QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to justify buying such an expensive chair for a line of dolls that are completely sold out. I guess if you have old Playmates dolls you can use it but really, the business strategy to go into a holiday with no more Kirk and Spocks available and expect people to pony up for the chair is pretty dumb. This line is obviously boutique for a small audience which is fitting; they must be a small company because they dont answer their emails. Kudos to anyone who got in on this line in the begining but for those of us who were late to the party, it seems we are out of luck. And if future fans can't get the big three and the company is already announcing a limited run of the first villain, I don't see the market support for any other big display pieces (helm, science station) or secondary characters beyond a Klingon with multiple heads (Kang, Kor, Koloth, etc.). These are sad times for classic Trek.

I wouldn't expect anyone to buy the chair without Kirk, or Spock. Post was meant for those with the figures. These things were available on several sites for a long time. Sorry you missed out, but Star Trek fans have waited a long time for high end figures. Selling out was only a matter of time. Also, I'm sure the green wrap Kirk is coming, since nanjin told somebody to hold off on hunting down a second Kirk. Would make perfect sense for QMX to get individuals like yourself on board that missed out.

For Khan you can sign up to get an email from QMX when they put it up for order.

https://qmxonline.com/products/star-trek-tos-khan-1-6-scale-articulated-figure

I have to disagree with your last sentence too. These are great times for fans of Star Trek, especially for the original series !!!

Last edited:
kirk and Spock have been available for over a year. As for getting in in the beginning, I just purchased both when they announced the Chair going up for order, so I am late to the party and still have the figures. They are also making a Kirk variant with the wrap around tunic, so the chair will still come in handy.

Yeah, as others have said, this is pretty common, I'm not sure what you'd like them to do. And these were both available for a pretty long time. Heck, I picked up a second Kirk for around $120 last Xmas on sale, so it seems as if retailers were trying to get rid of them for a while.

I just went on eBay and there's Kirks up there for around $250. Higher than the original $180, of course, but well within the limits of reason of an aftermarket sale. Keep your eyes open around here, too, one will come up eventually.

I can see the argument that maybe the chair should have been available around the same time as Kirk as a companion piece, but remember that Kirk and Spock were the first releases in the line. Gotta test the waters and make sure the fish are biting before investing in creating more pieces, and I can only imagine that development costs of a chair with all those electronics is pretty high.

Last edited:
I had Kirk and Spock, and I thought they were beautiful, but I parted with them fairly soon 'cause I didn't feel like my photos were up to snuff, and the shoulder articulation was off-putting to me.

I've been feeling a yearning to reacquire them and add Bones (in the imaginary scenario wherein I have money); then I checked in on this thread and learned they're sold out! so much for that, ha ha.

I want a regular Data but the version I’ve dreamt about getting since getting into 1/6th is the one from First Contact where the Borg Queen has him captured and is turning him “human” and his android skeleton is exposed.

I want a regular Data but the version I’ve dreamt about getting since getting into 1/6th is the one from First Contact where the Borg Queen has him captured and is turning him “human” and his android skeleton is exposed.
I assume you meant this one.
cd2df44979362be6da7af48be58fb649.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Nanjin can you tell us when some of the other Next Generation figures and Seven will be up for preorder??

Those look amazing! From Nanjin's facebook? Also means they're probably still trying to do rooted hair for Worf which I'm fine with provided it looks good.

I suppose if they were going for Worf's mid-series hairstyle, rooted hair might work. But I don't really see the point if it's the later ponytail look. And that does appear to be what the sculpt is from.

View attachment 379164

I really hope they do sculpted hair on worf. I hate the way rooted hair looks for the most part and the prototype with the rooted hair looked horrible.

Back