Queen Studios The Dark Knight: Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all I meant to say in my opinion when I talked about case closed so I apologize my bad, but damn I can careless who likes what. I meant no I’ll will just a typo my bad. Just wanted to straighten that out. We all have our opinions so just wanted to straighten that out. To all I apologize. But to azulpred I know how u are dude, i have never heard u say something positive but if I offended u with the crack comment then I to apologize. But I know you and you troll sites, it won't surprise me if I don't hear back from you even though I apologized. I’ll leave e it at that. Peace, I never meant for pple to take it as my word is higher. It was more as my opinion after having all the heath ledger joker stuff.

To all I meant to say in my opinion when I talked about case closed so I apologize my bad, but damn I can careless who likes what. I meant no I’ll will just a typo my bad. Just wanted to straighten that out. We all have our opinions so just wanted to straighten that out. To all I apologize. But to azulpred I know how u are dude, if I offended u with the crack comment then I to apologize. I’ll leave e it at that. Peace, I never meant for pple to take it as my word is higher. It was more as my opinion after having all the heath ledger joker stuff.

Apology accepted! It takes some big balls and rationality to apologize in this manner. You have my respect! Now please let's go back talking about this fantastic Joker again :goodpost:

This is directed at oxy.

I didn’t mean to come off like my word was right and saying case closed I meant to put in the comment in my “opinion”. It was a mistake a typo on my part so I’ll say it again for that I apologize. But some are very quick to point out and then become ruthless and attack let me first understand what I wrote because i multi task when I’m on the laptop. But I see the mistake. I love both pieces the prime one and qs bust. Very different ones a statue one is straight up a statue and the bust is silicone glass eyes like looking at that person. But I just want those that judge to have scene both with their own two eyes. Cuz the bust like looking at a picture. It can’t be judged by a pic. I’ll end this by saying to each their own so there is no more drama lol.

Exorcist, cuz I never meant to get the comments I was reading. I was like wtf did I say to these pple that they blew up. Like I said when I make a mistake I apologize and will always. I’m a military man all about integrity and my word. howecer, After reading many months of alzepred comments and he comes to stir the pot and always negative, but I’ll apologize to him to see his true colors if he actually accepts it . He has never liked one statue on here that he doesn’t own. Anyways, again just a misunderstanding on all parts so I had to clear that all up.

This is directed at oxy.

I didn’t mean to come off like my word was right and saying case closed I meant to put in the comment in my “opinion”. It was a mistake a typo on my part so I’ll say it again for that I apologize. But some are very quick to point out and then become ruthless and attack let me first understand what I wrote because i multi task when I’m on the laptop. But I see the mistake. I love both pieces the prime one and qs bust. Very different ones a statue one is straight up a statue and the bust is silicone glass eyes like looking at that person. But I just want those that judge to have scene both with their own two eyes. Cuz the bust like looking at a picture. It can’t be judged by a pic. I’ll end this by saying to each their own so there is no more drama lol.

No worries, dude.

I was just surprised because overall I prefer the QS bust you own over my own statue lol ... but it's all good.

Oxy,

Just miscommunication brotha. I multi task to much and don’t re read what I wrote sometimes. Anyways peace brotha! I will say this, qs is a bad ass company seeing their stuff in person is truly remarkable. So I bet they will kill this statue. That’s why I’m so stoked. Later bud

Likeness isn't subjective. Nobody would argue that e.g. Hot Toys MM68 Joker has the best likeness; the more detailed the sculpts, the more difficult it is to highlight the errors. Saying that everything is relative and everyone is right in his own way is just a very convenient way of not moving forward and getting things right.

The bust overall is subjective. Say on once piece the likeliness is better but on the other not as good but still really good but has an epic base. Which is better? Well whichever you find better is the right answer.

