Media Quantum Break - Xbox One Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just waiting for MS to send me my PC code I got from preordering the Xbox version. Much rather play it on PC first.

Just waiting for MS to send me my PC code I got from preordering the Xbox version. Much rather play it on PC first.

To be honest, I expected a bigger difference between the Xbone version and PC :confused:

A couple of Xbone Vs PC comparison vids:

And PC Min vs. Medium vs. Max + Details Graphics Comparison;

I don't think I'd use Youtube as a source for graphics comparisons. The images are compressed.

Me neither, but you still can appreciate some things such; shadows, lighting effects, SSAQ or even the textures quality.

I read some impresions from Gaf yesterday, and the people who are playing are not very pleased with this port, ( performance and optimization) besides the W10 store stuff . Not a good signal

Btw:

201646123048_1.jpg

LIdAov7.png

Quantum Break Windows 10 FAQ - Remedy Community Forums

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't look like they did much, AA looks the same, sampling looks the same, the only difference I can see is the higher framerate on PC, looks like it might still be rendering at 720p too.

Yeah, it doesn't look like they did much, AA looks the same, sampling looks the same, the only difference I can see is the higher framerate on PC, looks like it might still be rendering at 720p too.

Yup, you're right, they're saying that it's rendering at 720p (upscaling to 1080p), and that it doesn't even have AF.(Anisotropic Filtering) on PC

Just finsihed this game late last night and I loved it. Then again, a quality story is the single most important aspect of gaming for me these days and Quantum Break had a fantastic story. If it werent for the fact that the storytelling aspect of gaming has really improved dramtically over the last couple of generations, its unlikey I would still be anywhere near as big of a gamer as I am today. Don't get me wrong, gameplay is still important and I like beautiful graphics just like the next guy. Its just the games that I enjoy the most are games that have a quality story element and thats why games like Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life, Halo, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, Mass Effect, Dragons Age Orgins, etc., are some of my all time favorite games. In all honesty, if it doesnt have a great story chances are I wont even finish the game. I normally end up getting bored and walk away somewhere around the 6-8 hour point and start a new game. Not only do I finish games that have a great story, but its also common for me to go back and play them again. All of the games I just listed I have played multipe times. I finsihed Dragons Age Origins and the Mass Effect trilogy 3 times.

I gotta give credit where credit is due, Remedy successfully combined TV and videogames into a single immersive experience. All in all, I think they did an outstanding job on this game and I throughly enjoyed playing through it. If your a gamer that loves a quality story element, you should pick up Quantum Break asap. I digitally pre ordered it so I got the WIndows version for free as well. I was gonna give it a go on my PC, but I am hearing a lot of complaints with the PC version. I think its better I just stick with the console versions for now. Maybe in a few months, when they have all the bugs worked out, I'll give it a go on PC.

Just finsihed this game late last night and I loved it. Then again, a quality story is the single most important aspect of gaming for me these days and Quantum Break had a fantastic story. If it werent for the fact that the storytelling aspect of gaming has really improved dramtically over the last couple of generations, its unlikey I would still be anywhere near as big of a gamer as I am today. Don't get me wrong, gameplay is still important and I like beautiful graphics just like the next guy. Its just the games that I enjoy the most are games that have a quality story element and thats why games like Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life, Halo, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, Mass Effect, Dragons Age Orgins, etc., are some of my all time favorite games. In all honesty, if it doesnt have a great story chances are I wont even finish the game. I normally end up getting bored and walk away somewhere around the 6-8 hour point and start a new game. Not only do I finish games that have a great story, but its also common for me to go back and play them again. All of the games I just listed I have played multipe times. I finsihed Dragons Age Origins and the Mass Effect trilogy 3 times.

I gotta give credit where credit is due, Remedy successfully combined TV and videogames into a single immersive experience. All in all, I think they did an outstanding job on this game and I throughly enjoyed playing through it. If your a gamer that loves a quality story element, you should pick up Quantum Break asap. I digitally pre ordered it so I got the WIndows version for free as well. I was gonna give it a go on my PC, but I am hearing a lot of complaints with the PC version. I think its better I just stick with the console versions for now. Maybe in a few months, when they have all the bugs worked out, I'll give it a go on PC.

I really should dig into quantum break this weekend. Im at chapter 2 right now.

I'd you haven't already, you should play Witcher 3. I bet you'd really dig it.

This is the first third person shooter game that I actually am enjoying. I always found the controlling aspect difficult, but I'm getting the hang of it. I could easily understand going back and replaying this one.

Finished the game and felt there were a couple missed opportunities...The whole Hatch storyline was the game's weak link for me. His origin and all that was pretty frakking dumb to me, but whatever. Felt they played it a little safe in the end. Wanted more 'oohs' and 'ahhs'

Just finished the game,loved it!

The combos you can do with yours powers are crazy fun! If you get the hang of it you become a unstoppable machine! I will probably select a higher difficult for a 2nd run because of that.

Also... Prepare for a lot of reading if you don't want to miss anything! :)

Back