Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And again _20170204_204702.jpg

I need your help guys! I use to display my figures with a miniposter of the film behind the figure, in the cabinet. I've to pick out the right one for my Qm Kirk and Spock. Can you give me some advice? Which is the most iconic for tos?

Attachments

• 8159301c4e2caab93b8dbbdac74e0319.jpg
    8159301c4e2caab93b8dbbdac74e0319.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 63463d20ff4a70cac500d4abca49ef3a.jpg
    63463d20ff4a70cac500d4abca49ef3a.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 119
  • e23537d698c29ad3ac52fd536f2dd904.jpg
    e23537d698c29ad3ac52fd536f2dd904.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 112
The last one is sweet.

I thought the TV guide was a retro styled Abramsverse cover - Kirk really looks like Pine.

Check out the first Movie when Spock and Kirk fought on the bridge. That's a part where C.Kirk looked just like S.Kirk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got Kirk yesterday. The figure is fantastic. Better than photos. I picked it up from amazon for 159. Couldn't pass that up. Only two negatives. The magnets to good the accessories to the figure aren't strong enough. And the belt is too small. But reading Michael Crawford's review looks like it might be an issue with all of them?

The belts for kirk and spock might be switched? Dang looks like I'll have to get spock now. Not a bad thing. :)

The magnets to good the accessories to the figure aren't strong enough. And the belt is too small. But reading Michael Crawford's review looks like it might be an issue with all of them?

The belts for kirk and spock might be switched? Dang looks like I'll have to get spock now. Not a bad thing. :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the purchase. They did a awesome job on the sculpt. The belts are switched around, However, they did include the right one along with a thank you card from QMX.

For the magnets issue, i just left the belts in the box as i liked the way the phaser and comm looked from seasons 3 and 4. What i did was used the magnets from the older star wars sideshow boxes that i threw away. I used doubled sided tape and stuck the magnet to a specific area on the hip and placed the phaser or comm to see if that was the outcome i wanted before dressing the figure up.

20170103_163316.jpg

Last edited:
ARG! Can't decide. I am committed to get this line, I just cant decide if I want to spend the extra 80 bucks to get the exclusive versions of Kirk and Spock. OCD side of me says I wont be happy unless I have the whole set be exclusive. The smart side of me says save the 80 bucks. Decisions, decisions.

It depends on what you intend to do with the figures. I photograph my toys outdoors, so Spock's musical instrument is completely unnecessary to me.

Kirk's rifle is very neat, but realistically I would only ever use it in three or four photos, tops.

Saving some money was the easy choice for me.

That said:

I just cant decide if I want to spend the extra 80 bucks to get the exclusive versions of Kirk and Spock.

I believe each exclusive is only $20 more than the standard figure, so you'd be spending an extra $40, not $80.

Still wasn't worth it to me, but I'm no completionist.

I believe each exclusive is only $20 more than the standard figure, so you'd be spending an extra $40, not $80.

Still wasn't worth it to me, but I'm no completionist.

I found a Kirk for 150 and a Spock for 175 both regular version. The EX versions are 199 plus tax. So around 80.

Back