Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the suit reminds me of Hot Toys, the pants should be more baggy and I don't like the coat so I prefer JND and P1 in this respect. I'm still going to get this tho.

I agree that the sculpt is amazing, near perfect, however he does look a bit too calm and the pose doesn't provide much impact, I would have wanted a bit more urgency/drama

Seeing as we're nitpicking lol

I do agree with the last two posts, it reminds me of the Hot Toys 1/4 but with the perfect head (the image with the actor on the right and statue on the left blows me away). The pose could have more of an impact. Right now I think I will just buy this and JND, and either keeping them or just selling the one I like the least in hand. I was hoping to go 1/3 from now on, but I do have the 1/4 Batman from Enterbay that would go nicely with this.

I do agree with the last two posts, it reminds me of the Hot Toys 1/4 but with the perfect head (the image with the actor on the right and statue on the left blows me away). The pose could have more of an impact. Right now I think I will just buy this and JND, and either keeping them or just selling the one I like the least in hand. I was hoping to go 1/3 from now on, but I do have the 1/4 Batman from Enterbay that would go nicely with this.

Wish I had the cash to do that lol

The portrait is technically flawless but I think they could have made the eye gaze a tad little bigger, for that bit extra emphasis 'hello all I've got a bomb' message. He looks a little too calm. Base is a little disappointing, though I acknowledge they can't do much with 1/4 scale. Everything else is fine and it's still overall an excellent piece.

Personally for me I rate JND as the best, if you rewatch the hit me scene, you'll see how much JND nailed in capturing Ledger when he is peed off with chin down and angry eyes. He was pretty gritty looking in that scene and the statue paint is quite accurate in capturing that. But way too pricey at over $2000 USD, likely double the price of QS.

Lol too calm! You just want Heath resurrected and slapped on a base!

The switch out is the right hand holding the card right? So right hand with card while left hand still holding the coat?

JND
133712815_215052636906746_8866687105947387078_o.jpg

QS
attachment.php

From the neck down ....both look just as good, IMO.

I ever so slightly like the QS one more, the pose is doing it for me. But my 1/4 Hot Toys with Jaxon x Viper sculpt is far too similar, so it puts this out for me - it's too much like a more perfected Hot Toys with a much, much better sculpt, which isn't a bad thing. Although if I had the money I'd get this also...

But the JND one will be the grail piece in my opinion, it is full on "HIT ME!", with tailoring that looks miniaturised from the set, and straight on that stance is very imposing and unlike a Joker statue/piece that we've seen before.

Base is a little disappointing, though I acknowledge they can't do much with 1/4 scale..

That's nonsense, If anything, 1/4 scale is where you can get creative with the base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it, the base is the only thing I could nitpick on it. This is a must own for me.

That's nonsense, If anything, 1/4 scale is where you can get creative with the base.

True to a certain extent, but then run the risk of having it oversized which I'm not a fan of. Not feeling it for the QS, whilst it's pretty, just doesn't have enough impact and the base they could have added a little vertical pencil or other details to make it a more interesting.

I'm fine with a minimalist base. Keep the cost and footprint down, lets the figure shine.

Have to say I prefer this one the most... and judging from previous statues, it'll be half the price or less than JND's.

Now when can I pre-order??

Those a good points. Still an excellent statue and one of the best around. Do we know the price? Or is this yet to be revealed by QS?

The big question for me is rooted or sculpted hair? It's easy to say rooted when looking at prototype pics but when you receive it, it will not look like that and you will have to style it on your own, and how long does it last until you have to style it again? Anyone with rooted hair pieces want to chime in?

For the premium price, they should include an additional sculpted hair head when you buy rooted hair version.

Have to say I prefer this one the most... and judging from previous statues, it'll be half the price or less than JND's.

Now when can I pre-order??
Thats what I'd like to know too. Never purchased a Queen Studios piece before, bit this very well may be my first. Would like to go for the rooted hair though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back