QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fellas who need to move their old sets I'd recommend Ebay. I too was not out to make a profit. just get the best of the best and filter out my well cared for and loved old version set at the price I paid for plus Ebay fee considerations.

Both Spock and Kirk sold within mins.

Hey fellas who need to move their old sets I'd recommend Ebay. I too was not out to make a profit. just get the best of the best and filter out my well cared for and loved old version set at the price I paid for plus Ebay fee considerations.

Both Spock and Kirk sold within mins.

I am going to move everything over to eBay tomorrow, but I wanted to give the hard-core fans here a first crack at it, I thought that was only fair to do, as opposed to some toy dealer who is gonna grab them and sell them one by one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure you could find a body that would work for these figures if you’re someone who gets really hung up on that type of thing. Personally I usually don’t, but in the case of some of these they do look too muscular in comparison with how their bodies looked on the show.

I’m sure you could find a body that would work for these figures if you’re someone who gets really hung up on that type of thing. Personally I usually don’t, but in the case of some of these they do look too muscular in comparison with how their bodies looked on the show.

Yeah, on McCoy particularly I can't get past that issue. V2 Kirk and Spock bodies on them I can accept. If anybody knows of a specific "normal" body that would work with the McCoy head please let me know. I don't know anything about swapping heads and bodies so I don't know what would work w/ the QMx neck/torso connection of McCoy. Probably a dumb Q but wouldn't it have to be a QMx body? Even then, are all QMx bodies created so the neck connection is universal for other QMx heads?

I mean it’s a pain to undress figures, but there are a bunch of options. I don’t know which to recommend, but if you look there are tons of sixth scale bodies to choose from.

Yeah, on McCoy particularly I can't get past that issue. V2 Kirk and Spock bodies on them I can accept. If anybody knows of a specific "normal" body that would work with the McCoy head please let me know. I don't know anything about swapping heads and bodies so I don't know what would work w/ the QMx neck/torso connection of McCoy. Probably a dumb Q but wouldn't it have to be a QMx body? Even then, are all QMx bodies created so the neck connection is universal for other QMx heads?

I used the Threezero Rick Grimes body for McCoy. It's the true definition of a 'narrow shoulder', which was a concept that got lost along the way with the TrueType narrow shoulder knock-offs. It was a ridiculously skinny body to have used for Rick.

Photo from Toy Anxiety:

Body__12745.1478112626.380.380.jpg

I used the Threezero Rick Grimes body for McCoy. It's the true definition of a 'narrow shoulder', which was a concept that got lost along the way with the TrueType narrow shoulder knock-offs. It was a ridiculously skinny body to have used for Rick.

Photo from Toy Anxiety:

Body__12745.1478112626.380.380.jpg

Thanks, but this does not look like a ridiculously narrow shouldered body to me. It looks like a very fit body with terrific delts! And BTW Rick Grimes did NOT sport wide or muscular shoulders by any stretch. I don?t know why manufacturers are so compelled to make overly muscular bodies when authenticity begs for the opposite.

Nah that body is a twig. It is the definition of slim. I had one for my original John Wick custom. It's the slimmest body I've worked with.

Nah that body is a twig. It is the definition of slim. I had one for my original John Wick custom. It's the slimmest body I've worked with.

Indeed.

I had a photo somewhere of the this body placed neck to neck with a regular 'narrow shoulder' and the difference was significant.

Thanks, but this does not look like a ridiculously narrow shouldered body to me. It looks like a very fit body with terrific delts! And BTW Rick Grimes did NOT sport wide or muscular shoulders by any stretch. I don?t know why manufacturers are so compelled to make overly muscular bodies when authenticity begs for the opposite.

Rick looked much better on a regular 'narrow shoulder'.

For a while I didn't think I'd have a use for the Threezero body, then it seemed a perfect fit for McCoy.

Until you see a body with a head attached, you can’t say for sure. Most bodies have muscles moulded on them. Even skinny ones.
But without a head it’s impossible to say for sure.
Even Hot Toys Flip flop around on the scales of their headsculpts these days, so you have to try a head on a body to know for sure if it will work.

After reading this thread some time ago, I also put my McCoy on a Rick Grimes body and was much happier, but if I recall it was the foot pegs that made it difficult because the RG and QMx foot peg sizes are different and you need the leather boots to fit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After reading this thread some time ago, I also put my McCoy on a Rick Grimes body and was much happier, but if I recall it was the foot pegs that made it difficult because the RG and QMx foot peg sizes are different and you need the leather boots to fit.

To get the height right I removed the ankle extension parts from the legs of the Rick Grimes body, so the legs just rest on top of the QMx pegs that are still attached to the boots.

I did the same with the Sulu body as he was too tall, though I also pulled the pegs out of his boots.

49617340657_41c1e28a24_z.jpg

Wow, didn't realize so many people followed my lead on the Rick Grimes body! It definitely makes a difference I think, even if it's a bit tricky getting the parts to work with it.

Back