I am not going to beat a dead horse with a stick, but has anyone other than me scene the qs bust in person and be honest? Im just curious. Cuz the only ones who have are the owners and who ever knows them and scene it. Cuz it was a secret project. Don't take this personal I am just wondering. Thanks

The bust overall is subjective. Say on once piece the likeliness is better but on the other not as good but still really good but has an epic base. Which is better? Well whichever you find better is the right answer.

Exactly

Having said that, the overall representation is more important to me than likeness, and in that respect everyone has his own taste/preferences. If that's what you mean, I agree.

I am not going to beat a dead horse with a stick, but has anyone other than me scene the qs bust in person and be honest? Im just curious. Cuz the only ones who have are the owners and who ever knows them and scene it. Cuz it was a secret project. Don't take this personal I am just wondering. Thanks

I've only known about the existence of this company for a few weeks. Same goes for Infinity Studio.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I'm really curious what the end product will look like. i also wonder if it will be in scale with Prime 1's Dark Knight Rises line, as they are all 1/3, and if they will make their own Bale Batman.

I've only known about the existence of this company for a few weeks. Same goes for Infinity Studio.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I'm really curious what the end product will look like. i also wonder if it will be in scale with Prime 1's Dark Knight Rises line, as they are all 1/3, and if they will make their own Bale Batman.

Oh I want to see what that infinity one looks like, are there any pics?

Ya in person is a different story. I had my doubts until I saw in person. This bust is even better, see the only thing pple can do is take my word for it unless they have scene it. But anyways, no worries it is what it is, they are actually sending me the bank robber mask to go with the bust as a gift which I thought was cool. I can tell you this I have dealt with queen twice and they are amazing with the stuff they put out and it arrived in three days from I think china. I was so damn hesitant to get this bust of joker. Like you, I never really heard of the company and you are always taking a chance dawg. But my God they killed it. Anyways they don't half ass anything I can tell you that. I also dealt with xionart and his stuff is amazing, it seems that china hong kong is just killing it. If you ever saw a queen studio bust in person you will see what I am talking about and I own some good statues. But most picky with the heath joker. Anyways bud, I am sure they will start the line of dc. I heard the t 800 bust was sick as well. But these busts are very pricey, anyways hope you have a good night. Peace

Likeness isn't subjective. Nobody would argue that e.g. Hot Toys MM68 Joker has the best likeness; the more detailed the sculpts, the more difficult it is to highlight the errors. Saying that everything is relative and everyone is right in his own way is just a very convenient way of not moving forward and getting things right.

When it comes to statues ...and artists trying to get the likeness right on a portrait ...it is subjective. You know why ...because artists are not perfect. They can get very close to the likeness, but there will always be something that is not exact. Even if you have a 3D scanned portrait of an actor/actress ...the 3D printing of it will not be exact. If not that, then the painting of the portrait will not be exact. You can get close, but it will not be exact.

And then the likeness of that portrait will then be interpreted by different people with different opinions. That alone makes interpretation of likeness subjective.

It even happens in real life, when a few people see a celebrity in ordinary attire in public. Sometimes people will doubt or question if that person is actually the celebrity they think that person is. And that's because they have an opinion of how that celebrity looks like in real life. It's only when they hear the celebrity speak do they realize that person is the real deal.

When it comes to statues ...and artists trying to get the likeness right on a portrait ...it is subjective. You know why ...because artists are not perfect. They can get very close to the likeness, but there will always be something that is not exact. Even if you have a 3D scanned portrait of an actor/actress ...the 3D printing of it will not be exact. If not that, then the painting of the portrait will not be exact. You can get close, but it will not be exact.

And then the likeness of that portrait will then be interpreted by different people with different opinions. That alone makes interpretation of likeness subjective.

It even happens in real life, when a few people see a celebrity in ordinary attire in public. Sometimes people will doubt or question if that person is actually the celebrity they think that person is. And that's because they have an opinion of how that celebrity looks like in real life. It's only when they hear the celebrity speak do they realize that person is the real deal.

