Queen Studios The Dark Knight: Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 03.10.38.jpg

Their 1:1 bust looks pretty good from this angle. Adam Gu's P1 sculpt is accurate but just too lifeless, even customised and repainted.

This one, on the other hand, looks indeed comic-like (only slightly better than HT's bankrobber one) but if it comes with rooted hair I'd still prefer it over P1, let alone HT & Sideshow, because I dig the pose.

This QS 1/3 piece paint app is very stylized and not realistic at all. I hope for you guys they don't plan on trying to get a couple of grand for these. I know I won't be selling my custom 1/3 for this

FPUjHp4.jpg

the first HT figure is the best likeness you've seen? Wow.....

meh, their 1:1 bust was just okay at best, so I wouldn't put too high of a expectation on any of their Joker pieces. I don't think they've gotten the likeness right and no way it will come close to Adam's.

y3S9CED.jpg

Um... the hot toys bank robber joker wasn’t their first joker?
Should of mentioned that I was referring to the bank robber joker 2.0
But yeah you prefer your custom, with it’s far too heavy pain application-that’s a nice crust you have on it and weird face-how high does his brow go & what’s goin on with his eyebrows?
I’m sure you paid a ton for it but yeah I prefer my hot toys bank robber joker to yours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 457538

Their 1:1 bust looks pretty good from this angle. Adam Gu's P1 sculpt is accurate but just too lifeless, even customised and repainted.

This one, on the other hand, looks indeed comic-like (only slightly better than HT's bankrobber one) but if it comes with rooted hair I'd still prefer it over P1, let alone HT & Sideshow, because I dig the pose.

The likeness on the QS 1:1 bust isn't as bad as HT, but they did a real poor job on the hair and outfit accuracy imo.

Um... the hot toys bank robber joker wasn’t their first joker?
Should of mentioned that I was referring to the bank robber joker 2.0
But yeah you prefer your custom, with it’s far too heavy pain application-that’s a nice crust you have on it and weird face-how high does his brow go & what’s goin on with his eyebrows?
I’m sure you paid a ton for it but yeah I prefer my hot toys bank robber joker to yours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yea, the paint is a little thick, but it still has better likeness and has more realism than this (so far) or any Joker toy HT has come out with. It was expensive; as anything that is custom tailored by the best in the industry would be, but you think this 1:3 QS statue will be cheap? I'd bet this will be at least $2k.

This is something i could seriously see myself getting.
None of the queen studios other busts have been released yet tho, have they?
Need to see the mass production pieces

I have the queen studio joker bust and it has to be the best one I have ever scene. So, I will be getting this as well. Just amazing!

I have the queen studio joker bust and it has to be the best one I have ever scene. So, I will be getting this as well. Just amazing!

Oh cool, need to do my homework on this but glad to hear from someone who actually had one!
Cheers [emoji106]

This QS 1/3 piece paint app is very stylized and not realistic at all. I hope for you guys they don't plan on trying to get a couple of grand for these. I know I won't be selling my custom 1/3 for this

FPUjHp4.jpg

the first HT figure is the best likeness you've seen? Wow.....

meh, their 1:1 bust was just okay at best, so I wouldn't put too high of a expectation on any of their Joker pieces. I don't think they've gotten the likeness right and no way it will come close to Adam's.

y3S9CED.jpg

I own the queen studio bust, it is one of the best bust ever. It is highly sought after and those that own it will not sell it. Those that have it goes for a **** load of money I know because I saw what my friend sold it for. Those that say the bust was off are on crack because those that missed it know what they passed on. So, I take this with a grain of salt and this first pick is bs that is not what they are putting out. I talk to the owner and I know what they are going to put out and it will be nothing but steller. But bar none the queen studio joker bust is a grail. So, I don't listen to anyone making assumptions. Because those that own it know what they have and by God no one will sell it. The likeness in 100 percent on heath ledger so azurepred I hate to say it but you don't know what you are talking about at all! I own the prime one and the ss and both do not come close the second pic is a custom that was not what prime one put out, I even repainted the p1 and it looks bad ass, but still the qs bust surpasses anything I have scene and I will never sell it as with those that own it.

View attachment 457538

I am here to tell you as an owner of the QS version 1.0 bust, in my opinion their is no better likeness that this bust. Case closed and I own almost every joker thing out.

yea, I don't know what I'm talking about because your always right and your opinion is all Godly. Give me a break. I 100% guarantee that QS bust wouldn't win a "best likeness" poll if you made one. It'd be lucky to crack the top 3 out of the top sculptors that have done the character.

yea, I don't know what I'm talking about because your always right and your opinion is all Godly. Give me a break. I 100% guarantee that QS bust wouldn't win a "best likeness" poll if you made one. It'd be lucky to crack the top 3 out of the top sculptors that have done the character.

And your opinion is, you totally contradicted yourself. Try reading your own posts genius and You 100 percent guarantee it lol seeing as they are already getting recognized and amazing pple! You talk about me. Omg why do I bother with you. Just so you know my friend sold his joker bust for 8 grand. Not that it matters, but I have had offers myself. But I should have know it was you,you love to hate on statues, your em famous for that on this forum. I have read countless of comments of you hating on pieces. Do you ever like anything? Seems that you troll anything that is great that you dont have. I hate to say it but your reputation on here speaks for itself. As you have been know to be a hater on almost every grail piece on this forum. You don't even own this so how can you even talk? Not once did I say I am right, it is called an opinion but you as you always do take things personal and your comments show. Idk one statue that you have ever liked or ever said it was good, this prime one adam sculpt piece was first, however that is custom made for the prime one piece which I have and love. But as owning both QS is the best joker I have scene and the likeness is dead on. So, Idk what you saw but it wasn't the QS bust. Do us all all a favor and try to say something nice for once. Then maybe some will take you serious. Yes I love the prime one statue it is amazing statue but I had to repaint it paint app was off.

