Quality Control (Lack Of)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superfan and the QC department togeather and their drinking?

Before this night is over, I fear I may be "sloppily" murdered for starting this. :monkey2

Ya know. I don't really know you, you've been a member here for less than a year, and haven't even gotten to 1k posts yet. If you're going to start trying to take jabs at me please at least be here long enough for me to give a damn who you are here. Only my greatest rivals can refer to me as Superfan. :lol

Edit: I was even trying to have a legit discussion before you started trying to be a "wonderful" individual. :)

LoL your one of those post count guys who really doesn't have a life, ok now that I know what I'm dealing with, the 4 of you are basically derailing the thread with pointless cheesburger and ^^^^ talk bcuz you don't agree with it.

Guys remember until you don't have a life for 4 years and can post over 10,000 times your opinion is retarded and bull ^^^^.

actually my whine comment was a joke. whine vs. wine. get it? anybody? *sounds of crickets chirping* and i'm sorry for messing around. but it seems these quality issues have been around for a while and i'm sure SS knows about them. they either don't think it is a big enough problem or they haven't found the right fix for the system yet. but do we really need a new thread of complaints every time somebody's dream piece doesn't turn out the way they want it to?

which thousand dollar item did you have to send back only to get a worse one? from your previous posts it looks like you got a few dud figures and a so-so PF. so why are you saying you got a flawed $1000 item twice? i guess i'm a little confused on what you're trying to say here. please forgive me. it's still early here.

let the people who actually got these bad items start a thread next time.

I have had either started a couple threads about poor QC or added my issues to the appropriate thread:

I had went through three Exclusive Predator maquettes when they first came out that all had major paint chips on the foot that fits in the base behind the log. The two replacements that were shipped to be had even been "inspected in the warehouse" before being shipped to me yet they all had the same defects even though they had pictures of what to check for. I just settled on the last one without bothering to try get a replacement.

I had issues with poor paint application and rough spots/chips on both of the 1:1 Iron Man busts that they sent me.

I had a huge chip out of a boot on my Red Skull PF. Replacement came with a broken gun that I glued back on myself.

I had a Exclusive Captain America PF that was sent back for replacement that I had to wait for over a year for a replacement and then the round shield didn't fit right on the replacement.

My Iron Spider-Man had a chip in the knee that was painted over along with some other paint issues.

My SIM comiquette had the major paint rubs that were common and had to be replaced.

My IM LSB had to be replaced due to the major paint scuffs (common again) and I had to wait like nine months for another flawed paint rubbed replacement.

I've had two Rogue comiquettes returned due to scratches and paint chips.

I've had an Exclusive Angel PF sent with two vampire heads.

I've had the Tusken Raider PF shipped without the Gaffi Stick (common).

I've had a Venon LSB with white paint in the mouth area that was attempted to rub/scratch off at the factory.

I've had an Ash PF that was missing the little chainsaw pull starter on his chest straps.

I've had a Lord of Darkness PF that had to be replaced due to scratches and a broken piece.

As far as 12" figures; I've had the hobbits, Clone Armor Obi and Indy that were as floppy as marrionettes but I didn't bother sending them back. the Stoomtroopers I bought all had to be stripped down and tightened up as well but were easy enough to fix.

I have also sent back a couple of the Marvel VS statues (cap/Red Skull and Spidey/Hulk) due to issues as well. I know there are also a couple more that I have had issues with but those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.

actually my whine comment was a joke. whine vs. wine. get it? anybody? *sounds of crickets chirping* and i'm sorry for messing around. but it seems these quality issues have been around for a while and i'm sure SS knows about them. they either don't think it is a big enough problem or they haven't found the right fix for the system yet. but do we really need a new thread of complaints every time somebody's dream piece doesn't turn out the way they want it to?

Yea I got it, it just kept going for an entire page, not to mention I was joking as well. I haven't been here for 8 yrs or w/e he needs but I have been here long enough to see all of Josh's views only go one way.

I did a search for QC threads and I couldnt find one. But again I havent been here since immaculate conception.

