QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhura is well into development. Her head and clothes are done but Nanjin wants to make sure her body is done right so I think that's what is taking time. Chekov seems to be at an earlier stage but as he is not one of Nanjin's projects, we may not get many updates. His production will likely depend on Scotty and Sulu sales, which in turn may be dependent on Kirk and Spock reissue interest. It's tricky.

I will likely have to commission a Chapel sculpt but I'm going to wait to see how things work out.

Doing a Mirror Mirror Kirk with that green tunic and regular short boots as extras would be a good deal. Would get many who have the regular tunic more reason to buy another Kirk

I would get a new Spock for sure, if it's that sculpt.
As for Scotty, the head sculpt suffers a bit from the same syndrome that Bones did, the features look a bit exaggerated, but I'll get him if I can.

It's hard to photograph but I find that the likenesses, which are decent enough, improve a bit if shadows fall on them. Maybe the secret is not to overdo the lights. _20181026_225554.jpg

Ok that’s friggin awesome! Hopefully we’ll get the original uniform in addition to the variant uniforms! Headed to order Scotty NOW!
Thanks QMx! Was great rapping at SDCC and thanks for keeping your word!

Nanjin, will you guys sell the updated heads separately for those with the original releases? I'd be interested as I imagine others would be.

I pre-ordered Scotty and will definitely be getting the other TOS figures. I made my own captain's chair, then QMX came out with theirs. I should start working on the helm station-that will guarantee QMX will make one for Sulu and Chekov. I agree, they should make a bridge chair for Uhura. I did see one on Shapeways, I may get that to see how good it is.

Semi-related topic: I really like the Kirk sculpt, I wouldn't mind a wrap-around tunic version with the same sculpt as the original. The original Spock sculpt was good too, but looked like an older version than Nimoy during the original series run. McCoy looks fine from straight on but the back of his neck is too big, affecting the look from the side. But I have them all and will get more. Thanks, QMX, for producing my holy grail of 1/6th scale figures--TOS Star Trek!

Tom

So does anybody else's Captain's chair drain its batteries really damn fast? I'll put in brand new ones and then try the features a couple weeks later and the batteries are already completely dead. And it's happened twice now. As if the chair is permanently turned on even when you're not activating the lights.

Back