QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I think TOS Khan was a surprise to many. I bought him but I think the more iconic version will be more popular.

Well to me the TOS version of Khan is more iconic... I'll be glad if they actually get them out for those want them, but I have no interest in TWOK versions, even if the movies were great.

At this rate, we are getting one TOS a year, and Sulu is next. Really hope that Uhura is immediately afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are getting away from the first season landing party belts also. Ok with me I've never used them

To little to late for me. I'm already selling my Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Well Kirk and McCoy now, Spock sold already. If QmX would of had a better release schedule, I would of stuck around. You guys enjoy the figures.

every time I see one of these go up I feel like a miracle has just occurred.

But we are at a tricky point now. You can feel "complete" with the big three and a bonus Picard and Khan. Now that the secondary TOS crew have started it's going to be extra painful if we don't go all the way.

It will either be the crew completed God willing or ditching your lone Scotty in a few years time.

I don't feel this way, as I think Scotty is a pretty high step above the remaining crew. He was a significant character in many of the episodes of the original series.
But it would be weird to get Sulu (who while iconic in his way was not all that important in the show) without Chekov and Uhura to round out the major characters.

To little to late for me. I'm already selling my Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Well Kirk and McCoy now, Spock sold already. If QmX would of had a better release schedule, I would of stuck around. You guys enjoy the figures.

Hope you're not a 1/6 Star Wars collector.

I'll be glad to add Scotty to the lineup finally, but with that being the Big Four of the original series main characters done, I'm not sure yet if I'll go any further. Scotty with the other three seems like a good display set, but if I get Sulu then it will always seem incomplete without both Uhura and Chekov as well. I guess it will largely depend on how long the wait for Sulu actually is, how he turns out, and what my confidence level is that the others will actually happen.

Still, that's a decision for another day, right now I'll just be happy that Scotty is finally on his way. :)

Glad to see this line moving forward again. QMX would have known that getting collectors to invest in the whole main cast was going to be difficult. They should have included a backdrop with each figure, depicting different sections of the bridge consoles. By joining the sections together, you could create a rudimentary diorama of the bridge set.

That’s would have been great

I can’t remember his name, but there’s a guy who makes 1/6th scale environments for Star Wars figures that are simply incredible, hope that he does at least the back half of the TOS bridge

Of the remaining four bridge crew, Scotty to me is much less interesting than getting Uhura and Sulu on the shelf, in that order. But he looks good, and if it furthers the possibility of getting Uhura, the most challenging of them, then I'll happily pick him up.

Hope you're not a 1/6 Star Wars collector.

Nope. I've always liked Trek more, but QmX burned my interest in getting anymore or keeping the ones I have. I'll just keep the ships and props in my display.

Of the remaining four bridge crew, Scotty to me is much less interesting than getting Uhura and Sulu on the shelf, in that order. But he looks good, and if it furthers the possibility of getting Uhura, the most challenging of them, then I'll happily pick him up.

Same here. As great as Scotty was on the show, he just doesn't feel like a figure I really need to have at this point. And I'd be perfectly content to just have Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Uhura displayed together.

And speaking of Uhura, they really need to include a bridge chair for her to sit in, or even just stand next to, since it was kind of her main accessory on the show. And it's something they probably should have included with Spock too for that matter.

I can’t remember his name, but there’s a guy who makes 1/6th scale environments for Star Wars figures that are simply incredible, hope that he does at least the back half of the TOS bridge

jazzincdioramas.com

Might not be something he’d take on, but he might do so if he has time for a custom commission.

Im hoping they re release Kirk and Spock to boost the sales of the other crew. On board in hopes that they do. Will unload if not. Thought Mezco would have scratched my ST itch at a lower price, but they dropped the ball on that one.

All interesting thoughts above... I'm internally wrangling over Scotty as well. I dont have too much disposable income, and I already have the big three and the chair which make a great stand alone display. I'd love to get him, but I'm not sure I can justify it right now (and he's yet to show up on planet action figures to preorder). I want more TNG, but that's not going to happen if TOS doesn't shift. I'm not sure I can spare the money just to support the line.... I'm really undecided. Especially knowing that since the last two figures sold very slowly, I think Scotty is make or break for the trek line... if he doesn't sell we can pretty much say the line is dead.

Why do people dislike Chekov so much?

We have Kirk and Spock. Bones and Scotty are good to have the main characters. But with bridge crew, if QMx release Sulu and Uhura and stop there my completist side is going to have a tantrum. Just don't see it as a full set without Chekov and don't understand the hate for him.

Why do people dislike Chekov so much?

We have Kirk and Spock. Bones and Scotty are good to have the main characters. But with bridge crew, if QMx release Sulu and Uhura and stop there my completist side is going to have a tantrum. Just don't see it as a full set without Chekov and don't understand the hate for him.

There's no hate for checkov, at least not from me. If I were a completist I'd want him too. If we got some kind of helm I certainly wouldn't want it half empty! I think from now on, every Figure will depend on the success or failure of the one preceding it, if Scotty does well, we'll get Sulu, if he sells, then Uhura.

I honestly believe, in the event we actually get that far, they'll do Pavel, because the numbers will be there from the collectors that they can be sure are 'all in'.

Back