QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin can you tell us when some of the other Next Generation figures and Seven will be up for preorder??
These questions are.above my Cleanance level. You need to direct these questions to HQmx

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Ordered the chair! I was hesitant for a long time simply because I like how my Kirk is currently half buried in tribbles now, but you gotta have the chair, no two ways around it.

I’m a fan of chairs to go with figures especially iconic chairs. I’m actually a fan of chairs and chair design in general to be honest and I feel the captains chair carries such importance and is the perfect way to own a small piece of the enterprise and the Star Trek world in general that goes perfectly with your figures. For me it was a no brainer and I can’t wait for it.

It seems really well priced to me. I mean, consider that with a figure there's not a ton of new tooling involved. Sure, you have paint costs for the head and maybe a new accessory and then the creation of the clothes. But this is a totally new mold that can't be re-used, unless they can somehow make a variant and make Pike's chair down the line or something.

If they make Picard's chair, I'd be SORELY tempted and it'd get me to try to order Picard again after returning my last one.

Very glad i pre-ordered Kirk's chair. I could have made one from plasticard, but this one has all the bells and whistles. I really hope the helm / navigation console is also in the works.

How long does QMX take to mail stuff out...still haven’t got shipping notice on Captains chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered Khan and Command chair directly from QmX on day one and stIill no shipping notice.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not to be rude but the QMX site says Khan begins shipping early December and the chair in the mid part of the month right there on their product pages. Today is Dec 1.

Part of me regrets not getting Kirk and Spock. They don’t seem to be available anymore and are expensive in the aftermarket. Ah well I guess I’ll get the movie versions.

Not to be rude but the QMX site says Khan begins shipping early December and the chair in the mid part of the month right there on their product pages. Today is Dec 1.

I think the description is from when it was a preorder...one would not think a item listed as in stock would take two weeks to ship or it’s not really in stock. Description also says ship date can change without advance notice..that also doesnt make sense for in stock item. Item ordered on Nov 28th should ship in 3 day processing time. That’s Dec 1. I can wait it’s no big deal but if it turns out they can’t ship out til mid December it will be pretty annoying. I will just buy from BBTS next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qmx usually ships a week or two after you order. Just be patient.

I'm really on the fence with the Captain's chair. It looks great, but I made my own and it's serviceable. I could put the chair money towards Khan or future TOS figures. KHHHHHAAAAAANNN! What do I do?

Tom

If you plan on getting the other TOS figures, then i would just get the chair. Your collection would be incomplete otherwise. I can see the price of it going up, not down.

If you only have Kirk, display Kirk on his own, or have (or intend to have) a second Kirk then the chair is a good display option. If you're collecting the crew and intend to display them together, then to me the chair looks a bit silly and out of place without more of the bridge around it.

It's far from a must have piece in my opinion, but it's a nice display option to have.

Back