Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

I don't think anyone has posted this. Hobby Galaxy has these up for pre-order at $146.99. I really wish I didn't live all the way on the other side of the country. The shipping costs pretty much wipe out my savings all the time. It usually costs about $27 to ship one stupid figure. I've got mine locked in at $159 at BBTS so I'll stick with that. Pile of Loot saves me a bundle there. People on the west coast should check this out.

Nope. They're even dodging the question when asked on Facebook...

Yeah I saw that. But maybe they really are going to skip preorders and jump straight to just selling the figures is July?

At the very least it'd be nice if you could register your email so you could get a notice the day they go live, like they did with Mal.

I've got mine locked in at $159 at BBTS so I'll stick with that. Pile of Loot saves me a bundle there.

That was my thought, unless by some miracle a must-have alternative Spock head is offered as the exclusive instead of the Vulcan lyre. That'd definitely be worth another $20 though.

How many accessories does Leia come with? How about Drax? Solo? It's not uncommon for a barebones HT figure to cost $210 or $220 - and today, most of their releases are barebones. It's great to see Star Ace, Threezero, DAM and of course QMx bucking that trend.

Excellent point, especially when looking at Leia -- simple costume, almost accessory-free...

I'd love to see the other, cheaper companies pick up a lot more licenses. While I'm sure that HT could have made a "better" Heisenberg, Threezero's is, like, 90% there. I'd put Kirk and Spock at 100%, frankly.

Maybe HT should give up the Ripley license and let QM take a crack at it.

While I'm sure that HT could have made a "better" Heisenberg,

I don't think they could have, not by a long shot. Maybe they'd get the shoes in scale, but that would have been it - everything else would have been vastly inferior. Most definitely the sculpt would have looked nothing like the actor/character.

Anyone know if Sideshow will stock the non-exclusives of these? I know they have carried QMx stuff in the past. Got some rp's I'd use on these if they did.

Hope the delay in the exclusive preorder is due to QMx searching for cheaper international shipping options!

Just noticed Popcultcha has Mal Reynolds for preorder, maybe they'll get these guys too.

Well they're finally responding - seems like there won't be a preorder, just a mailing list you can sign up for "eventually" on the product page that gives you a heads up when they go up.

Not a big fan of this - almost sounds like a Mondo poster drop. Better be enough to go around. As a huge trekkie, I NEED those accessories.

Ugh. Well I assume there were enough to go around?

Yeah, Mal's still available on their website to order. I don't think QMX will limit these figures. They'll want to sell as many as they can.

Yeah, Mal's still available on their website to order. I don't think QMX will limit these figures. They'll want to sell as many as they can.

All figures are limited. It's very costly to go back and do another run of a figure.

I think he just meant making an impossibly-hard-to-get low run, like a Midas Iron Man or something like that (not that I know anything about the HT Iron Man repaints).

All figures are limited. It's very costly to go back and do another run of a figure.

Yeah, I didn't word that correctly. Like the Mal figure they made, I think they'll have plenty to go around. People were worried about not getting Mal, but he's still available on their site.

Yup. Judging by this thread it appears there will be more demand for the Trek figures, but as long as we order within the first couple days or so we'll probably be perfectly fine. Nothing to panic about.

Funny thing is, it's the same factories making both HT and the other products (don't ask how I know, but I know). So it's not the base costs. True, we haven't seen what you would call a "major" license from one of these smaller companies - you can bet Marvel and DC charge more for their stuff than CBS charges for Trek or New Line charges for LOTR - so that's a definite part of it. But I think it's also the Hot Toys hubris - and their bubble hasn't burst yet, so they'll keep upcharging. And honestly, as long as they have the "major" licenses people want - Star Wars, Marvel, DC - they can basically keep doing it, unfortunately. Until one of the smaller companies comes in and snags one of those epic licenses, we won't know for sure how much is the upcharge and how much is the license.

I'm just glad to see companies *NOT* trying to gouge their customers.
It's been a great few years with these new 1/6 companies making quality stuff. Quantum Mechanix, Star Ace, Threezero, and although it's not 1/6, Mezco with their wonderful one:12 line. It's nice seeing companies filling in certain niche areas and competing with Hot Toys as far as quality. Too bad Blitzway didn't continue after their OUTSTANDING Carlito Brigante figure. Boy, what a figure.

It's been a great few years with these new 1/6 companies making quality stuff. Quantum Mechanix, Star Ace, Threezero, and although it's not 1/6, Mezco with their wonderful one:12 line. It's nice seeing companies filling in certain niche areas and competing with Hot Toys as far as quality. Too bad Blitzway didn't continue after their OUTSTANDING Carlito Brigante figure. Boy, what a figure.

Yeah wonder what happened to blitzway . I think in collaboration with DAM toys they're doing the Universal Soldiers, bout the only new thing I've heard about them. That Carlitos is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back