Well said my friend!

When it comes to statues ...and artists trying to get the likeness right on a portrait ..it is subjective. You know why ...because artists are not perfect. They can get very close to the likeness, but there will always be something that is not exact. Even if you have a 3D scanned portrait of an actor/actress ...the 3D printing of it will not be exact. If not that, then the painting of the portrait will not be exact. You can get close, but it will not be exact.

And then the likeness of that portrait will then be interpreted by different people with different opinions. That alone makes interpretation of likeness

*) as Leonardo daVinci said, the master stands out from the crowd because he's better at recognising details

*) artists/3D printers are not perfect, but objective reality is, and sometimes one artist comes closer than the other

*) painting is a subject of its own and has nothing to do with sculpting (P1's Joker, for example, has a mediocre paint job but looks objectively more like Heath Ledger than Hot Toy's version although the latter might be better painted)

Great example, they are either right or wrong; if your think you saw Schwarzenegger on the street when it actually was Joe Miller who just happens to look a bit like him, it makes you wrong. Here's another one: If there are two witnesses who need to identify a perpetrator, and of the suspects presented to them suspect A and suspect B look very similar, perhaps both witnesses come to a different conclusion. One says it was suspect A, the other says it was suspect B. Are both right? No, one is right, since there are objective physical realities to which one is guided, and only one of the witnesses is correct.

Given that Ledger is sitting down in this statue it should make minor scale differences with the Prime 1 Bale less noticeable.

Personally I'd only consider a Bale Batman in such scale if it was the Begins suit but I'm more than happy with the Enterbay until that happens.

*) as Leonardo daVinci said, the master stands out from the crowd because he's better at recognising details

Yes ...like I said, artists can get close to the likeness of someone. But you still have to deal with people interpreting the likeness as observers. Different people will have different opinions, thus they will have different interpretation. Which then makes it subjective.

*) artists/3D printers are not perfect, but objective reality is, and sometimes one artist comes closer than the other

Here you have different people trying to interpret a portrait's likeness. An artist can come closer than the others, but you will still have different people with different opinions interpreting the portrait's likeness. Thus this is is subjective.

*) painting is a subject of its own and has nothing to do with sculpting (P1's Joker, for example, has a mediocre paint job but looks objectively more like Heath Ledger than Hot Toy's version although the latter might be better painted)

Painting is a subject of its own, yes. But here, it matters because it can change a portrait's likeness. And interpreting the likeness of a portrait when painted is also subjective. That is your opinion that the P1 Joker looks more like Heath Ledger than the Hot Toy's version. There are others that will interpret it differently and disagree with you.

Great example, they are either right or wrong; if your think you saw Schwarzenegger on the street when it actually was Joe Miller who just happens to look a bit like him, it makes you wrong. Here's another one: If there are two witnesses who need to identify a perpetrator, and of the suspects presented to them suspect A and suspect B look very similar, perhaps both witnesses come to a different conclusion. One says it was suspect A, the other says it was suspect B. Are both right? No, one is right, since there are objective physical realities to which one is guided, and only one of the witnesses is correct.

Yes, one witness will be right and the other witness will be wrong. That's because both have different opinions about how the perpetrator looked like. That alone says interpreting likeness is subjective. Even if there are objective physical realities to use as guide, it still leaves to interpretation by the observers. And that's what's happening here ...we have different people trying to interpret likeness of a sculpted and painted portrait. It's subjective.

In the case of the two witnesses. If they're identification of the perpetrator is inconclusive, then investigators will need to use physical evidence from the crime scene to identify the real perpetrator ...like fingerprints, DNA, etc. Because only that can say which of the two witnesses is right.

Yes ...like I said, artists can get close to the likeness of someone. But you still have to deal with people interpreting the likeness as observers. Different people will have different opinions, thus they will have different interpretation. Which then makes it subjective.

