Statue Quarantine conan the brutal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_3836_zps4912c197.jpg

100_3835_zps24ebb7c2.jpg

100_3837_zpsdbacb4a4.jpg

One with DeathDealer who now looks tiny lol. I do prefer the skin tone on Conan over DD....

100_3838_zps3847000c.jpg

Not fair since your Snow Giants and Moore conan are repainted by Paul. I am going for the FB on this one. Hopefully the faux bronze finish looks like the pics. Bad faux bronze is REALLY bad.

Hahaha.... what about the ARH barbarian. The skin tone on my statue is washed out. Looks like medusa turned him to stone. It looks nothing like DGK's. The skin color on mine almost matches the helmet color. Paul will get this one too if he agrees.

I hope your FB is acceptable bro. :wave

Hahaha.... what about the ARH barbarian. The skin tone on my statue is washed out. Looks like medusa turned him to stone. It looks nothing like DGK's. The skin color on mine almost matches the helmet color.

Sad to see WB. There where issues with the Red Sonja paintwork, but nothing on this scale from what I am seeing. Fixable? Yes. Forgivable? I hope so as this is not how the artists and QS envisioned him I think it safe to say.

Still, without a doubt this is one bad *** Conan sculpt and I hope there are more to come!

Sad to see WB. There where issues with the Red Sonja paintwork, but nothing on this scale from what I am seeing. Fixable? Yes. Forgivable? I hope so as this is not how the artists and QS envisioned him I think it safe to say.

Still, without a doubt this is one bad *** Conan sculpt and I hope there are more to come!

Totally agree Dave, no comparison with the Red Sonja issue and I do love the sculpt. I am aware that Dead Ghost always takes fantastic pictures and if mine looked like the one in DGK's pix I would be happy.

I'm sure Paul will make it look great, just thinking if I like it enough for a Paul Moore paint up. :idea

Totally agree Dave, no comparison with the Red Sonja issue and I do love the sculpt. I am aware that Dead Ghost always takes fantastic pictures and if mine looked like the one in DGK's pix I would be happy.

I'm sure Paul will make it look great, just thinking if I like it enough for a Paul Moore paint up. :idea

The sculpt looks the pooches cahones and after seeing your other pieces, then a PM paint up would make it a most worthy addition to your killers elite :wink1:

Just watched the QS you tube video for the kit. Great idea to give a detailed breakdown of what to expect and very well thought out assembly and packaging :lecture

I thought that video was certainly tops in that open the box category...well done by QS

I've done some minor touches up, just wanted to add some details to his belt and shield really, nothing major just some gold, silver and copper metallic paints.

Very happy with him now, although i must say i think all these details should have been there in the first place, it literally took me 20 mins with a few quids worth of paints.

What i actually did was - Silver on the "notches" on the belt, loin cloth, helm, top of glove and Belt Buckle. Gold added to Shield notches, lions face on shield, emblem on helm, outer rim of orb on belt, notches on axe and sword sheathe. Copper added to sides of the helm and main orb on belt.

Just enough to make him pop imo. Didn't add any blood as i thought i'd have a clean Conan :)

Compare pic.

compare1_zpsfb4048b5.jpg

More Pics.

100_3841_zps10e14f19.jpg

100_3842_zps5b8d859c.jpg

100_3843_zpsfb77d256.jpg

100_3844_zps5a802a42.jpg

100_3845_zpsd7ea7b35.jpg

100_3846_zps03233f9e.jpg

100_3847_zps3fcae315.jpg

Just had my customs notification for my kit. Another £40.87 (£32.87VAT + £8.00 clearance fee) :(

Still, I expected it and needs must for a killer kit!

I've done some minor touches up, just wanted to add some details to his belt and shield really, nothing major just some gold, silver and copper metallic paints.

Very happy with him now, although i must say i think all these details should have been there in the first place, it literally took me 20 mins with a few quids worth of paints.

What i actually did was - Silver on the "notches" on the belt, loin cloth, helm, top of glove and Belt Buckle. Gold added to Shield notches, lions face on shield, emblem on helm, outer rim of orb on belt, notches on axe and sword sheathe. Copper added to sides of the helm and main orb on belt.

Just enough to make him pop imo. Didn't add any blood as i thought i'd have a clean Conan :)

Compare pic.

compare1_zpsfb4048b5.jpg

More Pics.

100_3841_zps10e14f19.jpg

100_3842_zps5b8d859c.jpg

100_3843_zpsfb77d256.jpg

100_3844_zps5a802a42.jpg

100_3845_zpsd7ea7b35.jpg

100_3846_zps03233f9e.jpg

100_3847_zps3fcae315.jpg

Nice touchups DGK. :clap

He has arrived! The kit is flawless and assembly is fit perfect. No seams, pinholes or realignment issues, just ready to go on the painting front.

Wow......just WOW !

He has arrived! The kit is flawless and assembly is fit perfect. No seams, pinholes or realignment issues, just ready to go on the painting front.

Wow......just WOW !

Nice. Please post pics Dave.

I contacted QS about my statue and they had me send it to them to have it repainted. Fantastic customer service. :clap

If anyone gets the faux bronze of this piece I would love to see in hand pics. I steered clear of this because factories can really make the FB look awful.

Back