QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely do not mind anymore whether Scotty or Sulu will be distributed or not by QMx. Never having been a Sulu fan anyway (having no pre-order on him), I am not happy with Scotty's head either.

That's why I am going to make my own TOS universe with several TOS custom figures Nanjin will never have in mind, being myself tired of waiting and hoping that Nanjin will take over - if ever.

If he eventually does, it's fine with me, unless he limits his production to some Sulu and ol' Scotty (and Chekov) figures.

Even a Uhura figure would be a delicate thing as it would require a non slim seamless body (with a not loo large bust, Phicen S29B suntan "buxom" body TBLeague would do if the bust which is reported to be "medium" (hahaha) wouldn't be that large and the skin colour be adjusted to that of Uhura) and other special features, e. a. delicate boots and, of course, "real" hair and not just sculpted hairdo - which would be quite out of time as most of the modern female head sculpts sport "real" hair.

Anyway, whatever will be, QMx or not, Nanjin or not, I am building my own TOS universe... and I will let you know of the - hopefully satisfying - results.

Add some more discouragements to those who still want to buy Scotty and Sulu.

The stock that I reserved for my friends and those who came for help are all gone as of yesterday. They were all sold at MSRP and I missed one promise (a sulu might be lost intransit).

99.99999% of all the molds used for TOS are rusted by now after sitting outside for close to 11 months.

Steel molds do rust. By next month, they will be picked up by recycle companies. I will make sure they are destroyed and non reusable if the rust has not done enough damage. This is a normal procedure for productions if no one claims the molds (after paying storage) I am charging them 50USD per day. I can't charge them anything less after the humiliation that I received from them.

I was never humiliated to this extent in my ENTIRE life.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

So you're actively going to block QMx from being able to fulfill the Scotty and Sulu preorders to paid customers by destroying molds? You have supplied your friends but all the people who paid last year, have been patiently waiting, and supported the line by buying the previous figures as well, all mean nothing to you? I am not on QMx's side but wow. A stunt like that won't just hurt QMx but loyal fans/buyers. I get you're angry but that's cold.

I think what Nanjin is saying is that the molds for the bodies he designed were left out to rot by QMX because of their shortsightedness and are now nearly useless, so he (Nanjin) will make sure they (QMX) are not able to re-use them, since QMX have shown no intention of continuing their 1/6 lines...

That was my takeaway too...I think it?s pretty clear that QMx is doing just fine killing off the 1/6 Trek line and failing to fulfill preorders all by themselves.

I think what Nanjin is saying is that the molds for the bodies he designed were left out to rot by QMX because of their shortsightedness and are now nearly useless, so he (Nanjin) will make sure they (QMX) are not able to re-use them, since QMX have shown no intention of continuing their 1/6 lines...

Hmm, not so sure about that. He starts it off with "Add some more discouragements to those who still want to buy Scotty and Sulu." Straight after the post from Aaron saying "There is currently no plans to cancel Scotty or Sulu." Seemed like a knee jerk response from Nanjin.

I read it as all the molds he will destroy because he was talking about supplying his friends with Sulu figures, then said "99.99999% of all the molds used for TOS are rusted by now after sitting outside for close to 11 months." and continued with comments about destroying them. I didn't (and still don't) see that he was talking about body molds only. I have read his comments again, but if that's the case then I apologize.

That was my takeaway too...I think it?s pretty clear that QMx is doing just fine killing off the 1/6 Trek line and failing to fulfill preorders all by themselves.

They have said they still intend to supply Scotty and Sulu. Whether they do or not remains to be seen. As for the others, I agree the line is probably dead. Still no reason to destroy molds if that's what Nanjin is suggesting. Why? To cripple them completely to give him a better chance to take over? I was just pointing out that if that is true, it's a big FU to collectors waiting for their paid figures. I don't know if he's a victim or playing a victim because we only get one side of the story in this thread. QMx are not saying anything about the fallout and they shouldn't as it's not professional.

Again, if I have misread the posts then I do apologize, but I still think it's pretty clear.