LoL your one of those post count guys who really doesn't have a life, ok now that I know what I'm dealing with, the 4 of you are basically derailing the thread with pointless cheesburger and ^^^^ talk bcuz you don't agree with it.

Guys remember until you don't have a life for 4 years and can post over 10,000 times your opinion is retarded and bull ^^^^.

No, not the case at all. However, you're calling me that to be a jerk not continue the discussion I was going with. So if you're going to be a jerk I'm going to point out that you haven't been a member here long enough to be a jerk yet especially when I was trying to actually talk about something with you..

Exactly how did I derail this thread? I mean I made one silly post. I actually replied to you pointing out that my experience with the new bodies was different. I was willing to discuss things. Obviously you didn't feel the same going after a jab others use to be awesome my way.

Oh I've been a member here 6 years. :lol

Yea I got it, it just kept going for an entire page, not to mention I was joking as well. I haven't been here for 8 yrs or w/e he needs but I have been here long enough to see all of Josh's views only go one way.

I did a search for QC threads and I couldnt find one. But again I havent been here since immaculate conception.

Again, only 6 years. :lol Obviously you haven't seen all my views as I've had many posts over that time period with things SS did that I didn't care for or items I didn't like.

"^^^^ I don't know."
billy_bob_thornton.0.0.0x0.432x658.jpeg

Forget his radio rant. What the ^^^^ was he thinking with that outfit!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Well, now on all the new bodies I've gotten the joints have been just fine. They all could stand up on their own and have held the poses I selected for them. As far as screen accurate well sometimes they and other companies can only get so close. Some things simply cannot be matched exactly for whatever reasons. I've yet to get something that is so far off that I could tell it wasn't right.

I completely agree with you on the screen accuracy part. Yeah, I do point out inaccuracies in my figure reviews, but by and large most stuff is pretty close or as close as it's going to get. As for the new bodies, the two I've interacted with have been pathetic (for lack of a better term). However, it doesn't seem as though many people are complaining about the Stormtrooper or Snake Eyes to the level that the Hobbits, Kenobi, and Indy were...so that is encouraging. That's why I'm not going to panic and cancel my Utapau Trooper.

Last edited:
No, not the case at all. However, you're calling me that to be a jerk not continue the discussion I was going with. So if you're going to be a jerk I'm going to point out that you haven't been a member here long enough to be a jerk yet especially when I was trying to actually talk about something with you..

Exactly how did I derail this thread? I mean I made one silly post. I actually replied to you pointing out that my experience with the new bodies was different. I was willing to discuss things. Obviously you didn't feel the same going after a jab others use to be awesome my way.

Oh I've been a member here 6 years. :lol

Well said, Josh.

You did not derail this thread. A few others turned it into a joke temporarily, but you did have constructive comments. While I agree with Deckard that better QC is needed, I have to say it's disappointing to see him turn petty toward you when you were offering a discussion. :(

I jokingly called him Superfan, how ^^^^ing horrible of me, clearly I was raised by gay Geroge Carlin clones.

Well I guess I'll go hang out with Michael Richards. :rolleyes:

I just cancel most of my orders now. I don't care enough to start threads about the lack of quality.:lol:lol:lol

I have had either started a couple threads about poor QC or added my issues to the appropriate thread:

I had went through three Exclusive Predator maquettes when they first came out that all had major paint chips on the foot that fits in the base behind the log. The two replacements that were shipped to be had even been "inspected in the warehouse" before being shipped to me yet they all had the same defects even though they had pictures of what to check for. I just settled on the last one without bothering to try get a replacement.

I had issues with poor paint application and rough spots/chips on both of the 1:1 Iron Man busts that they sent me.

I had a huge chip out of a boot on my Red Skull PF. Replacement came with a broken gun that I glued back on myself.

I had a Exclusive Captain America PF that was sent back for replacement that I had to wait for over a year for a replacement and then the round shield didn't fit right on the replacement.

My Iron Spider-Man had a chip in the knee that was painted over along with some other paint issues.

