Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my replacement :) very happy with it. It was great to compare two in hand to really see the difference. My first one has darker shading that makes the skin tone look more grey where as on the new one the black wash they threw over the whole thing is a lot less so you can still make out the subtle pink skin tones going on underneath. The paint work for the fine lines is better on the new one over all, especially the rings on her hand. Eye's are better, back tattoo is aligned with the spine and she's standing up straight!, my old one was developing a pretty decent lean. Just goes to show the difference in production pieces, the person who worked on my replacement statue did a much better job all over. Am so glad I pushed my complaint with Sideshow as I was rejected for a replacement first up. The difference in the two bodies is huge...my new one looks a lot more like the pics on the sideshow website now :) Pics of the new statue...Now I have to smash the old one...eeep! 10923333_10203851199741980_4371135324334970972_n.jpg11046205_10203851200181991_6303997982792997950_n.jpg10386369_10203851199421972_6719022884315414046_n.jpg

Received my replacement :) very happy with it. It was great to compare two in hand to really see the difference. My first one has darker shading that makes the skin tone look more grey where as on the new one the black wash they threw over the whole thing is a lot less so you can still make out the subtle pink skin tones going on underneath. The paint work for the fine lines is better on the new one over all, especially the rings on her hand. Eye's are better, back tattoo is aligned with the spine and she's standing up straight!, my old one was developing a pretty decent lean. Just goes to show the difference in production pieces, the person who worked on my replacement statue did a much better job all over. Am so glad I pushed my complaint with Sideshow as I was rejected for a replacement first up. The difference in the two bodies is huge...my new one looks a lot more like the pics on the sideshow website now :) Pics of the new statue...Now I have to smash the old one...eeep! View attachment 170183View attachment 170184View attachment 170182

Do you have a photo of the old lean vs the new one?

^ no, not from an angle that would show it off well. The first one's leg started off close to the little ghoul's hand like it's meant to be but after a couple of weeks her leg had moved away from the hand and was about to start touching the ghoul's head, a larger gap was forming. even with my new one the ghouls hand is not as close as it should be but she's tighter in the base and I don't think this one will move too much. Have to keep an eye on it.

Received
20150309_124227.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150309_122438.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150309_122335.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150309_124717.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150309_124155.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

my replacement today. Better except for two things. I can't get the front foot to stay in its hole without holding it in and the shading on her chest seems extreme. Any suggestions on how to get both feet to stay in place?

^ If I were you I would be writing a polite but strongly worded E-mail to sideshow about what is acceptable or not. Apart from it not sitting in the base properly there are marks all over Her face, I would think that needs to be replaced if they wont rub off. If this is the unfortunate consequence of affordably mass producing statues like this then Sideshow need to accept the consequences of that, not us the collector. I know in my business I can't get away with half assing 50% of my product. The differences in quality between statues is huge, push them till you're 100% happy I say. You'll be glad you did in the end. And maybe if enough people do they will implement this process before their product reaches the customer like they should be doing.

I got a good looking one, so I'm very happy with her. But, I had a problem with the feet pegs not lining up... when the back foot was in the place it needed to be... the front foot peg needed to move out at least 1/4"... use a hairdryer on high heat to heat her entire legs up to her waist.. and you should be able to move the feet into the pegs and hold them in place until they cool.

Hope that helps.

I got a good looking one, so I'm very happy with her. But, I had a problem with the feet pegs not lining up... when the back foot was in the place it needed to be... the front foot peg needed to move out at least 1/4"... use a hairdryer on high heat to heat her entire legs up to her waist.. and you should be able to move the feet into the pegs and hold them in place until they cool.

Hope that helps.

Did you have to heat up both legs?

Or did you just heat up the one leg that needed to line up with the slot?

Just thought it would be good to clarify things for those that might have the same issues as you. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Did you have to heat up both legs?

Or did you just heat up the one leg that needed to line up with the slot?

Just thought it would be good to clarify things for those that might have the same issues as you. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Yes both legs from the feet to the waist. Just enough so they can be moved into the sockets. And then let them cool and set.

You might need to clean out the peg whole for the left foot and make sure nothing is blocking it from going down all the way. Mine need a tiny bit of cleaning and my right foot was also "up" a little off the base, but once I cleaned out the peg hole a tad and put the left foot in all the way, the right foot eventually settled down over time and now sits flush.

^ If I were you I would be writing a polite but strongly worded E-mail to sideshow about what is acceptable or not. Apart from it not sitting in the base properly there are marks all over Her face, I would think that needs to be replaced if they wont rub off. If this is the unfortunate consequence of affordably mass producing statues like this then Sideshow need to accept the consequences of that, not us the collector. I know in my business I can't get away with half assing 50% of my product. The differences in quality between statues is huge, push them till you're 100% happy I say. You'll be glad you did in the end. And maybe if enough people do they will implement this process before their product reaches the customer like they should be doing.

I agree.
I'm just going to see if they will give me a refund.

Also sometimes you have to scrape the paint that's on the rod underneath the food to help it slide in easier.

Some of these QC issues have me nervous. I paid a while ago from a UK dealer so I won't be able to get a replacement if I end up with a bad one.

Back