QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have plans?
Or pics?
Have you built scratchbuilt models before?

Yes, I did scratch building quite a long time ago.

Yes I have plans and pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/propworx/7491671706/

there are a lot of details, pics and sketches of the Galileo chair and I wonder whether with that I could build a replica with a 3D printer?

Any hints or suggestions warmly welcome.

photostream

photostream

Thank you.

So once BBTS sells out of reissue K & S that will be it....I don't see Qmx ever doing these two again at least in their regular outfits. Get them now while you can....

I could have named this body Spock. It was done basing on Mr Nimoy's postures

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Hi Nanjin,
having ordered Kirk & Spock recently from BBTS I am expecting the couple soon. So the slim body of Spock's you are showing in this thread, is it on the figure I have ordered? If not, where can I get a slim one to obtain the slim silhouette of tall Spock?
Othere quiestion: Are you by yourself going to sell any spare parts etc.?
Thank you.

I too would love to see Nanjin continue on with the line and be given free reign to lead it how he sees fit but he would need the license in order to do it. I would imagine QMX would not take kindly to it if he started producing the figures on his own while they are sitting there with the official license.

What about a subscription-based Star Trek TOS strategy, Nanjin?. I myself would subscribe for Dr. McCoy, a Scotty with a better face, Uhura, female Romulan Commander, Captain Koloth, and stuff like chairs, beds, interior...

What about a subscription-based Star Trek TOS strategy, Nanjin?. I myself would subscribe for Dr. McCoy, a Scotty with a better face, Uhura, female Romulan Commander, Captain Koloth, and stuff like chairs, beds, interior...

Interesting idea! I'd be down for Bones at a minimum. :clap Not sure if Nanjin could do this though ...

I emailed QMX yesterday and asked about the possibility of a re-release of McCoy.
Rocky replied that there are no plans to do so at the moment, but he's forwarding all interest over to the QMX creative team. Now I emailed QMX in February 2019 asking about a re-release of Kirk and Spock.. and at that time they also said there were no plans to do either, but look what happened...!!

If you want a McCoy re-release like I do (which I have to assume would be done with the new superior body type and the printed rank insignia) then email QMX at their contact "help@" address and let them know! Let's get this done!

Great Idea! That's what I am going to do right now!!!

Folks, just do it, too! The more inquiries QMx gets the more realistic is a re-issue.

I emailed QMX yesterday and asked about the possibility of a re-release of McCoy.
Rocky replied that there are no plans to do so at the moment, but he's forwarding all interest over to the QMX creative team. Now I emailed QMX in February 2019 asking about a re-release of Kirk and Spock.. and at that time they also said there were no plans to do either, but look what happened...!!

If you want a McCoy re-release like I do (which I have to assume would be done with the new superior body type and the printed rank insignia) then email QMX at their contact "help@" address and let them know! Let's get this done!

I believe I had emailed them a few weeks back, don't remember. But I once again just sent this message:

Dear Rocky, or to whom it may concern at QMx,

Please let me know if there are any plans to re-release the 1/6 McCoy figure with the new body style and printed sleeve insignia. You will find a tremendous interest in this figure from A LOT of fans out there! I for one would pre-order at least two of them, in a heartbeat!

Kind regards,

Hi Nanjin,
having ordered Kirk & Spock recently from BBTS I am expecting the couple soon. So the slim body of Spock's you are showing in this thread, is it on the figure I have ordered? If not, where can I get a slim one to obtain the slim silhouette of tall Spock?
Othere quiestion: Are you by yourself going to sell any spare parts etc.?
Thank you.
Yes, Polaris bodies were used on the re-releases.

All parts belong to QMx have been destroyed and or recycled because I didnt receive any instruction from them, and I left them with the factory. More than likely recycled after no instruction for 8 months.

I only have the set accurate parts. These set accurate uniforms wont match what you have.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interesting idea! I'd be down for Bones at a minimum. :clap Not sure if Nanjin could do this though ...
If I take charge of this line, all your concern will be covered to thr most extent.

I think more than 70% of what different series' fans wanted would be covered within 2 years.

I have no quantities constraints. I dont need to have thousands to go into production.

Sulu only made 500. One of his mission was to test small quantity production. It worked with an even lower than Scotty production cost. Imagine what can I do with quantities.

Great Idea! That's what I am going to do right now!!!

Folks, just do it, too! The more inquiries QMx gets the more realistic is a re-issue.
Btw, I dont think they have a creative team for 1/6. Whomever they could hire might never seen a single 1/6 production in their entire lives. I have.

Furthermore, I also doubt they can make that communicator. The screen is real 18k gold. I am sharing a block of 18k gold with a jeweler. It would cost them about 10k to buy one and wasted the rest? I only need about $100 worth to make thousands and thousands.

...and I think McCoy's mold is growing with living things already [emoji38]

[emoji28]

Last edited:
If I take charge of this line, all your concern will be covered to thr most extent.

I think more than 70% of what different series' fans wanted would be covered within 2 years.

I have no quantities constraints. I dont need to have thousands to go into production.

Sulu only made 500. One of his mission was to test small quantity production. It worked with an even lower than Scotty production cost. Imagine what can I do with quantities.

You get this off the ground people will demand a Nanjin 1/6 figure!!!😉👍🏻🤔🤣😳

Yes, I did scratch building quite a long time ago.

Yes I have plans and pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/propworx/7491671706/

there are a lot of details, pics and sketches of the Galileo chair and I wonder whether with that I could build a replica with a 3D printer?

Any hints or suggestions warmly welcome.

photostream

photostream

Thank you.

Yeah. 3D printing might be easier. Either that, or make a master and vacform the seat. But 3D printing would be easier, for sure.

Great news for people waiting for 2nd wave Scotty. Release date from QMX of 4Q 2020. The Sulu figure is also moving forward....

Great news for people waiting for 2nd wave Scotty. Release date from QMX of 4Q 2020. The Sulu figure is also moving forward....
According to what? QMX themselves or where are you getting the info? I mean great to hear if true, but if it?s a retailer telling you that they may just be pushing out a delay email. I think Scotty and Sulu were supposedly coming quarter two if I recall right. All they seem to care about pushing these days are their Q-Figs.

Back