Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Yeah while I might not have been crazy about the shinier fabric used on the Season 3 uniforms, at this small scale I don't really think it matters all that much. And these figures look like they could still pass perfectly well for Season 1 and 2 uniforms (especially with that utility belt of theirs).

And as for the additional Spock head, maybe QMS could sell that as a separate accessory the way BCS does with their DW figures? And maybe they could sell other accessories as well, like a green wraparound tunic for Kirk which I'd freakin love to have. :)

I Cant make up my mind on these 2. I have so many orders flying in and do wonder how many more release's of the 2 KIRK N SPOCK we might see in the Future. I'll order just not sure if will be able to keep in my transporter range of my banking funds lol.:lol

We for sure need a Captains chair and or 1/6 dio of the enterprise deck would be perfect. Make it so Quantum Mechanix En flippin gage....Warpspeed please....

I wouldn't consider myself a Star Trek fan (other than seeing some of the movies and a dozen or so TV episodes) but I want these figures.

Just read through all 44-pages of this thread this morning and I can respect all the passion (however extreme) to getting these figures as accurate as possible. But as other collectors as posted, Nanjin can't please everyone and is doing his best. It sounds like Nanjin has already done a ton of research and taken everything into consideration.

As a casual admirer of Star Trek, I appreciate the artistry that went into these figures, particularly with the sculpts. To me that's the most important part of a figure so the off-color fabric material does not bug me, although I respect the opinion of those that feel it's not accurate enough.

Might keep a preorder at BBTS until there's confirmation of where to get the EX version.

Nanjin, quick question for you; are the boots going to be soft so we get some ankle articulation?

So excited to see these getting made officially with you being a part of it. I guess we will see if 1/6 quality Trek figures have an audience.

Nanjin, quick question for you; are the boots going to be soft so we get some ankle articulation?

So excited to see these getting made officially with you being a part of it. I guess we will see if 1/6 quality Trek figures have an audience.

Boots: Using leather-like material cut in the original style of the footwear worn in Star Trek™ The Original Series, these boots zip up on the inner side.

I ended up ordering these. I'm just going to redo Spock's shirt in paler screen-accurate colour.

A Kirk that actually looks like Shatner?? I didn't think that was possible... ordered!! Spock, too.

It's also nice to see 1/6 scale things under $200 bucks. I love Hot Toys, but not their prices. I'm glad these are more reasonable (OK, fewer accessories -- but I don't use most of the HT ones anyway).

It's also nice to see 1/6 scale things under $200 bucks. I love Hot Toys, but not their prices. I'm glad these are more reasonable (OK, fewer accessories -- but I don't use most of the HT ones anyway).

:exactly::goodpost:

So....you can cancel BBTS preorders, right? Cuz I really want the QMX exclusive versions, but they're being so coy about preorders, and of course I can't miss out on these.

Yeah, you can cancel at BBTS without penalties.

@D'oh: agreed on the prices! There quite a few new companies out there who are making great figures at lower prices than HT. Of course, licensing and all that probably weighs heavily on HT, but it's still nice to be able to buy a fantastic figure for under 200 bucks...

(OK, fewer accessories -- but I don't use most of the HT ones anyway).

How many accessories does Leia come with? How about Drax? Solo? It's not uncommon for a barebones HT figure to cost $210 or $220 - and today, most of their releases are barebones. It's great to see Star Ace, Threezero, DAM and of course QMx bucking that trend.

Funny thing is, it's the same factories making both HT and the other products (don't ask how I know, but I know). So it's not the base costs. True, we haven't seen what you would call a "major" license from one of these smaller companies - you can bet Marvel and DC charge more for their stuff than CBS charges for Trek or New Line charges for LOTR - so that's a definite part of it. But I think it's also the Hot Toys hubris - and their bubble hasn't burst yet, so they'll keep upcharging. And honestly, as long as they have the "major" licenses people want - Star Wars, Marvel, DC - they can basically keep doing it, unfortunately. Until one of the smaller companies comes in and snags one of those epic licenses, we won't know for sure how much is the upcharge and how much is the license.

I'm just glad to see companies *NOT* trying to gouge their customers.

This is fantastic. Does anyone know if they will be offering the Captain's Chair at a later point?

So it's not the base costs.

No two product runs will necessarily have the same production costs, even if they're run on the same equipment at the same facility, so that part isn't really relevant (besides I'm pretty sure Hot Toys is paying less per figure than many other companies). IMO, production costs in general are completely irrelevant to the consumer when it comes to retail price. Those are factors a producer has to control to make that business work for them, but as a consumer one shouldn't expect to get something for Y simply because it cost X to make.

In evaluating retail pricing it's better to look at the market as a whole and what's being offered within it to judge "bang for buck" - and then at the end of the day it's about how much something is of personal value to the purchaser, given that these are after all collectibles and not commodity items.

Has it been said when QMX will put the preorder for exclusives up on their website? Still working my way through this thread so sorry if this has already been answered.

Thanks. I was worried I might have missed it somewhere.

Back