Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered Spock this morning. Very excited about him. If I like him, I'll get Kirk next :)

Kirk is by far the better of the two figures, so you should consider getting him even if you're not floored with Spock. Mr. Spock has a bit of a raisin quality to him which is unfortunate.

McCoy has been PO'd. Soon this couple will be three!

IMG_0097.jpgIMG_0096.jpg

Yeah, ditto. Not having Kirk, especially when considering how incredible the production piece is...will be a big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also agreed. Kirk was one of my top 1/6 likenesses for 2016. Great value too.

My crafty shop got new backgrounds in! The first two, the star field and the sky with clouds, are two different sides to one cardboard. Although I think it confused Kirk and Spock immensely when I switched it for the picture.

- "It appears there is no atmosphere yet we can breathe!"

- "What did you do now?"
- "I didn't do anything, captain."

The third background is a worn out floor so I was thinking of something that can be photographed from above to show it off. No idea where THAT came from.

First shot of 2017...and probably the last...:wink1:

Can't stop to look at them... great presence. I'm impressed by the silhouette...great likeness

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_161735.jpg
    IMG_20170204_161735.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20170204_153945.jpg
    IMG_20170204_153945.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20170204_151807.jpg
    IMG_20170204_151807.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20170204_151322.jpg
    IMG_20170204_151322.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 162
So glad that most of you guys enjoy the figures. Thank you for the support!

通过我的 SM-G9350 上的 Tapatalk发言

Nanjin, you work for QMX? Awesome. Yes, we all appreciate this line. You've created(very quickly) the definitive 1/6th Trek collection.

The reason I got Spock first is because 1. He's my favorite of the Original crew and 2. Since he came out first, I figured he maybe closer to selling out than Kirk may be. Also, my funds are still somewhat limited. I don't want to go crazy on Paypal credit since I do eventually have to pay it back. I could've gotten them both at once but on the oftchance I didn't like them, I didn't want to regret it so I made the other of two figures I ordered a Hot Toy. I have lots of those and already know I usually love them. I'm not too far from my income stream returning. I'm hoping Kirk is still around come March and I'll probably order him then.

You have a lot to answer for Nanjin. Previously I have sneered at 1:6 scale figures as a lunatic hobby for those with too much money but the incredible quality of this line, coupled with attention to detail and the 50th anniversary led me to fall off the wagon big time. Now I'm looking to complete the principal crew, create customs of minor characters, obtain sets for display, and obtain movie uniforms. I'm doomed, but what a way to go.

I just ordered Kirk. Does anyone know if there is a captain's chair available? Or if there are plans for one?

I just ordered Kirk. Does anyone know if there is a captain's chair available? Or if there are plans for one?
Does that answer your question? ;) (not my picture)

So far, only Kirk and Spock are out, with Bones already up for pre-order and we hear Picard will be next. But this was displayed at last year's SDCC:

Any chance Kirk will be rereleased WITH the chair. It might be worth waiting for.

Anybody know what kind of timetable we're looking at for the rest of the year. Seems McCoy will be out soon, then possibly Picard. Are they then going to alternate between original and next gen crews, finish the original crew first(which is kinda odd to put Picard out next then) or...what's the game plan?

I want to know if we're going to get some villains of any kind too. I'd love a Klingon, a Borg, and probably Khan from WOK.

Indeed. :clap

About time TOS ST characters were done justice. Well done. The Kirk and Spock figures got my vote as 1/6 scale figure(s) of the year for 2016 for this reason. The Kirk sculpt especially, in my opinion, is spot on.

Back