QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A McCoy reissue has not been announced by QMX, and I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say I think it's pretty unlikely they will reissue him since he was hanging around in stock for 2 years until the Kirk and Spock reissue was announced this summer and then the remaining stock immediately sold out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FYI, I heard from QMX and they said that the 1/6 line is not dead and figures shown are still coming but development for 1/6 just takes a lot longer than their other stuff.

FYI, I heard from QMX and they said that the 1/6 line is not dead and figures shown are still coming but development for 1/6 just takes a lot longer than their other stuff.

This would make sense. The sales seem reasonable. Although I might expect a slight dip in quality without Nanjin's input, at this point, I am so anxious for them to finish the TOS crew at least, with special releases of other characters.

My fear is that without more public commitment, fans might wobble and it could hit sales.

I wonder what they mean by ?shown??

I?m sure they mean the most recent SDCC, which would be TOS: Chekov, TNG: Data, Geordi, and i think i saw Riker?

I?m fine with that since i?m more of a TNG fan, but i hope for so many of you they mean all previous shown figures, e.g. TWOK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would make sense. The sales seem reasonable. Although I might expect a slight dip in quality without Nanjin's input, at this point, I am so anxious for them to finish the TOS crew at least, with special releases of other characters.

From what i gather, production & quality is all he controls now. I?d expect the slowdown in releases we?ve seen to continue, without his constant lobbying, though

My fear is that without more public commitment, fans might wobble and it could hit sales.

Yeah. I think Nanjin basically channeled all of our collective energy into QMx. Without his presence, they?ll possibly become more market research driven, which is hard for 1:6 figures from long finished TV shows.

I guess HT doing Neo might help them realize there?s a market for things from yesterday.

I wonder what they mean by ?shown??

I?m sure they mean the most recent SDCC, which would be TOS: Chekov, TNG: Data, Geordi, and i think i saw Riker?

I?m fine with that since i?m more of a TNG fan, but i hope for so many of you they mean all previous shown figures, e.g. TWOK.

Yep. TWOK was included in the list of ones they said were still happening.

was this in a public forum? I'd love to see it!

No. It was a response to an email I sent to QMX asking them directly about the future of the 1/6 line (specifically Star Trek and Supernatural). I was getting tired of seeing nothing but speculation and half baked rumors on the public boards and decided to get the info directly from the source.

Here is an excerpt with the bits about the 1/6 line.

"I can assure you that our 1:6 line is not dead. We've been putting a lot of time and effort into developing new figures. Knowing our 1:6 team, they would be thrilled to put out a new figure every week ranging from fan favorites to minor characters who only get a few minutes of screen time. The development process for 1:6 figures is ultimately a lot longer than that for Q-Figures. We can often get several Q-Figs out to market in the time it takes to work on one 1/6 scale figure.

We are absolutely still working on Sam and Castiel from Supernatural, along with the rest of the bridge crew from TOS, the Wrath of Khan figures, and several from TNG as well, not to mention figures from other IPs. I would love to go into all the reasons for the delays on the pieces, but I'm afraid I can't share too much about our development process. But please know that our 1/6 team is still actively working on the next lineup of 1:6 from QMX"

Now... I'm not trying to start more discussion or in some people's cases, arguments over it and am just taking it for it it seems to me (which is good news). I just wanted to share with fellow fans.

No. It was a response to an email I sent to QMX asking them directly about the future of the 1/6 line (specifically Star Trek and Supernatural). I was getting tired of seeing nothing but speculation and half baked rumors on the public boards and decided to get the info directly from the source.

Here is an excerpt with the bits about the 1/6 line.

"I can assure you that our 1:6 line is not dead. We've been putting a lot of time and effort into developing new figures. Knowing our 1:6 team, they would be thrilled to put out a new figure every week ranging from fan favorites to minor characters who only get a few minutes of screen time. The development process for 1:6 figures is ultimately a lot longer than that for Q-Figures. We can often get several Q-Figs out to market in the time it takes to work on one 1/6 scale figure.

We are absolutely still working on Sam and Castiel from Supernatural, along with the rest of the bridge crew from TOS, the Wrath of Khan figures, and several from TNG as well, not to mention figures from other IPs. I would love to go into all the reasons for the delays on the pieces, but I'm afraid I can't share too much about our development process. But please know that our 1/6 team is still actively working on the next lineup of 1:6 from QMX"

Now... I'm not trying to start more discussion or in some people's cases, arguments over it and am just taking it for it it seems to me (which is good news). I just wanted to share with fellow fans.
I wonder who is developing Trek. If they just going to use the prototype that I made, then I am sure i can point out at least 6 guarantee mistakes [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder who is developing Trek. If they just going to use the prototype that I made, then I am sure i can point out at least 6 guarantee mistakes [emoji28]

Nanjin, I am sure that they will be using your prototypes. Your work is to good to just toss aside. And it sounds like the things they have mentioned are ones you have been involved with already. What happens after that?... only time will tell. Lol

Nanjin, I am sure that they will be using your prototypes. Your work is to good to just toss aside. And it sounds like the things they have mentioned are ones you have been involved with already. What happens after that?... only time will tell. Lol
I think only John from Avonos knows more about twok than me, and the prototype that I did had more than 8 mistakes which cant be solved without production leverage.

But I do believe I am the only civilian who knows every detail of Old Khan outfit.

My 1/6 trek uniforms can amazed the Trek uniforms geeks.

Thank you for sharing. That is good news indeed. In the meantime while we wait patiently, why not post more pictures? Has nobody fun playing with their figures anymore?

Great. I like that your yard furniture is 1960?s looking [emoji1303]
Thank you! I got it from ebay, no idea when it was made. I simply loved that for once it is not Barbie pink ;)

I wonder if they will actually follow through and try to develop them without you being involved. Maybe if they try and start to fail they will pick up the phone and try to mend fences and try to collaborate with you again.

Not much to talk about until some of us get our orders in hand or receive a shipping notification at least

Back