My SIM comiquette had the major paint rubs that were common and had to be replaced.

My IM LSB had to be replaced due to the major paint scuffs (common again) and I had to wait like nine months for another flawed paint rubbed replacement.

I've had two Rogue comiquettes returned due to scratches and paint chips.

I've had an Exclusive Angel PF sent with two vampire heads.

I've had the Tusken Raider PF shipped without the Gaffi Stick (common).

I've had a Venon LSB with white paint in the mouth area that was attempted to rub/scratch off at the factory.

I've had an Ash PF that was missing the little chainsaw pull starter on his chest straps.

I've had a Lord of Darkness PF that had to be replaced due to scratches and a broken piece.

As far as 12" figures; I've had the hobbits, Clone Armor Obi and Indy that were as floppy as marrionettes but I didn't bother sending them back. the Stoomtroopers I bought all had to be stripped down and tightened up as well but were easy enough to fix.

I have also sent back a couple of the Marvel VS statues (cap/Red Skull and Spidey/Hulk) due to issues as well. I know there are also a couple more that I have had issues with but those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.

Now that is an insane list of problems.

Can I ask you a serious question w/o trying to come off as a 8====D jerk.

Why would you still keep buying from any business that sold you that many bad products, I stopped counting at 18 seperate issues.

If I bought 10 TVs from SONY and all 10 had problems, I think # 11 would no longer be from Sony. Hell, I don't think I would've even made it that far to be honest with you.

Believe me, no disrespect, I feel for what you went thru...i'm just curious what it is that makes folks come back to SS if they had that bad of an experience with them, such as how you described yours as being.

Reading yours actually made me cringe with just how many problems you had with them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Forget his radio rant. What the ^^^^ was he thinking with that outfit!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I don't think he was thinking. :lol

I completely agree with you on the screen accuracy part. Yeah, I do point out inaccuracies in my figure reviews, but by and large most stuff is pretty close or as close as it's going to get. As for the new bodies, the two I've interacted with have been pathetic (for lack of a better term). However, it doesn't seem as though many people are complaining about the Stormtrooper or Snake Eyes to the level that the Hobbits, Kenobi, and Indy were...so that is encouraging. That's why I'm not going to panic and cancel my Utapau Trooper.

I try to if I think they're wrong. I guess I've been lucky with the bodies I've gotten. Reading some posts it seems some are so loose they almost fall apart out of the box or won't hold poses. Maybe I'm not trying crazy poses or whats loose to some isn't loose to me. Actually out of the last several 1:6th figures I've gotten it was GTG on the buck that couldn't hold a pose that I wanted with a very loose right arm.

Well said, Josh.

You did not derail this thread. A few others turned it into a joke temporarily, but you did have constructive comments. While I agree with Deckard that better QC is needed, I have to say it's disappointing to see him turn petty toward you when you were offering a discussion. :(

Thanks! I know some think I'm a fanboy jerk off loser, etc. :lol Not the case but I am opinionated. :lol

I agree SS can get better with QC as can any company or at least based on items I've gotten from everyone.

I don't think he was thinking. :lol

I try to if I think they're wrong. I guess I've been lucky with the bodies I've gotten. Reading some posts it seems some are so loose they almost fall apart out of the box or won't hold poses. Maybe I'm not trying crazy poses or whats loose to some isn't loose to me. Actually out of the last several 1:6th figures I've gotten it was GTG on the buck that couldn't hold a pose that I wanted with a very loose right arm.

Thanks! I know some think I'm a fanboy jerk off loser, etc. :lol Not the case but I am opinionated. :lol

I agree SS can get better with QC as can any company or at least based on items I've gotten from everyone.

Well said,

I had a similar experience with my Hot Toys Original Costume Batman. I couldn't get him to stand / pose without the stand having to be used.

Yeah, did I mummble curse words, throw my tv remote, punch myself in the stomach and shoot some deers with my shotgun because I was so frustrated......yup....sure did...I mean who doesn't....

Only thing perfect in life is life itself and even that is not perfect...:huh

:monkey5:naughty:monkey5

Back