Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the best part of the movie. It's so ****ing funny. I think it's one of the best endings of all time.

The whole movie felt uncomfortable, like I was being forced to watch Tarantino perform some self love. :lol And the dialog was some of his worst.

Last edited:
Haven't seen that one, I'll have to check it out. My favorite is Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir dogs is my favorite too, followed by Jango and Kill Bill.

Of all his movies I think Jango is probably his most rewatchable for me as I find it's balance between comedy, action, and drama to be perfect.

like I was being forced to watch Tarantino perform some self love.
What Tarantino movie isn't like this? Jackie Brown may come closest. . .

I like the character of Stuntman Mike, and would love to have a nice 1/6 scale figure of him. But the film as a whole doesn't do too much for me. Chase scenes are great though.

What Tarantino movie isn't like this? Jackie Brown may come closest. . .

I like the character of Stuntman Mike, and would love to have a nice 1/6 scale figure of him. But the film as a whole doesn't do too much for me. Chase scenes are great though.

This one in particular was hard to watch. It was like I had to look him in the eye while he was doing it. :lol Didn't like Planet Terror either.
I really only love Pulp and Jackie Brown. Basterds was fun and Reservoir Dogs has its moments of greatness, but I can take or leave his other movies. His scripts directed by other people tend to appeal to me much more.

I actually thought the dialogue was perfect, half the time I forgot these women were actually acting and were really talking about half the crap that was written for them. Their acting definitely sold it.

I agree with Devil about Django and Basterds but I thought Jackie Brown was one of his best.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with the dialogue in Death Proof. I love all of Tarantino's dialogue.

I actually thought the dialogue was perfect, half the time I forgot these women were actually acting and were really talking about half the crap that was written for them. Their acting definitely sold it.

I agree with Devil about Django and Basterds but I thought Jackie Brown was one of his best.

It's funny, I felt the exact opposite about the dialog in DP. Those conversations felt no more realistic to me than if they were doing a TV ad for any given product where there's forced conversation just to say the name of the product.

I feel Jackie Brown is under-appreciated by Tarantino fans.

If you guys like films with great bits of dialogue, check out "heist" by David Mamet. An underrated film for sure, a real good caper movie.

It's funny, I felt the exact opposite about the dialog in DP. Those conversations felt no more realistic to me than if they were doing a TV ad for any given product where there's forced conversation just to say the name of the product.

I feel Jackie Brown is under-appreciated by Tarantino fans.

I feel like Death Proof is under-appreciated by Tarantino fans.

Damn, Kurt looks tough with that walrus stache. Goggins looks like Michael Beihn in that first picture.

Okay... So Snake Plisskien travels back in time to a alternate universe where Schultz and Candie's Foreman are a tag team bounty hunters all the while Candie's House Care Taker poses as a Union soilder. Seems legit.

Honestly... to many reused actors... Ntm most looks the same in the last movie!

Glad to see Tim Roth back in a Tarantino film :rock

Yeah, I like QT's conversational writing, but it's about the farthest thing from natural or realistic as you're likely to run across in movies, IMO. And I think that's by design, given his strong interest in all these '70s exploitation films that have some super stylized, over the top, but sometimes still awesome dialogue.

I really don't like snow environments , but the film might be good if the characters are entertaining. Visually, none of the characters really gets my attention, but hopefully the film is good, and not boring.

Back