Your words "This QS 1/3 piece paint app is very stylized and not realistic at all. I hope for you guys they don't plan on trying to get a couple of grand for these. I know I won't be selling my custom 1/3 for this." You talk about me being right, read your own posts. All you ever do is talk negative about everything other than your collection. Then talk on me like what I say is right and I get pple to change their minds. I have not heard one complaint of anyone that owns a QS bust. Well, the QS 1/3 looks amazing and I expect it to be amazing and after talking with the owner, I heard it will be under two grand. But not ever sure why I am even trying to talk with you, cuz everything is negative.

Let me ask you something is that your joker 1/3rd in that first pic? See I won't come here and say it looks like **** because that isn't me. Rather, Cool statue. Learn how to have a conversation with out tripping out it is called having a conversation not changing pples minds. I find it hard to believe you have even scene the queen bust in person. Because no one has only the ones that own it and been around those that do, it was a secret project they had . Anyways, I am not going to end this with out trying to be civilized and act like adults, if you can that is. However, I am sure I will hear something negative back!

I own the queen studio bust, it is one of the best bust ever. It is highly sought after and those that own it will not sell it. Those that have it goes for a **** load of money I know because I saw what my friend sold it for. Those that say the bust was off are on crack because those that missed it know what they passed on. So, I take this with a grain of salt and this first pick is bs that is not what they are putting out. I talk to the owner and I know what they are going to put out and it will be nothing but steller. But bar none the queen studio joker bust is a grail. So, I don't listen to anyone making assumptions. Because those that own it know what they have and by God no one will sell it. The likeness in 100 percent on heath ledger so azurepred I hate to say it but you don't know what you are talking about at all! I own the prime one and the ss and both do not come close the second pic is a custom that was not what prime one put out, I even repainted the p1 and it looks bad ass, but still the qs bust surpasses anything I have scene and I will never sell it as with those that own it.

And your opinion is, you totally contradicted yourself. Try reading your own posts genius and You 100 percent guarantee it lol seeing as they are already getting recognized and amazing pple! You talk about me. Omg why do I bother with you. Just so you know my friend sold his joker bust for 8 grand. Not that it matters, but I have had offers myself. But I should have know it was you,you love to hate on statues, your em famous for that on this forum. I have read countless of comments of you hating on pieces. Do you ever like anything? Seems that you troll anything that is great that you dont have. I hate to say it but your reputation on here speaks for itself. As you have been know to be a hater on almost every grail piece on this forum. You don't even own this so how can you even talk? Not once did I say I am right, it is called an opinion but you as you always do take things personal and your comments show. Idk one statue that you have ever liked or ever said it was good, this prime one adam sculpt piece was first, however that is custom made for the prime one piece which I have and love. But as owning both QS is the best joker I have scene and the likeness is dead on. So, Idk what you saw but it wasn't the QS bust. Do us all all a favor and try to say something nice for once. Then maybe some will take you serious. Yes I love the prime one statue it is amazing statue but I had to repaint it paint app was off.

Your words "This QS 1/3 piece paint app is very stylized and not realistic at all. I hope for you guys they don't plan on trying to get a couple of grand for these. I know I won't be selling my custom 1/3 for this." You talk about me being right, read your own posts. All you ever do is talk negative about everything other than your collection. Then talk on me like what I say is right and I get pple to change their minds. I have not heard one complaint of anyone that owns a QS bust. Well, the QS 1/3 looks amazing and I expect it to be amazing and after talking with the owner, I heard it will be under two grand. But not ever sure why I am even trying to talk with you, cuz everything is negative.

Let me ask you something is that your joker 1/3rd in that first pic? See I won't come here and say it looks like **** because that isn't me. Rather, Cool statue. Learn how to have a conversation with out tripping out it is called having a conversation not changing pples minds. I find it hard to believe you have even scene the queen bust in person. Because no one has only the ones that own it and been around those that do, it was a secret project they had . Anyways, I am not going to end this with out trying to be civilized and act like adults, if you can that is. However, I am sure I will hear something negative back!

You start off attacking me by saying I'm on crack because I don't like your precious bust, and then try and cry foul? Your a whack job man.

I am here to tell you as an owner of the QS version 1.0 bust, their is no better likeness that this bust. Case closed and I own almost every joker thing out.

Seriously dude, are we talking about Heath Ledger likenesses, or is this concerning a life or death situation? Please relax and count to 10 =(

Just because it's the best for someone that doesn't make it fact that is just your opinion. If someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't make them wrong or right.

Just because it's the best for someone that doesn't make it fact that is just your opinion. If someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't make them wrong or right.

There are objective criteria by which one can judge whether or not the likeness is good. User @darkavatar, for example, has a very good eye and made me aware of some subtle joker sculpting errors, which I myself didn't immediately notice.

Having said that, the overall representation is more important to me than likeness, and in that respect everyone has his own taste/preferences. If that's what you mean, I agree.

This is all subjective. Not everyone is going to see the likeness the same way ...or the same level of accuracy.

This is all subjective. Not everyone is going to see the likeness the same way ...or the same level of accuracy.

Likeness isn't subjective. Nobody would argue that e.g. Hot Toys MM68 Joker has the best likeness; the more detailed the sculpts, the more difficult it is to highlight the errors. Saying that everything is relative and everyone is right in his own way is just a very convenient way of not moving forward and getting things right.

Well if that was the case the prime one world blow this away sadly it doesn’t

Back