Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say that I hope, but I still doubt we will actually see all these made. Every company who has tired to put trek product over the last 15 years or so has really struggled.

Right now I have the qmx Spock and Kirk, the iminime Spock and Kirk and the nanjin WOK figures in my collection. Even with all these shown in not expecting all of them to actually come out.

While I'd love the whole original crew, movie crew and TNG crew, captian sisko, locutus and many more, if I don't get anything beyond what I have and the two qmx figures that just came out I won't be surprised unfortunately.

What I would like to see...

james-doohan-as-cmdr-montgomery-scotty-scott.jpg
Scotty in his engineering suit...

I would like to see Scotty in his engineering suit too, I also would like to see McCoy in this from Wrath of Khan...
mccoy_twok2b.jpg

I would actually rather see McCoy and Scotty come in these alternative costumes/uniforms rather than the standard ones. This would add more variety when displaying them together with Kirk and Spock. I think it would be a much richer display for all the figures not to be so "uniform" :)

What would take these to epic status would be the "winter coats" that Kirk and Saavik wear.
View attachment 279496

I'd love to see this too

Gotta walk before you can run.

Let the line have a chance to succeed or fail. But it's a built in, rabid fanbase. And theyre supplying a product that long overdue. So i have hopes. I dont think theyll go as deep as Scotty variants, but i think we'll see a few extended characters. My .02.

Is Nanjin playing any part in the release? I missed his Kirk. I'd pick this one up but the jacket with the seem down the front looks terrible, hopefully that might be fixed during prototyping.

Yup, he's in charge. And since his TWOK figures were awesome to begin with, I can't wait to see what he does this time around. You can already see some upgrades along the rank sections on the shoulder and arm.

Gotta walk before you can run.

Let the line have a chance to succeed or fail. But it's a built in, rabid fanbase. And theyre supplying a product that long overdue. So i have hopes. I dont think theyll go as deep as Scotty variants, but i think we'll see a few extended characters. My .02.

True, but that's why I'd like to see Scotty and McCoy in their variant uniforms FIRST. If we only get one of each character I'd rather have the ones with that stand out the most from Kirk and Spock in the standard uniforms. Scotty's Engineering uniform and McCoy's Sick Bay uniform capture their defining roles on the ship, it's not like an alternate vest or jacket. Yes, those can come later if they get to them.

Of course I realize that its easiest for them to do McCoy and Scotty in the standard uniforms because they already have the patterns and fabrication down for them, but I am hoping they go out and give us something new.

I'd rather Kirk & Spock in TPM outfits before any McCoy or Scotty variants.

I hated the TPM look back in the day, but over the decades I've warmed to it. Thought it was a nice Easter egg when Pike was wearing a version in Trek '09.

Yeah the TPM uniforms have definitely gotten a bad rap over the years, and the fact they were followed by such boldly colored red and black uniforms probably doesn't help. But on their own I think they work really well, and have a nice sleek look to them.

Kirk in his white and gray Admiral uniform has always been my favorite, and a figure in Spock's blue uniform would look pretty damn cool as well I think.

star-trek-the-motion-picture-uniforms.jpg

I've always found the looks of the uniforms from The Motion Picture boring. I don't mind the film though even though it's not my favorite.

I always thought the motion picture uniforms looked pjs but kirks was ok with its color scheme. Was cool to see pike with the update. Uhura really filled out here uniform in that pic

If I recall, the belts are hidden inside the fabric of the tops.

I quite like TMP, but never much cared for the uniforms at all. I certainly wouldn't buy high end 1/6 figures based on that version, personally.

I have to honest and say that I really enjoyed TMP when I went to see it on its release. I went to see it three, maybe four times.
Costume Wise (pun in there), I found them lacking, but thought Kirk's Admiral outfit was superb.
Now, figures - I would've happy to purchase a Kirk, Spock and McCoy as they all had different outfits that were good in parts of the movie, sorry, Motion Picture.

I was quite annoyed by the random variety of uniforms but when I see the main cast lined up, I think they look great. I think I'd rather that the trousers were not attached to the boots, they had shoulder pads to make them a bit more military, and the Per-scan buckles were a bit sleeker, but otherwise I love these. It would be great to get a uniform set.

Much prefer the uniforms from 2 to 6. However if QMX ever dipped into TMP, I'd only pick up Kirk in his admiral uniform, Spock in blue/grey outfit and McCoy in his medic tunic

I'd love to see the away jacket from WOK, just to add some variety to the display.

I know for most fans TWOK is the icing in the cake in the Trek films & I have Nanjin's 3 custom TWOK figures. However I'd like to see the crew at the end of their voyages together from TUC, kinda think they'd bookend well with the TOS figures.

Back