Here you have different people trying to interpret a portrait's likeness. An artist can come closer than the others, but you will still have different people with different opinions interpreting the portrait's likeness. Thus this is is subjective.

Painting is a subject of its own, yes. But here, it matters because it can change a portrait's likeness. And interpreting the likeness of a portrait when painted is also subjective. That is your opinion that the P1 Joker looks more like Heath Ledger than the Hot Toy's version. There are others that will interpret it differently and disagree with you.

Yes, one witness will be right and the other witness will be wrong. That's because both have different opinions about how the perpetrator looked like. That alone says interpreting likeness is subjective. Even if there are objective physical realities to use as guide, it still leaves to interpretation by the observers. And that's what's happening here ...we have different people trying to interpret likeness of a sculpted and painted portrait. It's subjective.

In the case of the two witnesses. If they're identification of the perpetrator is inconclusive, then investigators will need to use physical evidence from the crime scene to identify the real perpetrator ...like fingerprints, DNA, etc. Because only that can say which of the two witnesses is right.

And one of the witnesses will be proven right, whereas the other one will be proven wrong, this is not too hard to understand. According to your logic, one could not make any objective statements at all, which is obviously ridiculous. Nor is it about an artificial interpretation, but about the imitation of a physical object, a collection of properties. Physical property is measurable, therefore it's not a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I understand that it makes people comfortable to think the way you do.

And one of the witnesses will be proven right, whereas the other one will be proven wrong, this is not too hard to understand. According to your logic, one could not make any objective statements at all, which is obviously ridiculous. Nor is it about an artificial interpretation, but about the imitation of a physical object, a collection of properties. Physical property is measurable, therefore it's not a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I understand that it makes people comfortable to think the way you do.

One witness will be proven right only after more concrete evidence is collected and it pinpoints the actual perpetrator. They're identification of the perpetrator was inconclusive because their interpretation of how the perpetrator looked like was subjective.

Of course one can say objective statements. But it has to be an objective statement ...such as "water is made of hydrogen and oxygen", etc.

Interpretation and imitation are the keywords. A sculpted portrait of an actual person is an interpretation and an imitation of the real person. And because the artist is not perfect, the artist can have a different interpretation than another artist. Similarly, observers looking at that sculpted portrait (an interpretation and imitation of the real person) can have their own interpretations (opinions) themselves, thus they will not all agree on the likeness.

Physical properties are indeed measurable, but did anyone actually measure the real person's physical properties and compare them to the physical properties of the sculpted portrait? I don't think so.

One witness will be proven right only after more concrete evidence is collected and it pinpoints the actual perpetrator. They're identification of the perpetrator was inconclusive because their interpretation of how the perpetrator looked like was subjective.

Of course one can say objective statements. But it has to be an objective statement ...such as "water is made of hydrogen and oxygen", etc.

Interpretation and imitation are the keywords. A sculpted portrait of an actual person is an interpretation and an imitation of the real person. And because the artist is not perfect, the artist can have a different interpretation than another artist. Similarly, observers looking at that sculpted portrait (an interpretation and imitation of the real person) can have their own interpretations (opinions) themselves, thus they will not all agree on the likeness.

Physical properties are indeed measurable, but did anyone actually measure the real person's physical properties and compare them to the physical properties of the sculpted portrait? I don't think so.

*) he was also right before there was concrete evidence; let's say there are no DNA traces, that wouldn't mean both witnesses were right; this is pretty basic stuff

*) there is a physical object and the goal is to sculpt the object as exactly as possible in the respective format; and of course many artists also make comparisons and measure the proportions for example; there is room for interpretation insofar as you can choose the facial expression; unless you make an artificial interpretation like Play arts Kai or a caricature of the character

*) in the case of material objects, shape is an intrinsic property; as many pointed out, Enterbay Joker's head shape, for example, is wrong; you can see this clearly in comparison photos; just because someone doesn't see it doesn't change the fact that they are right

Back