QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It feels to me like they were just never that interested in being a full time figure producer like other companies, and just saw it as a way to bring attention to their website and other products.

They also did a Twitter poll recently (like a couple weeks ago) asking what Star Trek series we?d like to see more figures from though. Whether that actually indicates anything or not who knows.

It feels to me like they were just never that interested in being a full time figure producer like other companies, and just saw it as a way to bring attention to their website and other products.
I think is because Marvel approached the company due to 1/6 Trek. Every company went begging for Marvel DC 1/6 licenses except QMx.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Scored a Khan off eBay. Came to under $200 after tax and shipping so not too bad. Trying to basically go after all the QMX Trek figures released and while he’s not a crew member he’ll be cool to have on display.

Scored a Khan off eBay. Came to under $200 after tax and shipping so not too bad. Trying to basically go after all the QMX Trek figures released and while he?s not a crew member he?ll be cool to have on display.
Could have asked me [emoji28]

One thing that I can’t figure out about the Khan figure is why they gave him an intentional, albeit slight, tummy paunch... I just don’t see it on the actor. And it just looks wrong on top of the overly skinny hips and thighs. :dunno

Other than that the figure is my favorite and most accurate out of all of them IMO.

One thing that I can?t figure out about the Khan figure is why they gave him an intentional, albeit slight, tummy paunch... I just don?t see it on the actor. And it just looks wrong on top of the overly skinny hips and thighs. :dunno

Other than that the figure is my favorite and most accurate out of all of them IMO.
There, his belly
5f8863710958eeeacfa95998d8b4cf31.jpg

Not sure I'd call that a "belly", more just him jutting out his stomach a bit. ;)

I removed half of the padding on my figure, and thought it improved the look of the figure quite a lot. Removing the outfit was a struggle, but it can be done. Just be careful not to pull on the glued on parts.

IMG_20200225_094554.jpg

QMX I just don't get- either advertise and support the Trek license or give it up..I was hopeful with the K/S reissues that they were moving forward..but nothing now...still hoping

Must be a Star Trek thing. HCG did something similar. They did beautiful polystone statues of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the Gorn. And there they quit. I snapped all those up when they were released, in fact I had all the exclusive versions, and then I sold them a few years ago when my interest shifted toward 1/72 diecast airplanes for awhile. Now I'm back to Trek and I keep knocking myself for selling them! Now there are very few of them coming up on Ebay. I did manage to snatch an HCG McCoy statue recently for just under $300 incl. tax and shipping (California tax is a whopping 10%!). I did so since the QMx McCoy is so expensive and so ridiculously muscular to the point that it hardly looks like Bones. I mean, the thing about McCoy is that his body is as uniquely him as his face sculpt and the more I see the QMx one the less I can tolerate that body. At this point I can't see myself shelling out over $300 for that!

I hate the fact that Star Trek is basically retail poison. Mezco bailed, and it certainly looks like McFarlane have thrown the licence in the bin.

Has anyone else got close to 400GBP tied to Scotty and Sulu with Planet Action Figures, I'm starting to get worried.

Back