QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to what? QMX themselves or where are you getting the info? I mean great to hear if true, but if it?s a retailer telling you that they may just be pushing out a delay email. I think Scotty and Sulu were supposedly coming quarter two if I recall right. All they seem to care about pushing these days are their Q-Figs.
Show me a communicator with 18k gold screen then I will believe this [emoji28] and Sulu would be bigger than Kirk

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

According to what? QMX themselves or where are you getting the info? I mean great to hear if true, but if it?s a retailer telling you that they may just be pushing out a delay email. I think Scotty and Sulu were supposedly coming quarter two if I recall right. All they seem to care about pushing these days are their Q-Figs.

The email has come direct from qmx to an official retailer...I must admit it has come as a surprise to me, as when I emailed them (qmx) a few weeks ago about Scotty and Sulu, qmx replied stating Sulu had been delayed indefinitely and I should ask the retailer (who I had paid for Sulu) for a refund.

The email has come direct from qmx to an official retailer...I must admit it has come as a surprise to me, as when I emailed them (qmx) a few weeks ago about Scotty and Sulu, qmx replied stating Sulu had been delayed indefinitely and I should ask the retailer (who I had paid for Sulu) for a refund.
I hope they aren’t blowing smoke... I’ll keep my pre-orders at BBTS until they’re fulfilled or officially cancelled. Hopefully QMX actually comes through. I’m not sure whether or not I believe them though until I see something in-hand.

I hope they aren’t blowing smoke... I’ll keep my pre-orders at BBTS until they’re fulfilled or officially cancelled. Hopefully QMX actually comes through. I’m not sure whether or not I believe them though until I see something in-hand.

I totally understand where you are coming from and like you; seeing is beliveing. I was lucky to get Scotty. When qmx started to get evasive about Sulu, I cancelled my pre-order with the retailer and bought one from Nanjin. A great guy who put a lot of effort in to getting the figures produced and I hope he goes on the produce more quality figures.

It feels like eBay is getting more scarce on QMX Star Trek sixth scale items. You can pretty easily find Kirk, Spock, and Picard. The chair still pops up too. For a while Khan seemed pretty common but I haven’t seen him pop up in a while. McCoy pops up occasionally (two on there currently) but goes for high prices. Pretty much never see Scotty or Sulu at all.

I’m sure this is, as you said, a retailer’s tale.

It feels like eBay is getting more scarce on QMX Star Trek sixth scale items. You can pretty easily find Kirk, Spock, and Picard. The chair still pops up too. For a while Khan seemed pretty common but I haven’t seen him pop up in a while. McCoy pops up occasionally (two on there currently) but goes for high prices. Pretty much never see Scotty or Sulu at all.

Yeah, I saw a used but like new Scotty a few days ago for $235 including shipping. I was tempted but due to their hard-to-overlook flaws I’ve made the decision not to pursue a McCoy or a Scotty unless there is a re-release of them. I have Kirk, his chair, Spock, and Khan. Time to move on...

I?m sure this is, as you said, a retailer?s tale.

I believe the retailer, so if it's a lie it's QMx's tale.

With a new manufacturer (and missing the original body and some of the moulds?) these will be Scotty 2.0 and Sulu 2.0, and not what customers pre-ordered over a year ago.

Glad I got Scotty in the first wave, and Sulu direct from Nanjin, but will be interesting to see what develops, and whether they have enough interest or belief to do more figures. Though this does feel like QMx meeting obligations to customers before they pull out of 1/6 to concentrate on their less complicated Q-Fig things.

I believe the retailer, so if it's a lie it's QMx's tale.

With a new manufacturer (and missing the original body and some of the moulds?) these will be Scotty 2.0 and Sulu 2.0, and not what customers pre-ordered over a year ago.

Glad I got Scotty in the first wave, and Sulu direct from Nanjin, but will be interesting to see what develops, and whether they have enough interest or belief to do more figures. Though this does feel like QMx meeting obligations to customers before they pull out of 1/6 to concentrate on their less complicated Q-Fig things.

I agree with your initial comment The retailer is an official qmx 'agent', so the email came out of the blue to him from qmx. I know the retailer and they have no reason to lie. The retailer even said he was in a state of shock when the email arrived. Only time will tell whether qmx will honour this new release date for Scotty. I also tend to agree with you that the figures could be different to the original releases produced by Nanjin. Like you, I was lucky to get 1st release Scotty and bought Sulu from Nanjin. Anything people say now is pure conjecture on their part as non of us know what new arrangements qmx have made about the moulds, what type of body will be used and what the head sculpt and paint job will be like. I am not defending qmx as I think their customer relations and the way they dealt with their official stockist/agents outside of the usa was deplorable. They simply hung them out to dry after shafting them first.

From Timewalker newsletter just now:

QMx STAR TREK UPDATES
Good news! We've received updated estimated arrival dates from QMx on the much-anticipated Mr. Scott and Lt. Sulu figures. We expect to see Mr. Scott in the 4th Qtr of 2020, and Mr. Sulu shortly thereafter, either in the late 4th Quarter or early 1st Quarter of 2021. Even better, we have secured some more inventory, so we've re-opened both to pre-orders for a limited time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s interesting. Maybe they will actually happen. I wish BBTS would give updates. They never really send emails until they charge you or your item is shipped.

I passed on Sulu the first time around, probably wouldn't have got him if ordered.
Even though Sulu's head sculpt is the only one I wasn't happy with, I went ahead and just ordered him from Timewalker. Though to me he doesn't look all that much like Sulu, at least it's another body in a cool ass Star Fleet uniform.

Everyone runs for the hills because somebody said this or that. I always knew QMX isn't going to leave sales on the floor and not make more Scott and Sulu. They might not go further but they have the tooling and can run more like K & S. McCoy, well I won't be surprised to see another run.

Back