QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever new phase lies ahead for you Nanjin, good luck. If this is the end of your involvement with 1/6 Trek, you should be very proud your work. I will always treasure my QMX Trek figures. Thank you for your passion.

Agreed. Your TOS figures will always be known as figures that were done right the first time, no customization needed [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanjin, where ever you wind up, at whatever company, of course we will all support you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a job offered by NetDragon. But I think I will just leave everything behind and go on a trip around the world.

If I am interested in earning more money, I could stay in Vegas.

1/6 Trek is actually at point of Live or Let Die (like what's happening with BC).

I have a plan that not only can avoid what happened to BC, I can produce better Trek with less cost....

if we follow the common 1/6 business models of other companies that failed, we can assume it will have the same result. BC, ACI, and others supposed to have more experiences than us.... they failed.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Oh wow Nanjin... I don’t know what to say...
No matter what happens, you must know you have achieved something wonderful both for yourself and the collecting community, you have shown what passion and commitment can achieve, and I am sure your example will have an impact.

Thank you for setting such a wonderful example.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Well damn. Really wonder now what will happen with future Trek figures. Without Nanjin pushing them to take chances I suspect QMX will probably play it a lot safer and only produce the most popular characters. Assuming it's something they're still even interested in.

But if I can at least get Uhura and TWOK Kirk and Spock before they throw in the towel, I'll be happy.

I have a job offered by NetDragon. But I think I will just leave everything behind and go on a trip around the world.

If I am interested in earning more money, I could stay in Vegas.

1/6 Trek is actually at point of Live or Let Die (like what's happening with BC).

I have a plan that not only can avoid what happened to BC, I can produce better Trek with less cost....

if we follow the common 1/6 business models of other companies that failed, we can assume it will have the same result. BC, ACI, and others supposed to have more experiences than us.... they failed.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Nooooooooooooooo
Ooooooooooooooo [cough]

We came so close 😭

I suppose even without you they should still make Sulu and Uhura but without your drive abandoned passion for the project, I have less faith that many other figures will get made. It just makes my dream of completing the crew that much harder. Still, if it leads you to interesting new projects that's still cool.

You are a legend.

What happened? Did QMX cancelled the Trek line after
Scotty and Sulu?

Oh man, maybe McCoy and Khan did not sell well
and QMX became gun shy?

Sad day if The ST never make it pass TOS

What is crazy is Kirk sold very well
and I think Spock ok

Not too sure about Pickard m, McCoy and Khan

I hope Scotty sell well because if it struggles
with sales, I am worry Sulu will also struggle as
Sulu is not one of the big 3 or even big 4
, the rest might be history

This is all pretty unfortunate. I understand that Nanjin is probably in a position where he cannot give too many specifics about what is going on but I would love to know more.

Chekov is not very far into the development process, so if they are wobbling now, he may be in doubt. That said, if Scotty does well, Sulu does well enough, and Uhura does well enough, then Chekov might still happen. The uniform is already designed, so just the head is needed.

I hope that they have enough faith to carry on with Sulu! Put your money where your mouth is guys. If you wait for Kirk and Spock reissues, they may not even happen!

QMX on the whole seems to be quite the mess internally as it currently stands. I wonder how the rights would potentially shift should Nanjin leave. He's speaking on doing it externally from QMX, so he must have some stake in it.

QMX on the whole seems to be quite the mess internally as it currently stands. I wonder how the rights would potentially shift should Nanjin leave. He's speaking on doing it externally from QMX, so he must have some stake in it.

Yeah if he thinks that producing smaller runs of more minor characters is viable he might be able to secure a deal to do so. That would be pretty awesome but more likely for TOS and TNG where the designs are done.

YvJB6ot.gif

Guys

Unfortunately, other than the Big 3 , I don’t think
the supporting cast for TOS will sell well.

If you look further, even McCoy was probably not
a big seller which is odd

I can see both sides to the dilemma
TOS was a show in the 60’s and that series
was for the truly hardcore fans or for the fans
who grew up in that era.

If you look at even the Bonds made by BC, they
also are struggling when they launched Connery
Goldfinger first followed by Moore era

Bond of today are into only Daniel Craig
Like Bond,I wondered if the line would
have more legs if TNG was released first