be wrong.

It was an unused cue from John Carpenter's The Thing... It's on The Original Soundtrack release but not in the film. There may have been another unused cue from the Thing but I am not 100% sure... Many moments in this film were a bit of a wink and a nod to JC's The Thing... Such as Not knowing who to trust... Holding people at bay while trying to figure out who poisoned the coffee reminded me a lot of the infected blood scene in the Thing...
Spoiler Spoiler:

There were some other moments.. Great film. Look forward to owning it and watching it on Blu Ray.

Yeah, definitely felt the inspirations. The Thing was pumping through this film's veins, loved it. Thanks for sharing that article

Back