Quality Control (Lack Of)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i figure quality control is in charge of making sure the items aren't physically broken or missing accessories. things like bad paint aps and inaccuracies are caused by incompetence. you'll want to talk to human resources for that. they're on a different floor.

Sorry but IMO when you send back a thousand dollar item bcuz your not happy with the paint and the replacement is worse, its a quality control issue. They lose that bust completely if the buyer is overseas, and have to replace it on their dime, you'd think before they bite that one thousand dollar bullet, or more realisticly, the maybe 100 or so people who get an overseas bad bust, now your talking alot of money. Bob from marketing couldnt run down and crack open the bust to make sure its not fubar before you lose a hundred grand over it?

Last edited:
You are comparing $20K cars to sub-$100 figures?

No, I'm comparing the idea of purchasing a small number of random items from a company's larger inventory and forming a generalized decision based on the success or failure of that experience.

The same comparision can apply to the following as well:

4 SW and Marvel PFs: SSC's entire inventory

4 1/6 figures from the TDK and Pirates line: HT's entire inventory

4 hamburgers from McDonalds in three states: all the McD's in America

4 defective cartons of eggs: all the cartons from that producer

and the list goes on...

The point I'm making is that if you get burned enough times from a company, you will either call for action and answers (as Deckard is doing) or you personally boycott that particular company until things noticeably improve.

Is that clearer?

Oh, and by the way Rizzo, next time you're going to quote me and question what I'm talking about, quote the entire passage so the context is there.

Thank you.

What exactly are you saying? :dunno

"^^^^ I don't know."
billy_bob_thornton.0.0.0x0.432x658.jpeg

Sorry but IMO when you send back a thousand dollar item bcuz your not happy with the paint and the replacement is worse, its a quality control issue. They lose that bust completely if the buyer is overseas, and have to replace it on their dime, you'd think before they bite that one thousand dollar bullet, or more realisticly, the maybe 100 or so people who get an overseas bad bust, now your talking alot of money. Bob from marketing couldnt run down and crack open the bust to make sure its not fubar before you lose a hundred grand over it?
which thousand dollar item did you have to send back only to get a worse one? from your previous posts it looks like you got a few dud figures and a so-so PF. so why are you saying you got a flawed $1000 item twice? i guess i'm a little confused on what you're trying to say here. please forgive me. it's still early here.

let the people who actually got these bad items start a thread next time.

which thousand dollar item did you have to send back only to get a worse one? from your previous posts it looks like you got a few dud figures and a so-so PF. so why are you saying you got a flawed $1000 item twice? i guess i'm a little confused on what you're trying to say here. please forgive me. it's still early here.

let the people who actually got these bad items start a thread next time.

I'm referancing someone I know who got a replacement Iron man bust that was still damaged. I never said it was me. I want one but am afraid to buy it after seeing his and reading all the complaints here.

Im so sorry Craw, what is the exact amount of money I have to spend on defective products from a company before I can complain about them? I thought a thousand dollars was pretty good. I guess were not all rolling in millions of dollars like you.

I bought 4 items and all of them have a problem, so maybe you should go look for a fight somewhere else instead of misquoting me.

Many of the Sideshow personnel are in China on a regular basis. They also have consultants that are there full time.

No other collectibles company has ever had the volume of items released into the market in such a steady flow. Because they have so many items, the perceived QC problems may seem greater than other companies, but if you look at percentages, I think you'll see that it's about the same as any other company.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the idea came from that they never send folks over there or have a presence over there. Not to mention some items I've seen people have problems with are not even actual SS items but items they distribute.

Or the fact that about 50 percent of the new body types suffer from joints so loose they cant stand no matter how u pose them.

Ive had to send back 2 of 4 SS pieces so far. Oh, and spend extra just to make one of them actually screen accurate. And my replacement Indy still has a messed up whip holster that doesnt work.

Well, now on all the new bodies I've gotten the joints have been just fine. They all could stand up on their own and have held the poses I selected for them. As far as screen accurate well sometimes they and other companies can only get so close. Some things simply cannot be matched exactly for whatever reasons. I've yet to get something that is so far off that I could tell it wasn't right.

Superfan and the QC department togeather and their drinking?

Before this night is over, I fear I may be "sloppily" murdered for starting this. :monkey2

Back