QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the situation of dooming Kirk and Spock 2.0 to peg-warmer status is low if they find just the right balance in production numbers. Judging on their lack of availability and high prices on eBay, it tells us it’s not enough. Unless it’s QMx’s objective to created prestige, extremely rare and limited run figures vs. making as much profit they can make, then by all means don’t make 2.0 TOS Kirk and Spock and keep so many collectors at such a level of frustration and disappointment.

I've got the original Kirk and Spock and the only one I would double-dip on would be a green wrap shirt Kirk. No interest in Spock 2.0.

This way, as previously mentioned many times, I can have one Kirk sitting on his chair and the other with the "Away Team"...

If Spock 2.0 head sculpt is fascinating, I would definitely purchase one loose, if available.

Same here. I like the option of double-upping or even triple-upping on figures with different costumes in general, like most collectors. Green wrap Kirk makes perfect sense, as does a dress uniform version for Kirk and Spock at least (dress uniform Spock being the only other 2nd TOS Spock option -- not counting alternate universe goatee Spock of course. I purchased two McCoys just so that I could display him wearing both his standard tunic and medical tunic at the same time. Multiple costume options is a never-ending stream of revenue for QMx is they want to take advantage of it.

While I don’t know if I’d double-dip on figures, the idea someone mentioned of Asmus-style expansion packs would be something I would be interested in.

Same here. I like the option of double-upping or even triple-upping on figures with different costumes in general, like most collectors. Green wrap Kirk makes perfect sense, as does a dress uniform version for Kirk and Spock at least (dress uniform Spock being the only other 2nd TOS Spock option -- not counting alternate universe goatee Spock of course. I purchased two McCoys just so that I could display him wearing both his standard tunic and medical tunic at the same time. Multiple costume options is a never-ending stream of revenue for QMx is they want to take advantage of it.

Mirror Spock and Kirk would be day one pre-order.

:lecture:exactly: Mirror, Mirror Spock and Kirk would be too cool to pass up. I wouldn't need the others in MM outfits, although they would look pretty cool, especially Uhura.

Oh yeah, Mirror Uhura would be a Must Have if they were to make it. She looked absolutely badass in that outfit.

mirrormirrorhd1322~01~01.jpg

Oh yeah, Mirror Uhura would be a Must Have if they were to make it. She looked absolutely badass in that outfit.

View attachment 457835
Mirror versions would be awesome. I'd get Spock, Uhura and Sulu(with that iconic scar!).

As for the Kirk, Spock 2.0 discussion. The asmus head thing is a great idea to consider. I'd probably do Kirk in a new outfit but for me to double on regular Spock is asking a lot unless he's the mirror one. Now if its just the head, I'd happily buy it assuming its swappable with the current head.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I was told from Timewalker that the bulk of the Sulu’s won’t be coming until September, and that came from QMX when TW inquired about the handful that QMX sold from their site.

Hmm, I'm okay with the wait I guess. That means Sulu and the second batch Scotty will hit about the same time.

If it was 100% confirmed we’re getting updated Kirk and Spock figures I would go ahead and order Bones. But I’d hate to be stuck with just him out of the trio. :lol

this seems to be the norm now with qmx, send out some then hold back and infuriate it's loyal customer base. How many times now have they breached the trust. In no other retail arena do you pay for something and have to wait, be it deposit or in full, 4th o gave a small amount delivered and then have to wait for the rest. It seems that they are relying upon our good nature to hide their poor customer service. They are either just badly organised, financially in trouble or just plain arrogant. If there was a problem with the factory or delivery processes at least have the common decency to let your consumer base know, it would help to keep the faith of people who support them and the line, it as with me that support and patience has now come to an end.

Yeah with how long it's taking them to release Scotty and Sulu, I really don't see them being able to knock out as many figures per year as Nanjin was anticipating. It just doesn't seem like something QMX has the capability for.

Agreed, they have been beaten to the punch with unlicensed I Pennywise an the nun figures both of which are getting good reviews. If they can't deliver on what they say they are working on their business plan needs a serious review, because if all they can concentrate on are mini figures and badges and cheap luggage tags then don't enter the 1:6 market as although they were good and in the s as me league as some others like threezero, they can't match Hot toys. And although Nanjin preaches the star trek mantra, his expectations and hopes are clearly not matched by QMX management, they need to support collectors not alienate them. Let's face it Star Trek as a franchise for collectors of figures is quite limited, but they could have expanded upon it if they had been more supportive, and then those who were thrilled with the line and the company then satisfied consumers and fans would have muted the virtues of the company, and built a reputation for fair and superior practices. I fear now that the damage has been done, unless they can redeem themselves and deliver as superior customer centric approach.

Wow, everyone is an expert on QMx's business practices now. The only problem I have with them is the change in Sulu's sculpt. I ordered from SS, so I've got Scotty and Sulu already. But I also didn't wait around to place my order either. I think the lower production run of these figures is fine, and likely allows them to do more crew members. And it also avoids the overstock that Bones is having. However I do think they need to announce a 2.0 of Kirk and Spock for those that missed out the first go around. Spock especially needs an updated sculpt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well each person has their own opinion, and for your info as soon as they were solicited here I placed the order and paid and still didn't get any. I am not an expert but my opinion is no less as important as yours, just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean we don't. And in today's Business environment customer satisfaction is key, and Iam just saying I'm not satisfied and am entitled to that view as are you but don't assume we delayed ordering to show sort of a inflated view of your higher moral ground that you did, please. And it wasn't low numbers produced and sold out it was low numbers distributed and held back for later release not a good model, a false indication of a false higher demand only or that they didn't have sufficient funds to complete the pre-orders already paid for, either way in my opinion not a good customer satisfaction indicator.

Out of curiosity, where did you order yours from Praetor1? QMx or another distributor?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back