Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

I'm not gonna sit here arguing with you, mate, that's pointless. I read what Toy Ark said. You asked why exclusives are not on PAF site yet - it's because QMx have not finalised/confirmed with RETAILERS. I emailed and asked. Like I said to you - there have been small hints in this thread that Spock's extra item MIGHT change. Who knows?

This thread drives me insane with all the arguing. . .
No man, I'm not arguing with you. In fact, you seem the most level headed poster on this thread who I agree with the most. I was just pointing out that QMx had validated Toyark's report, that's all.

No man, I'm not arguing with you. In fact, you seem the most level headed poster on this thread who I agree with the most. I was just pointing out that QMx had validated Toyark's report, that's all.

Okay, buddy, sorry - just seemed like you were being snide/argumentative. I apologise - I read you wrong. It's this blinkin' thread! :duff

The way I read it - QMx announced to Toy Ark what those extras will be. And, that looks likely to remain, from what I can tell. A tiny hint a few pages back said to me that Spock's may change to a different item - head sculpt. But, that's probably unlikely. Hard to gauge. perhaps the extra head may be a later item we can buy. I asked PAF when they'll list exclusives, and they were very tight-lipped and said they were waiting on QMx.

Has the price gone up by £5?

I can see two prices: £0 for pre-order or £149.99 which appears to include a £10 discount for paying up front.

Guess they're still working out prices. I'm not ordering until I see the exclusive price up. And, I think the £0 is because they don't charge a deposit. I did that with some Star Ace figures. It allows you to cancel. I did. Don't quote me on that, but I think it's why.

Okay, buddy, sorry - just seemed like you were being snide/argumentative. I apologise - I read you wrong. It's this blinkin' thread! :duff
Easily done. Likewise, this thread drives me nuts at times, too. Is there any way to block seeing an individual's posts and stay interested in a thread ;)

Easily done. Likewise, this thread drives me nuts at times, too. Is there any way to block seeing an individual's posts and stay interested in a thread ;)

Who said that? :dunno

JOKE! Yes, just as Kuat said - add them to ignore list.

I think that's the case. The site seems to have changed since I looked at it early this morning when I could see two distinct prices. Then it went screwy for a bit and I couldn't see anything in my cart at all during test orders.

I'm waiting for the exclusive options as well before ordering. :)

I've been on the hunt for figures before, searching out best prices, and by the time I've returned to my No1 choice - blinkin' price has gone up by £20 or something. Then I have top start all over again. It's understandable though, especially with importing and the pound being so weak at the moment.

Must be a nightmare with preorders: Set a price, then 6 months later you lose half your profit because we "Brits" said something offensive to the rest of the world or went to war on someone :lol

Cheers, boys. Is that something you can do on the mobile app?

Hi all, I thought it would be easier to post here quickly just so people know what's going on.

The site is currently running through an upgrade, a better site and more appealing, the site may be wonky for a day or two, urls updating etc.

As a retailer I can not say much on this thread but will update my dealer thread within the hour. The price has actually gone down by the way ��.

Check the dealer thread and I will answer all questions over there. Thanks all.

Thanks, Aaron! :clap Get ready to be bombarded by more questions then! :lol

Cheers guys, Dealer thread updated.

So, how awesome would a second head sculpt be! Cannot wait to get these bad boys on my shelf!

giphy.gif

Haha that's brilliant!

PO'd at BBTS.

Alter Ego is offering free shipping in U.S. but holding out for the QMx exclusives -

Whoa - I never realized this got it's own thread! I've been following the normal "2.0" thread Nanjin's run for YEARS, guess I've been out of the conversation loop.

One minor note on the color that I haven't seen here (though I may have missed) - remember that these are based on the season 3 tunics, which were a different color - noticeably so, especially on the blues - than the season 1 and 2 tunics. Now, why would Nanjin do that, when most people would agree the "iconic" episodes are from the first two seasons? Simple - the season 1 and 2 velour fabric just won't work in this scale, but Nanjin was able to find 1/6 scale fabric that matched season 3. I'm ok with that.

Also, remember that Nanjin is running this show - he'll make sure it looks as good as humanly possible. You can bet good money on that. There's a reason these guys have been in pre-production for, quite literally, YEARS.