So you're actively going to block QMx from being able to fulfill the Scotty and Sulu preorders to paid customers by destroying molds? You have supplied your friends but all the people who paid last year, have been patiently waiting, and supported the line by buying the previous figures as well, all mean nothing to you? I am not on QMx's side but wow. A stunt like that won't just hurt QMx but loyal fans/buyers. I get you're angry but that's cold.
Look at these:
I single handily built their 1/6
I took a salary that only equivalent to my monthly social allowance from my previous employment.
I established major corporation connection for investment (then I was accused of destroying the opportunities.
I took care of a 6 digit invoice for them and received not even a Thank you. It was not fully repaid for 14 months (I didn't charge then any interest)
I was entitled to have my own stock, but when I requested my share, NO ONE answer my email. I had to fly from China to SDCC, waited 2 hours per day to get in, spent 3 days to make an appointment to see the Boss for 18 pcs of Spock and Kirk. The answer took him 1/2 seconds.
I forced the production of sulu so Trek can continue using my own fund.
I sent 3 emails asking what to do with the molds and received no answer.

After all the above, you expect me to continue to pamper those how humiliated me for 6 months? Am I supposed to maintain their **** so I can lock their ass when I can?

BTW, while holding the money I assisted in clearing a 6 digit invoice, they even Tried to educate me about Trust. They said it needs to be earned. I was left with a 6 digit invoice and they went radio silent for 3 weeks. Trust?

Imagine I have no money. What do you think the Chinese government would do to me if I didn't paid up? Those factories helped me in all phase, could I let them down?

In regards to their unfulfilled orders. Am I supposed to take care of their own mistakes and incompetence?

Khan supposed to be a test to iron out internal problems. After one year, day still made mistakes with Scotty. I solved the issues and again happened on Sulu.

1.5 year for one common problem. I couldn't take care of their problems. I would only deal with those who came to me for assistance.

I had stock. Did anyone of you see me actively selling them? No.

My prime concern is to make 1/6 Trek. Anyone who prevent this from happening or to harm its future is my ENEMY.

Last edited:
No. I already did my job and requested instruction on what to do with the molds after my last day.

No reply. Am I supposed to pay the factory for storage and maintain their good condition?

Look at what I wrote in my previous reply.

They left me with a 6 digit USD invoice and went radio silent.

What would any of you do if you have an 6 digit bill to pay and your office never reply?

Nanjin, you have gone WAY beyond the call of duty with the whole QMX 1/6 Star Trek project.

While I do understand the frustration from those that pre-ordered the figures and won't be getting them, it would be crazy to think that you should have taken care of the molds after what QMX has made you go through.

Many of us are awaiting what may come next from your endeavors and hoping that you are successful. I remember your initial personal Star Trek projects (I saved all of the photos that I could!) and hope that they see the light of day, one day.

I have a question about the existing QMX Star Trek figures. Which ones had exclusives? Was it just Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, and, if so, was it just the first run of Kirk and Spock?

Thanks a lot!

No. I already did my job and requested instruction on what to do with the molds after my last day.

No reply. Am I supposed to pay the factory for storage and maintain their good condition?

Look at what I wrote in my previous reply.

They left me with a 6 digit USD invoice and went radio silent.

What would any of you do if you have an 6 digit bill to pay and your office never reply?

Hey man, I'm on your side.

Does anyone expect Nanjin to pay out of his own pocket to store molds in the hope that one day QMx will decide to make more figures??? If they had any intention of doing that the molds would not have been rusted for a year while figures were not being made they would have been busy using them to make figures...Easy to blame him because QMx who are really to blame are not on here to read anyone?s comments...Nanjin is 100 percent right on this one.

Can we have a Kickstarter campaign to get Nanjin the 1/6 Star Trek license and kick a new 1/6 run by him into production? I believe in his production plan/model and actually think we could see the full bridge crews/main casts of TOS, movie reds and TNG. I do not know too much about the fandom of the other series but I am guessing there would be a decent amount from them too.

Nanjin, you have gone WAY beyond the call of duty with the whole QMX 1/6 Star Trek project.

