Statue Quarantine conan the brutal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this...Love the sculpt...I am gonna repaint him...hopefully next week after I'm done with the ARH Minotaurus

great pics Adolfo

IMG_5002_zpsceeb8be0.jpg

Conan can take em

I love it...as for the sculpt its just perfect and for me it truly reflects my idea of what a Veteran Conan always looked like...immediately my mind jumps to RE Howard. This has a nice low ES of 260 I just saw after looking at the bottom of the base. As for paint apps I think it could be a lot better...It has too much bronzy look for much of the statue and skin is flat, so I will repaint him...I bought it for the sculpt really...that and love of Conan as well as love for W Paquet sculpts...A great one from QS and Paquet... For me this is my favorite representation of Conan..

okay. I was impressed with the sculpt when i saw it. The paint could use some work. Definitely looking forward to your repaints. Congrats on getting him for your collection. looks great next to the Minotaur

I'm working on colors...seeing where its at...plus making scars and veins pop a little

I love the fact that W Paquet sculpted Conan with a past broken nose...nice for a badass character :)

I like the changes, all except that you made his arm veins the same color as his scars. Or maybe what I'm seeing as veins are actually scars.

All scars and veins starting out get the same treatment just so they pop a little.

Sculpt and detail are fantastic. I am disappointed in the paint app for the skin. :pfft: The skin color is a flat ashen almost grey and has no life to it. Looks like Dracula sucked all the blood out of him or Medusa turned him to stone. The color looks much better in my pics then it does with the naked eye. I think Paul F. Moore will be getting a call to apply the paint this sculpt deserves. It's gonna cost but it will become a great Conan then.

Back