Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

One month old Prototype
019910dc7b8c6f7e8e97454825e4c065.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Very nice........if I am to be critical, and what Star Trek fan is not, hope those hands are just stand ins for the final paint ones

Last edited:

These are awesome!!

Finally. Both look great. A definite purchase for me.

Up next- Picard, data, river, word, and locutus!

Wait... where's Bones? No TOS shelf is complete without him! :gah:

Someone finally got the Shatner sculpt right. :thud:

If they nail the production pieces then I'm definitely in for Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Sulu, Scotty, and Chekov will likely tempt me, too, if they get that far. Uhura (and Rand and Chapel, in the unlikely event they went that deep) I already have reservations about, mainly due to the outfit and the amount of exposed skin the legs on the figure would have (not much of a fan of visible joints on 1/6 figures, personally).

A Khan would be Amazing. The one true Khan - not that Englishman from the other year

What you trying to say? :lol

View attachment 246133

LOL, sorry, he is an AMAZING actor, truly. Just not for one nanosecond did I think he was Khan. I wish they had had the balls to make him an all new original character, then I would have been into it

And what are those figures from? Both look excellent......

I'd even buy Khan from the series!

latest

Ricardo Montalban was just amazing in the role....even in TOS episode, loved his quiet rage he seemed to bring.

Only wish the scene ended like this:

'Have you ever read Milton, Capt?'

"Who?"

Lol, kidding. As a kid, I was like, 'who the Hell is milton?' Star Trek was my first true teacher.

Sculpts look great! One question on the first page photo. Anyone notice how skinny/thin the lower legs look in the boots?

Wait... where's Bones? No TOS shelf is complete without him! :gah:

Yeah I would only buy the trinity. Not interested in Scotty, Chekov, Sulu or Uhura. I'd be in for some Khan and a Gorn.

If we have enough support for Kirk, Spock,... every major characters are possible....
479eab1c02b5be877305eb820c0e8383.jpg

Sculpts look great! One question on the first page photo. Anyone notice how skinny/thin the lower legs look in the boots?

The boots are screen accurate which means they wrap around the legs and angles at skin tight level. The picture at Toy Fair was taken by a mobile phone (I assume). At that angle, anything further away from the lens will appear smaller. With the skin tight boots, and the angle of the lens, the boots do look small. But rest assure that at correct level, they look really good, at least to me.
eedb35e995b0a364e1dabc63203b500e.jpg

Note that the uniform color is the official "avocado". It will change colors through out the day. In the morning with direct sunlight, they look "avocado", but at night, they look yellow. And if you put the uniform next to yellow fabric, they look green, while putting against green fabric, they will look yellow. (Similar to teal)

This is the true color of TOS "Commanding Gold", and the fabric used is the miniature of the actual fabric used in season 3.

Last edited:

The boots are screen accurate which means they wrap around the legs and angles at skin tight level. The picture at Toy Fair was taken by a mobile phone (I assume). At that angle, anything further away from the lens will appear smaller. With the skin tight boots, and the angle of the lens, the boots do look small. But rest assure that at correct level, they look really good, at least to me.

I, for one, trust your judgement, Nanjin. You're a 1/6 Trek genius! :duff

Note that the uniform color is the official "avocado". It will change colors through out the day. In the morning with direct sunlight, they look "avocado", but at night, they look yellow. And if you put the uniform next to yellow fabric, they look green, while putting against green fabric, they will look yellow. (Similar to teal)

This is the true color of TOS "Commanding Gold", and the fabric used is the miniature of the actual fabric used in season 3.

Designers choose fabric for how the colours ultimate appear on film screen appearance. The colors need to reflect what was captured on film, not the prop. On the modern series it even more complicated because the series went on for so long, the prop departments used numerous dye-lots of each Federation colour.

I think Kirk looks good under the lighting shown, but people remember the shirt as a yellow, not a green. If it looks green under natural light, it sends the wrong image.

Back