Qmx SUPERNATURAL Dean Winchester 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Qmx-Supernatural 1/6th Scale Collectible Figures

I went a different route with that sculpt.
55cd6b93903f818464f2b3dc097b8436.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreed that QMX is the best currently. I am pretty excited to see Sigito's finished product though. Also, that Demon repaint is really cool! I think I may have to give it a whirl as I won't be having any use for that old bootleg anymore!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wbshop.con has Dean free shipping plus for geek pride day use WBGEEK15 and get 15% off.

Okay, so Dean arrived today.

I gotta say it's the first time QMx disappoints... At least slightly.

It's not a bad figure, but it's just not as good as their previous offerings. Body is solid outfit is good too, but why the hell did they use silver buttons on the shirt? Looks like they went the cheap way. Nothing to say about the accessories, though I don't particularly like the choice. I know they went for the later seasons, but I'd much rather have had an angel blade and the colt than these blades.

Now the head! I'd say Dean is hiding somewhere in there. People keep saying it's the eyes and yeah, in the earlier seasons, he had bigger eyes but with age, his eyelids seem heavier and his eyes smaller. To me, the real issues are the nose. They sculpted a potato while Dean's nose is narrower. And the bottom of the chin is too big. I put my finger on Dean's chin, and suddenly, the likeness improved a lot. Also, the lack of stubble is throwing it off. On the plus side, Dean looks nowhere as old as the proto led us to believe. As for the hair, I hated what I was seeing on the pictures, but in hand, it looks pretty good actually.

So, all in all, not a bad figure, no regret getting him, I'll get Sam too, but nowhere near what it should have been.

This figure is superb in hand, the likeness is excellent, and I'm sorry to disagree with some, but this figure is another Triumph by qmx and they are in my opinion becoming second only to Hot toys and if they keep improving their sculpts they will be just as good. The tailoring is superb sndclearlt outstrips the inferior Big Chief Studios offerings and a a fraction of the price, I don't know how they do it all for the price.. But thank you...

The paint is a bit soft imo. It's fine though with proper lighting etc.

So far so good...[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

I love having this figure but the longer I have him the more I start to think that maybe the taller coomodel wasnt the right choice.
Jensen Ackles is 6'1 and Hugh Jackman is 6'2.
The 27 centimeter coomodel body has Dean standing much taller than he should.
Anyone have any thoughts on putting dean onto a trutype body to have him not come across as such a giant? I figure I'll pop Dean into a TT and use the taller Coo body for my Sam custom until we get the official QMX licensed version.
Note: The Logan figure is on an actual Hot Toys Wolverine body. So the Dean does scale kind of funky.
ab82421f9ea617b1212986a0c0f0c21d.jpg

I actually find deans height to be pretty accurate, if you convert his height into cm, the work out 1/6 of that height and then measure dean its pretty spot on, and I wouldn't mess with the deans height too much otherwise you will have to do the same with Sam as well as in the promo images Sam is in fact taller, but hey if you do change the body or find my maths wrong please let me know I would like to see how it turns out man,

What do you think of him?
e48ee54df225b442f7f7aa1caabcdf98.jpg
67411afdb147c7f3fc41292b10877c99.jpg
205829c4489e3963fca4e61935c7150a.jpg
2403a487fd81651ccf3559957a77c86e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

nice photos and posing there man, I was very pleasantly surprised leading up to the release I wasn't too hopeful but the figure turned out great, but one issue I have with the figure which isn't really an issue but me being OCD is the arms and the season its based on, I would have preferred more detailed arms since dean is often seen with his sleeves rolled up, and considering its based of a season 10 dean, with the first blade and even put the effort into adding his tattoo they should have added the mark of Cain as well, but like I said that's not really a problem with the figure, and overall its a great figure, I also wasn't a fan of the purgatory blade and didn't understand its inclusion but I was very impressed with the rest of his weapons especially his pistol.

i also think dean should have come with an angel blade as the angel blade is still current in the show as some of those other accessories are kinda not, although im making a few negative points i am still really happy with this figure

Yea maybe qmx can give Sam the extras we want. Or even castiel.

i also think dean should have come with an angel blade as the angel blade is still current in the show as some of those other accessories are kinda not, although im making a few negative points i am still really happy with this figure
Do agree. Would have really like to have gotten an angel blade and can't seem to find any 1/6 versions out on the internet anymore. If someone does find them, please hook a brotha up with the link!

ive noticed Sam is actually shown with the Demon Blade/ Rubys Knife so I really hope he does come with it and cas is sure to come with an angel blade so I get why dean only came with the first blade but i still would of liked to see him with an angel blade, i would of also like to get his machete too that would have been really cool, i doubt it will but I'm hoping much like star trek dean will get multiple figures

i don't know if its true or not but i heard season 14 will be the last season and i would love to have a dean figure from both his first and last season.

Back