Statue Quarantine conan the brutal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree....certain pieces(this is one of em IMHO) that would look phenomenal in bronze. Not every statue looks great in bronze, most don't... However for me Fantasy barbarian or past worlds look good in Bronze. Sci Fi stuff doesn't look good... IMHO of course

Faux Bronze:
Conan Conan the Brutal Faux Bronze Statue by Quarantine Stud | Sideshow Collectibles

Often faux bronze just looks bad .....an example of that is probably the other Quarantine Conan piece which I thought looked silly in faux bronze as the piece was more a dynamic cartoony Conan.

But this piece I think lends itself well to the bronze look. The piece looks like it could have been a Conan statue from the Hyborian Age !

Maybe. The paint apps on the regular aren't great, but I think the piece loses all of its soul without color.

Yeah....bronze is not my cup o tea either.

The paint app on the reg is horrible. :slap I can't even look at it. I put it back in the box until I can get a paint up to do the great Pacquet sculpt justice. :( The factory dropped the ball on this.

Yeah....bronze is not my cup o tea either.

The paint app on the reg is horrible. :slap I can't even look at it. I put it back in the box until I can get a paint up to do the great Pacquet sculpt justice. :( The factory dropped the ball on this.

That's too bad, man. Is it really that poor?

Gonna do upper torso skin real soon...boots and legs have to be last...itsa gettin there

All it needs is a little paint filled in for some muscle definition and it'll be good as new

Yep. :( Look at the difference in the other statues. Doesn't look like skin at all.

Not fair since your Snow Giants and Moore conan are repainted by Paul. I am going for the FB on this one. Hopefully the faux bronze finish looks like the pics. Bad faux bronze is REALLY bad.

I'm pretty much done...gonna give a complete once over to to make sure...showing him in combat with my also newly repainted ARH Minotaurus...hope to see some paint jobs out there in Blue and Green...I had a tough time deciding colour scheme here...Blue and green were at the top with the red I chose...Hope you guys like it... :)

So heres mine 49/260.

I fixed his eyes as one was looking down and one was looking up. I'm gonna have to add some colour to his belt, just some little details needed to make him pop ( which are there on the proto/promo shots )

I don't think it's as bad out of the box by any means i just think it could have been better.

What i do like is everything from the torso up, the sculpt and skin texture on his torso and face is just amazing, the face is just awesome, really can't wait to see what you guys with the kits do with him.

The big Axe is really nicely done too, its a big thick wodge of metal, nicely textured and painted. Also the shield, really nicely done, nice finish....again might touch this up with some gold on the lions face just to give a bit more colour.

Base is done well, nice littering of weapons and armour. I actually wouldn't have minded the base to be a little larger though, as the statue is so large, a larger base would have been better imo. I am in the minority though as i do like fussy and cluttered bases ;)

My biggest problem is his right leg, they added scarring to it but it just lacks all the texture from the torso, it's like it was sculpted last minute by someone else....

The flesh tones again on the upper half of him look fine to me, again it's that left leg that looks the worse. It has almost grey highlights and with no texture to it as i said....it comes off a little plasticy.

Overall it's a great Conan statue but it'll always niggle me that this could have been one of best. Not everyone can paint and not a lot of people want to paint a $300 statue nor should they have to, so i imagine some people will be disappointed.

Anyway some pics.

100_3824_zps8a30fb9c.jpg

100_3825_zps8e1f60b6.jpg

100_3826_zps0560dba6.jpg

100_3827_zps90f7b409.jpg

100_3828_zps9ed14f8f.jpg

100_3830_zps08d3d1ab.jpg

100_3833_zps033a2ad7.jpg

100_3834_zpsb411a782.jpg

Back