I'll also say, having been a friend and collaborator with Nanjin through this process, and having some background knowledge - there are a bunch more 1/6 Trek releases in the works in this line that have an AMAZING amount of detail that I am crazy excited about. Getting these, and the amount of work that went into them, at this price, is simply phenomenal.

Well said, I personally think he has done a great job.

If they were limited runs at £1000 each then I can understand the backlash, but they are not. I am very excited to see these guys!

Whoa - I never realized this got it's own thread! I've been following the normal "2.0" thread Nanjin's run for YEARS, guess I've been out of the conversation loop.

One minor note on the color that I haven't seen here (though I may have missed) - remember that these are based on the season 3 tunics, which were a different color - noticeably so, especially on the blues - than the season 1 and 2 tunics. Now, why would Nanjin do that, when most people would agree the "iconic" episodes are from the first two seasons? Simple - the season 1 and 2 velour fabric just won't work in this scale, but Nanjin was able to find 1/6 scale fabric that matched season 3. I'm ok with that.

Also, remember that Nanjin is running this show - he'll make sure it looks as good as humanly possible. You can bet good money on that. There's a reason these guys have been in pre-production for, quite literally, YEARS.

I'll also say, having been a friend and collaborator with Nanjin through this process, and having some background knowledge - there are a bunch more 1/6 Trek releases in the works in this line that have an AMAZING amount of detail that I am crazy excited about. Getting these, and the amount of work that went into them, at this price, is simply phenomenal.

My hopes are officially up now...........can not wait!

Well said, I personally think he has done a great job.

If they were limited runs at £1000 each then I can understand the backlash, but they are not. I am very excited to see these guys!

Agreed these figures are at Iminime or rainman standards at a snippet of the price iv pre ordered the pair from you and don't even care too much about the exclusives.
Really agree with what you wrote in the dealers part about the change in collection and people trying to make money out of it and collection for financial gain. Sure its nice to know there is money in them but I collect sole for pleasure and the love of art work.
Thanks Aaron

Agreed these figures are at Iminime or rainman standards at a snippet of the price iv pre ordered the pair from you and don't even care too much about the exclusives.
Really agree with what you wrote in the dealers part about the change in collection and people trying to make money out of it and collection for financial gain. Sure its nice to know there is money in them but I collect sole for pleasure and the love of art work.
Thanks Aaron

I completely agree. I collect them and proudly display them out of their box on my shelves. It kind of reminds me I've worked hard for them and I appreciate myself a bit if that makes sense. It also makes me realize how talented some of these artists are at making these fantastic things. If it was not for Nanjin we wouldn't be able to add these great figures to our collection so well done him.

Thanks for the order, it is greatly appreciated.

I completely agree. I collect them and proudly display them out of their box on my shelves. It kind of reminds me I've worked hard for them and I appreciate myself a bit if that makes sense. It also makes me realize how talented some of these artists are at making these fantastic things. If it was not for Nanjin we wouldn't be able to add these great figures to our collection so well done him.

Thanks for the order, it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you and hope to become a valued customer.

Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

....One minor note on the color that I haven't seen here (though I may have missed) - remember that these are based on the season 3 tunics, which were a different color - noticeably so, especially on the blues - than the season 1 and 2 tunics. Now, why would Nanjin do that, when most people would agree the "iconic" episodes are from the first two seasons? Simple - the season 1 and 2 velour fabric just won't work in this scale, but Nanjin was able to find 1/6 scale fabric that matched season 3. I'm ok with that.

Also, remember that Nanjin is running this show - he'll make sure it looks as good as humanly possible....

Exactly my intention. As of now, it is not possible to make Season 1 and 2 uniforms with "realistic" results. I tried this before and they looked like toys). Only season 3 can be done (Same double knit fabric but in miniature form). Beside the Season 1 utility belt everything's else are based on Season 3 - Tunic, Division Color, Chest Patch, Braids, Pants (using magnets instead Velcro attachment, and it is NOT any pants, true season 3 cuttings), and of course, phasers and communicators (they were different from previous seasons).

Thanks thecapn for clarifying. But I don't run the show. I am part of the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back