While I do understand the frustration from those that pre-ordered the figures and won't be getting them, it would be crazy to think that you should have taken care of the molds after what QMX has made you go through.

Many of us are awaiting what may come next from your endeavors and hoping that you are successful. I remember your initial personal Star Trek projects (I saved all of the photos that I could!) and hope that they see the light of day, one day.
I am one of those customers that not only preordered Scott & Sulu, but paid for them in full well over a year ago. My frustration is not with Nanjin, but with Qmx. Sulus allocated to the UK, were sent to a vendor in the States instead of the UK collectors that had paid for them. Now I've heard that Sulu is shelf warming in Thinkgeek stores at discounted prices!! God only knows why the preorders for Scotty weren't met? Whats the point in preordering? Qmx has stated that outstanding Scotty figure will be released in late 4th quarter this year, with Sulu earlier 2021. Now if as Nanjin has said, that the molds are not currently in use, how the hell can Qmx produce, pack & deliver Scotty by late 2020? Sounds like ******** to me.
I love the Trek figure I have, but I'm fed up with Qmx attitude to Trek and customers that have paid for figures ages ago. Must be close to ?350 tied up in these two figures, I could spend elsewhere.
So pissed with them, I won't be spending anymore of my money with their company. Apologies I don't normally rant on here or swear but I'm so fed up with this company.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I am one of those customers that not only preordered Scott & Sulu, but paid for them in full well over a year ago. My frustration is not with Nanjin, but with Qmx. Sulus allocated to the UK, were sent to a vendor in the States instead of the UK collectors that had paid for them. Now I've heard that Sulu is shelf warming in Thinkgeek stores at discounted prices!! God only knows why the preorders for Scotty weren't met? Whats the point in preordering? Qmx has stated that outstanding Scotty figure will be released in late 4th quarter this year, with Sulu earlier 2021. Now if as Nanjin has said, that the molds are not currently in use, how the hell can Qmx produce, pack & deliver Scotty by late 2020? Sounds like ******** to me.
I love the Trek figure I have, but I'm fed up with Qmx attitude to Trek and customers that have paid for figures ages ago. Must be close to ?350 tied up in these two figures, I could spend elsewhere.
So pissed with them, I won't be spending anymore of my money with their company. Apologies I don't normally rant on here or swear but I'm so fed up with this company.

I understand and am in agreement with you 100%. QMX are definitely the bad guys. I think Nanjin felt that he was somehow being blamed for the Sulu/Scott fiasco and he stated his case. My post was only to let him know that the vast majority of us were on his side.

First, those molds belong to QMx, not me. I CAN NOT use any of them without their authorities. I was in the gambling business. Integrity is extremely important. Look, I hold and controlled the entire production, I could have made as many figures as I wanted, but I flied 7000 miles, waited 2 days for 18 pieces of KnS.

I could take care of my enemies' family, but surely would not take care of my enemies' belonging.

Lastly, the humiliation was an intended action. If I still take care of their belongings after my last day, I would be licking asses.

I like Trek, but surely not above my dignity.

Seriously, I do not see myself re producing 4-6 years old heads. I have a lot higher expectation from trek figures. Only the best and most up to date head sculpts should be used if beyond 2 years after completion. Skills of artists, mold technicians, production line all must have improved in 2 years of time.

Last edited:

You should see my responses. First, wasted the opportunity to learn from Khan. (1st mistake, I considered as genuine which I believed was good. A department could learn from the mistake)

Then, screwed up wholesalers on Scotty (I can't say why, but a second time on a similar mistake, then someone was incompetent).

Furthermore wasted Sulu's opportunity to recapture the shaken buyers' confidence from Scotty. (3rd time with the same mistake must be INTENTIONAL).

Lastly, let's seriously use our Learnt Logic from Spock. After one year, vendors still assume their stock could be fulfilled.

This is a One to Many relationship (one company responds to many), and ?Many? said the similar things about ?One,? then logic dictates ?One? could be the problem of the issue. So don't blame your local vendors.

Back