Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't know Tarantino was directing this, then I probably would have no interest in this movie based on that trailer.

Agree entirely. That's a really underwhelming trailer but it's QT, so it's a must!

The trailer is a bit underwhelming but I'm still excited for this movie. The whistling at the end did get me thinking of vintage Morricone. I'm hoping the next trailer will have a more serious tone and cut to some new music from Morricone.:yess:

Why the hell would you tell a bunch of people that she's wanted dead or alive? Especially if there's money involve. It makes no sense...unless they found out first.

Because he's Kurt ****ing Russell, esquire, and he thought it prudent to warn anyone who might feel the urge to try something that, if they do, they're dead.

Even if this wasn't Tarantino, I'd be in based on the cast and subject matter alone. The man, himself, being behind the lens is an added bonus.

Even if this wasn't Tarantino, I'd be in based on the cast and subject matter alone. The man, himself, being behind the lens is an added bonus.

I'm happy to see Tim Roth back on the big screen but I can't really say the rest of the cast makes me that excited. Kurt Russell, Samuel Jackson, And Michael Madsen I don't really associate with quality anymore. I am interested to see what kind of roles Bruce Dern and Channing Tatum will be playing though. It is nice to see a relevant western in the movies now since that's a rare thing but the trailer didn't do anything for me. The Revenant on the other hand, looks incredible.

Yeah, Sam Jackson just doesn't give us that consistently high quality performance that he did back in the day.

roRkTJF.jpg

zzwfShy.jpg

AJIdvnk.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Well I personally think his best performances were from Tarantino's earlier films Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

Also, he just did this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439777250.011793.jpg

Makes all three movies you listed look like classics :lol

^ Ha. I'm looking forward to this, especially since, as pturtle said, westerns have been severely lacking representation these days.

I'm not much concerned about the performances of anyone, of course I think Sam Jackson will be the same guy he's always been. I'm just hoping to get his and Kurt Russell's characters in figure form. Visually, performances aside, they look great.

Cool posters. However, this is one of the few Tarantino films where I don't find the style or design of the characters interesting and memorable. SLJ might be the only one with a memorable look....maybe.

Getting more and more excited for this, glad it's not too far off. Been too long since a good Western came out. Going to watch Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid tonight to get my fix.

Back