QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QMX are you still committed to 1/6 scale figures or are you getting out. I want DP Roberts but not if he is the only figure in the line, I'm guessing Firefly is a one and done at this point.

I’m looking forward to these.

It will be nice having a non-burly Spock, with the embroidered rank stripes on the uniform.

If we’re not getting new head-sculpts though, will the hope the flesh tone paint at least be improved a bit?

The current Kirk is good, but Spock should have been a lot paler in my opinion. The makeup Nimoy wore really reflected the studio lights quite a bit, making him sometimes look almost pastel yellow.

I’m looking forward to these.

It will be nice having a non-burly Spock, with the embroidered rank stripes on the uniform.

If we’re not getting new head-sculpts though, will the hope the flesh tone paint at least be improved a bit?

The current Kirk is good, but Spock should have been a lot paler in my opinion. The makeup Nimoy wore really reflected the studio lights quite a bit, making him sometimes look almost pastel yellow.
Both had different paint app. They were done in-house, not sub contracted.

Leonard Nimoy -1 Spock Makeup foundation

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
7a9c8300b698e7637cf0df09633a6ba0.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting to hear about the new bodies. I bought some replacements and swapped them out , but interested to see how they look. I will be buying them to upgrade if I can.

Patiently waiting for Sulu to arrive, in the UK it should have been a lot sooner but we all know the reason why.

If the re-issue figures have the newer bodies with tailored outfits I'll get them and give the previous figures to my brother who is a big Trek fan too.

The new bodies alone make the reissued Kirk Spock a must! I have all the originals but have POs in for these as well. Support Trek!
I think I need a.liyyle more clarification of the original plan for this new body.

It was meant to be in place as TOS moved toward the 4th or 5th figures. I timed the process so it could suppory Jacketed Uniforms and any future releases that require PVC upper body.

I should have the samples this week. Additional info will be posted together with Production Samples (depending on QMx)

Just received a QMX email survey. I was asked what I wanted to see more of. I can't remember all of the options, my response was STAR TREK.

I think I need a.liyyle more clarification of the original plan for this new body.

It was meant to be in place as TOS moved toward the 4th or 5th figures. I timed the process so it could suppory Jacketed Uniforms and any future releases that require PVC upper body.

I should have the samples this week. Additional info will be posted together with Production Samples (depending on QMx)

For us early adopters of the original releases who may be interested in in porting to the new bodies, can we expect at least a decent transition or will the tailoring be so wildly different it won't make a difference?

QMX are you still committed to 1/6 scale figures or are you getting out. I want DP Roberts but not if he is the only figure in the line, I'm guessing Firefly is a one and done at this point.

I was told Inigo Montoya is a good bet to be released. Beyond that for TPB is less certain.

I eagerly await the response to this. [emoji846]
I am too. I only know the body should look good on most Trek that is newly developed. I havent seen this body in the 2016 TOS screen accurate blue shirt yet.

So far, it doesnt look good in my “Set Accurate” blue [emoji24] (these teal blue were veto'd and were cut with Kirk's pattern in 2016, but I love the color ).

Set Accurate blue in picture

96a50492fd496f5f7d916fb9508c79ad.jpg

Last edited:
Coincidently this new body, it seems, from the description, to be the same type Sci-fi metropolis used for their Star Trek 1:6 line that unfortunately never saw production. Right down to the adjustable height and articulation.

Coincidently this new body, it seems, from the description, to be the same type Sci-fi metropolis used for their Star Trek 1:6 line that unfortunately never saw production. Right down to the adjustable height and articulation.
I think all produced bodies are about the same. Pre-production Modulation is widely used to have height variation, except WorldBox and 1000toys, their bodied are significantly different from others.

I am concerned about Uhuras body. All women sixth scale figures I have seen tall Amazons. Does a body her size exist?

I am concerned about Uhuras body. All women sixth scale figures I have seen tall Amazons. Does a body her size exist?

That’s primarily only the case with the seamless bodies (though TBL has been putting out smaller bodies lately); otherwise, the majority of female bodies have been moderately short, some (like the ThreeZ bodies) ridiculously so.

Well, whatever QMX do, I hope they design a body far away from the HT model... those are some of the ugliest female bodies ever designed.

Back