Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Lol, July though. August looks to be my killer.

Why are the EX so damned vague, as to what they are, and when preorders go up. How the hell am I supposed to decide on what/where to buy from when no one will say anything? Actually getting more than a little annoyed at all the secrecy.

QMx seem to be handling this the same way most companies handle any product - which is unlike most 1/6 companies handle their figures. Frankly, I don't see the problem either way. You know the product is coming. When it's available, you buy it. Until then, sit tight and don't worry about it.

Why are the EX so damned vague, as to what they are, and when preorders go up. How the hell am I supposed to decide on what/where to buy from when no one will say anything? Actually getting more than a little annoyed at all the secrecy.

We want to bring you the best. We will use every minutes before production to improve the figures. Even the 1mm hook on the belt is not overlooked. Same thing applies to the EX.

I am SO SO SO excited for these!! since I first had the mego Kirk and Spock WAY back in the early 70s... I've wanted better version ms of these fellas... and these are AMAZING!!!!

Who's going to paint their phasers blue?

$(KGrHqVHJE4FGkM-PkVyBRtjC6fbZw~~60_1.JPG

Still no one in the UK offering the standards for pre order. I thought forbidden planet would as they carried Mal, but no sign yet....

Many thanks for the tip off....have you used planet before,? What's their service like?

Many thanks for the tip off....have you used planet before,? What's their service like?

They're very good IMO. I've had Star Ace figures from them and they came very quickly and the owner - Aaron - is a nice guy. He's on these forums too. And has a retailer thread. In fact, I'll go there now and post the reviews from the Mega-Thread so you can see. I'm sure he won't mind. HERE's the link.

:duff

Any idea on the PO at QMx? I don't even see them on the site.

PO'd at BBTS -- couldn't resist, those sculpts are very good, especially Spock -- will hold off buying until I see the prod paint apps.

I'm waiting to PO until I see what QMx has planned for the exclusives.

I was considering waiting for the exclusives, but Hobby-Galaxy.com has the pair up for $147 each. I doubt I'd use the exclusives in my display anyway.

Forbidden planet here in the UK now have these up and are calling them 'deluxe'. They're charging £230 for each, claiming they have multiple portraits. I went for planet action, as recommended. I'm fine with the standards, especially at just under £100 less than FP's price for each!.

Forbidden planet here in the UK now have these up and are calling them 'deluxe'. They're charging £230 for each, claiming they have multiple portraits. I went for planet action, as recommended. I'm fine with the standards, especially at just under £100 less than FP's price for each!.

That's disgusting.

Aaron at Planet Action Figures has said that as long as all goes well with him getting the exclusives from QMx, then anyone who has paid in full for the normal figures now will get an upgrade to the exclusive versions free of charge later.

Last edited:

£234.99 + Shipping is a bargain! You should of got 5 of each for back ups!

I hope they include an envelope stuffed with cash. I look for one in every box of every figure actually, but so far nothing.

Aaron did write that QMX were "finalizing the exclusive editions".

And Darklord Dave posed the question whether a second head would be a more welcome exclusive.

I guess I missed the second head question. I think Kirk's phaser rifle ex is cool, but I can skip Spock's lute ex. 2nd heads would be much better! I would prefer Slutty Kirk and Eyebrow-Raised Spock. They would go well together.

Back